2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

We'll be traveling with 3 children - ages 5-9. We'll be booking a room that accommodates 5 people and will be buying park tickets for 5 people. Does that mean we would get the free dining plan for all 5 people? (It said rates based on two adults, one junior - whatever that is - and one child.) If the free dining plan will only work for 4 people, will we be able to buy a dining plan for the third child?

A junior is a "Disney Adult". Once children turn 10, they pay adult prices. So legally they're still children but at Disney, they don't qualify for children's' prices. Like pp said, everyone on your reservation would get free dining. They say based on 2 adults, etc. but it can be for however many legally fit in one room. The park ticket is a 2-day minimum.

Children on the Dining Plan can only order from the children's menus.

Are the reservations already open for the free dining plan? It's been 5 years since I've booked f/d. Thought they opened it at the end of Feb or March? I'm a Disney Visa member.

I think they need to un sticky this and make it a more current thread....There have been so many changes since 2010 lol:rotfl:

Does anyone know from the past about how much it is to upgrade free dining for a value resort (so the quick service plan) to the basic plan (1TS, 1QS, 1Snack)?
Trying to determine if we might as well stay at a moderate or if we'd still save money staying value and upgrading the plan...assuming we stay during free dining

Does anyone know from the past about how much it is to upgrade free dining for a value resort (so the quick service plan) to the basic plan (1TS, 1QS, 1Snack)?
Trying to determine if we might as well stay at a moderate or if we'd still save money staying value and upgrading the plan...assuming we stay during free dining

We upgrade and I believe it is about $18-$20 per person/day.

we encountered this exact question this past november.

When i calculated the value resort with free QS dining upgraded to table service dining, it actually came out a tad more expensive than the moderate resort with table service free dining.
So a no brainer for us.
the comparison was specifically between pop century and Port Orleans Riverside.
The difference was very small, but pop came out more. So of course, we booked POR.

i just did math for my stay for the same question it would be 81 more to stay at caribian resort, so we may just stay there if the free dinning is availbule when we want it.

Thanks! Our options right now are a suite at ASMusic or the cabins at Fort Wilderness. I think if we go during free dining we will just go with the cabins then...especially since we'd be upgrading 6 dining plans.

Is it true POR was excluded from free dining last year?

from what i understand, when free dining first came out last year POR was excluded.

But it was included in a later stage.

I don't recall when i booked my daughter's room - she stayed at POR in mid-november 2014.

maybe it was in may or june that i booked her stay?
anyway, when i called up to book her free dining package, POR had just become available for free dining. The CM was very excited that it was available as it hadn't been initially.

Do we know when Disney will post the dates for later this year? We're going end August/beginning of September and just wondering if we'll be able to take advantage of free dining.

I am also very intersted .... Going Sept 12-22.
Is there a chance that free dining will be available for these dates?

Is it true POR was excluded from free dining last year?
POR has been excluded for a couple of years now. PIN codes that went out last year did include POR though.

Do we know when Disney will post the dates for later this year? We're going end August/beginning of September and just wondering if we'll be able to take advantage of free dining.
Still a little early for Fall promos to be announced. Last year, it was in May.

Was FQ included last year? I can't seem to find the link to the resorts included last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!