2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

In the past you were eligible if you are retired and have a current ID card. We have used it twice.

we just booked WL club level for 8 nights at the end of sept using the military savings and added dining - :cool1: It's almost a year away (we actually just got back last Friday from our trip this year) = ugh the wait will kill me:rotfl:

Thank you for posting! A friend of mine was just asking today about this.
I called the number, and we are saving about $200 more with the free dining we are getting vs. the military discount. Always better to check though! :)

Are you eligible for the Military discount if you are retired?

Yes, if you are retired military with an ID card, you qualify for the discount room and ticket if there is a ticket. DH is retired AF and we always take advantage of these discounts.

I called tonight to book a hotel and find out info for tickets. We booked a room at the POLY for Dec 15-20. THE CM that I spoke with said they have taken back the military ticket special for now and he wasn't sure why or when it would be offered again. I am going to call tomorrow an see what else I can find out.

Just read on MilitaryDisneytips that he has been told that the Military ticket will be released, but not until Jan. 1, 2011 and will run until Oct. 1, 2011. :headache: :confused3
I hope its not true as we were hoping to use the tickets Nov.

We were hoping to use them in December. Wish they would offer the ticket deal the same timeline as the room discount.

Dangit! I'm there TOMORROW! Staying at SOG, so maybe they will include the discounts for us. Tickets would be nice, but oh well.

Dangit! I'm there TOMORROW! Staying at SOG, so maybe they will include the discounts for us. Tickets would be nice, but oh well.

I think they still offer a slight discounted price at SOG but don't forget, if you are close to a base get them at the local ITT office to avoid paying tax. Every dollar saved is another one to use at Disney!!:goodvibes

Hope you have an awesome time!:wizard:

I think they still offer a slight discounted price at SOG but don't forget, if you are close to a base get them at the local ITT office to avoid paying tax. Every dollar saved is another one to use at Disney!!:goodvibes

Hope you have an awesome time!:wizard:

They are still tax-free at SoG, too.

I just spoke to a CM on the phone that told me the tickets are going to be released they just don't know when. She told me to hold off buying my ticket for now. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed lol!!

DH just spoke to ITT--they said they have tickets, and have spoken to Disney (Idk what that means, but that's what they said) and are waiting on approval from the AF to sell them. They anticipate "soon". Again, idk what that means, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.:)

Subscribing to this thread...thanks for the info...hoping ticket info comes out soon! :)

Anyone know if there is any policing discounts as well? TIA

If there is they are not widely discussed your best bet would be to speak with your HR department or if you have a discount point of contact talk to them. Also check Swan and Dolphin sometimes they do offer room discounts to a variety of professions.

Our local ITT says they've heard all the rumors and done research, but can't sell tickets until their Disney rep gives them the okay, then it takes about a week to get them in stock. We leave for WDW on Nov 2nd. Want to make any bets on whether we'll be able to buy the tickets before we leave? :confused3

I booked 40% off at the Beach Club and added Military Dining!!! :D Thank you Disney!!!

Never heard of Military Dining...how does it differ from regular dining plan? Our daughter and her hubby may be moving to Tampa in a month and he's in the military. They would love any help in getting their family to Disney within their budget. Any helpful info would be appreciated! Discount info is awesome!

Never heard of Military Dining...how does it differ from regular dining plan? Our daughter and her hubby may be moving to Tampa in a month and he's in the military. They would love any help in getting their family to Disney within their budget. Any helpful info would be appreciated! Discount info is awesome!

It's the same dining plan. You can just make your reservation a package by adding the DDP--without adding tickets. So it's called Military Dining. Because you can buy the discounted Military Salute tickets separately.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter