2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest version of the December DISers. Remember, if you want a pin you need to PM Teena in early November given her upcoming cruises (yes, that is as in more than one!!!).

TiggerFan3590 BC 11/30 – 12/07
Liltoot BC 12/01 – 12/05
MUNUmom BC 12/02 – 12/08
Pamelasu1 BC 12/03 – 12/08
Counselormom BC 12/03 – 12/11
Diseverestfan BC 12/04 – 12/11
Chaoticsweetness BC 12/05 – 12/10
KB24 BC 12/06 – 12/13
EspressoMom BC 12/07 – 12/13
AimHi BC CL 12/07 – 12/13
LeafsFanNL BC 12/08 – 12/12
Crazy4wdw BC 12/09 – 12/16
Ilovejsparrow BC 12/12 – 12/18
West&East BC CL 12/18 – 12/23
Disneynuts BC 12/20 – 12/29
Gabe’s Mom BC 12/23 – 12/31
Cwnhokie BCV 12/11 – 12/15
DisneyMouser BCV 12/13 – 12/17
Kittycat9 YC CL 11/27 – 12/07
Aerorea YC 11/28– 12/04
Katesdad YC 11/29 – 12/04
Sophie832 YC 12/02 – 12/12
GaSwan YC
Pamelasu1 YC 12/08 – 12/13
Alisaheather YC 12/09 – 12/15
Cocoabean1 YC CL 12/10 – 12/19
BLTLDZ YC 12/12 – 12/17
Arkansan YC CL 12/16 – 12/21

Hi, just Checked in to Yacht Club this morning. Room was ready upon arrival at 10am rm 5185 had a king bed and daybed and a view of the lighthouse...DD 25 said uh I'm not sleeping with you so we were moved to 5237 two queens and a daybed far from the elevator but the view is amazing! We overlook SAB, Boardwalk and can see Eifel Tower. The weather is amazing! If I can answer anyones questions while I'm here let me know. Can't wait to meet you on Sunday Teena!

-Nannette

I do not think anyone has posted any of the movies/activities for October yet...only if you happen to notice, can you tell me what going on Oct 22 and 23rd? Thanks a bunch!

I am just back from my first stay at the Yacht club. I LOVED it. I have previously stayed at POR, WL and AKL. Well I have already booked the Yacht club for next Sept to take advantage of free dining again.
The only thing my mom kept saying was this is so elegant. Staff was wonderful. Room was beautiful. The mousekeeping could not have been any better. Check in was great. I had checked in with a room only on Saturday and then my vacation pkg started on Sunday. I realized that I should check and see if I could keep the same room for the entire stay since they were different reservations. I went to the front desk and the nice young lady told me that she had already taken care of that so just go ahead an unpack.
We had the character breakfast at the Cape May and had a most delightful server named Dorothy. The characters all came over for pictures and autographs. I really enjoyed this breakfast much more than the one at Ohana. The food was very good, everything was hot and tasty. We had the seafood buffet on the 1st evening in and enjoyed it so much we ate there 2 more times. We also had breakfast at the Captains Grill and a dinner there as well. We had crab cakes which were very good and my sis had the mahi mahi which was the market fish. She said she liked it very much.
We used the quiet pool area more than SAB, but it was nice to sit on the porch and watch all of the folks in SAB having a good time and to see the kids---both large and small coming down the fabulous slide.
I just don't have a bad thing to say about the entire experience at the Yacht club.

Thanks for your report! Sounds like you had a great time! My family stayed at the BC in August and had a wonderful time as well! Great resorts.

I just love hearing about all the wonderful vacations that people have just returned from!!! And jealous for all of you who leave this weekend. But I will be there soon enough...getting so jazzed :cool1: Does anyone have any trip reports that they have done recently? I love reading them but find the actual trip report section to be a little overwhelming. Thanks in advance.

I do not think anyone has posted any of the movies/activities for October yet...only if you happen to notice, can you tell me what going on Oct 22 and 23rd? Thanks a bunch!

Sunday. The Haunted Mansion

Monday. Monsters Inc.

Tuesday. Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Wednesday. Mystery Movie Night

Thursday. Tinker Bell and the Lost Tresure

Friday. Up

Saturday. Beauty and the Beast

Let me know if there is anything else I can find out for anyone.

-Nannette

Sunday. The Haunted Mansion

Monday. Monsters Inc.

Tuesday. Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Wednesday. Mystery Movie Night

Thursday. Tinker Bell and the Lost Tresure

Friday. Up

Saturday. Beauty and the Beast

Let me know if there is anything else I can find out for anyone.

-Nannette

Thanks! How about the SAB hours?

I've missed this thread for a few days, and I'm just catching up this morning!

1) Natebenma - enjoy your D.C. trip!!! Also, it's pretty amazing that someone can ask about the BC fridge, and you can produce a picture of that fridge!

2) Cindydare - How exciting to get the CL upgrade! And funny you should mention the cruise. My husband and I were in Mexico for a very short anniversary celebration, and he was interested in the cruise ships. Our three boys have asked for a Disney cruise, but until now, we didn't have everyone on board with the idea. So the research begins, and maybe I'll see you over on the Disney Cruise board!

3) Teena - Hope you are enjoying your trip to visit Jeanne! And now that we're seriously researching a cruise, we'll have lots of questions for you!

Just got home late last night. Had a fantastic time. Now to catch up on my pin requests and the disboards and get some laundry done. Bob woke up this morning and is sick. Must have caught something out there. I hope it doesn't turn into brochitis!!

Bring on the cruise questions. I feel like the MAGIC is our second home. And everybody knows how I feel about Castaway Cay and the adult beach!!

This is one of my disappointments with Disney Marketing lately. Every trip I would buy a resort cap, regular T-shirt and long sleeve T.

My question. Does anyone (Teena?) know where were could write, email or call to complain about this. I don't think we are a minority. May could even post out on the Resort board so others could see. I would definitive like my feelings to be heard.

I'd write to Guest Communications and send a "cc" to the General Manager of the Y&B Club (Mim Flynn).

I also know one way to be "heard" is to do the exit survey (7 AM in the lobby of the resort on the day you are checking out) and also mention it in the survey that is sent out via email or regular mail to about 40% of the guests after they get home. It's random as to who gets those surveys but if you get one, for sure answer it. Those two surveys are very very very important and they are really looked at by all divisions. Everybody can do the exit survey. Just be down in the lobby around 7 AM on the day you check out and look for some CMs walking around with lap top computers.

Two more sleeps for us. Although I'm not sure how much actual sleep will be done the night before we leave. I think we'll have the "I'm too excited to sleep" syndrome.

We will be at the YC Dec 10-19. I know that if the weather is to cold that they don't have the movies on the beach and that it gets moved inside.

Do they have a bon-fire on the beach? do they have marshmellows? Do they provide blankets for the chairs?

As many times as I have been to Disney, we have never done this, we might try it this year if it is on the beach.

Glad you had a nice trip, but sorry to hear that Bob is now sick. So are you feeling all better now?

I unfortunately snore and my friend tends to be a light sleeper. Any suggestions of what I could do so we both get a good nights sleep?? Anyone use those strips or no snore sprays? Thanks for any help.

We will be at the YC Dec 10-19. I know that if the weather is to cold that they don't have the movies on the beach and that it gets moved inside.

Do they have a bon-fire on the beach? do they have marshmellows? Do they provide blankets for the chairs?

As many times as I have been to Disney, we have never done this, we might try it this year if it is on the beach.

When we were there in the summer they did the bonfire each night around dusk and did give little bags of marshmallow and sticks to use.
Since we were there in July, I can't address the issue of blankets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter