2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are completely except from the package rule. There are no ticket purchase requirements for DVC members at all.

We would really like to do an entire evening at the EPCOT Food and Wine festival. Are you able to exchange a TS meal for several snack credits? Thanks!

**tinkerbell** said:
can you use any of the dining plan credits at downtown disney?
The FAQ (found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1023429&page=1&pp=15) provides a link to the brochures, which list which Downtown Disney eateries participate in the Dining Plan.

Stitch28 said:
We would really like to do an entire evening at the EPCOT Food and Wine festival. Are you able to exchange a TS meal for several snack credits? Thanks!
Sorry, but no. There is no formal mechanism for exchanging TS credits for snack credit(s).

jjohnson said:
You are completely except from the package rule. There are no ticket purchase requirements for DVC members at all.
Just to be clear -- the benefit (no ticket purchase requirement) is not a benefit of being a DVC member, but rather is a benefit of staying at a DVC resort on DVC points. DVC members staying on cash reservations are subject to the requirement, and non-DVC members staying at DVC resorts on DVC points are not subject to the requirement.

Q1 I won our trip to Disney, so am I eligible for the DDP? Meals are not included. If so, who do I call to book? Promotions dept?

Q2 Do I understand that I cannot purchase the plan for just us adults and not kids? Our twins will have just turned 10 11 days prior to going and $38 seems like alot for them to eat.

I'm not sure who you would call to see if you're eligible, but assuming you are eligible, it would indeed cost $38 per day for your 10 year olds. For some it would be worth it; for others it wouldn't be. Make your own decision, and if it isn't worth it to you, don't purchase the Dining Plan.

Please excuse me if this question has been previously answered. I am hoping that the free dining plan will again be offered in 2007. Let's assume that the dates offered for free dining are Aug 05 - Sept 29, 2007. My question is if I planned my stay for Sep 28 - Oct 10, 2007, would the free dining end on Sep 29 or continue until the end of my stay?

Thanks in advance for your help, the DIS rocks !! :) :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Colt said:
Please excuse me if this question has been previously answered. I am hoping that the free dining plan will again be offered in 2007. Let's assume that the dates offered for free dining are Aug 05 - Sept 29, 2007. My question is if I planned my stay for Sep 28 - Oct 10, 2007, would the free dining end on Sep 29 or continue until the end of my stay?

They can extend it thru your entire stay but you need a good CM to do it. If you are told no, call back & ask someone else.

Thanks for the quick reply! Now it's time for me to get to work combining a Disney Cruise with hopefully a free dining Disney World stay. Someone very special to me will enjoy their Christmas present... Thanks again! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Colt said:

In the past Disney would let you continue any promotional rate or package (including free dining) if it was in effect as of the day you checked in.

We have no idea if Disney is going to continue this practice in the future. Many hotels will charge you a different rate for different nights of your stay. Many Vegas hotels charge a lot more for Friday and Saturday nights. The rumor is Disney's computer system isn't capable of charging different rates during your stay. Assuming the rumor is true I'd expect Disney's policy will change when the system is upgraded. Right now guests who are staying during a time period in which the seasonal rate goes down split their reservation and guests staying during a time period in which the seasonal rate goes up don't split and get the lower rates.

However, I believe that there is a limit to how long a single stay can be extended.... that limit is ten nights (for American guests).

bicker said:
However, I believe that there is a limit to how long a single stay can be extended.... that limit is ten nights (for American guests).

Whoops that one got past me. Bicker is correct- max is a 10 night extension.

Its been a number of years since Ive been to see the mouse, hence this DDP is very new to me. This thread is full of excellent info - thank you!

Hubs and I are planning a trip for next summer and are thinking of going on the DDP. We are going to be staying at a DVC resort via an exchange with our own non-disney timshare, we will obviously have to buy park tickets are we are not AP holders, can we join DDP for the length of our stay? How do you go about booking it, direct with the resort or via the website?

Thanks so much, Im already in manic planning mode popcorn::

Pixie

karenh1127@h said:
Q1 I won our trip to Disney, so am I eligible for the DDP? Meals are not included. If so, who do I call to book? Promotions dept?

Q2 Do I understand that I cannot purchase the plan for just us adults and not kids? Our twins will have just turned 10 11 days prior to going and $38 seems like alot for them to eat.

I will probably buy adult DDP credits for DD9. She would feel horrible watching her brothers and sisters eating all that great food and being stuck with nuggets and carrots. I know she would get the same stuff at the buffets, but I think we'll get our money's worth for the true table service places. DS15 and DS11 will finish what she doesn't off her plate.

We have group reservations that includes admission tickets and we are considering adding the Disney Dining Plan to our package. Does the Dining Plan require participation from all group members, or can we add the Dining Plan for only a few members of our group?

The Dining Plan (including the separate admission purchase requirement) must be purchased for all members of each reservation for which it is desired.

I haven't read through all of the posts yet (there are quite a few!) but I have a question for anyone who has done the DDP before...

Did you get stressed out each day figuring out how many credits you had left and how you would use them? I was doing a sample dining itinerary, using the menus on allears to try to figure out how much it would cost if we paid out of pocket vs. the DDP and I realized by the 3rd day I only had 2 CS credits left to use per person. We would be two people staying for 6 nights so that is 6 TS, 6 CS, and 6 Snacks per person making it 12 total of each for the trip, right?

This is highly confusing! At this point I am now leaning towards not doing the DDP because I am already stressed trying to figure out how to maximize the credits and get the most out of the plan :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter