Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
- Apr 29, 2004
We so enjoyed meeting old friends and new at this event. Wonderful fund raising total as well!
Craig can work some magic to get the show up. We wanted to be there but had to be on an airplane home. Would love to watch, or even just listen. Now lemme go donate some money since I didn’t win my auction item .Thank you to all who attended our celebration!!! It was a crazy, busy and fun week.
A couple of quick items:
1. We raised over $85,000 for GKTW. I still need to get the change counted and get Kathy Werling's forky money so our final number will go up!!!
2. We have heard from Handbid and they have offered an apology and an explanation of what happened during the end of our auction but we are going to pursue it further with them.
3. I understand there were several issues with the buses. I am very sorry about this. We have been in contact with the bus company and told them how unhappy we are with their service this time. They apologized and said they would investigate further. If you have an experience with the buses you want to share please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will make sure it gets forwarded to them.
4. We had some technical difficulties with recording the live show and we're not sure it will go up on YouTube. Craig is working on it and "fingers-crossed" he will get it resolved.
5. If you were not able to donate to GKTW this week we have worked out a way you can do so with GKTW so it goes to our overall fundraising totals. Just text Dreams20 to 44321 and you will receive a link that takes you to a donation page. From there you can donate any amount you're comfortable with. We're asking you to consider talking to 10 friends to get them to donate $10 each. It's a truly great cause and organization and you will feel good having helped send a child to Walt Disney World.
Thank you to everyone who donated, whether it was an item or money. We couldn't have done it without all of you.
You have been in New Jersey way too long!Thank you to everyone who made the weekend possible, both John and the DIS team and all of the folks who attended or otherwise supported it. Everything was great, both the official events and the unofficial events. We did a number of things for the first time and had a great time just hanging out with everyone at 3 Bridges, Nomad, AKL, and other places.
Safe travels to all who are heading home. We're here until Friday so we have a few more days on the surface of the sun. Today was truly awful. We lasted about 2-1/2 hours in Studios this morning but at least we got to ride Slinky Dog for the first time. We plan to do AK tomorrow but not until the evening. We might just sleep in and go in our pool during the day. There's just no way I'm doing a park again if it is anything like today again.
It gets plenty hot and humid in NJ. The difference is when it does, we don't do things that require us to be outdoors for hours at a time. When the temp is in the 90s or 100+, we pretty much go from our house to our car to work or a store. We don't go for 8 mile walks like we do at Disney.It’s kinda funny-ish. I was melting like Olaf the entire time I was down there. I am now huddled under a blanket cold back in Maryland. The dogs appear comfy...apparently I have just conditioned myself for a solar landing
Yup...same here. We have a high of 79 here tomorrow Not terribly usual for August. I could’t drink enough water down there. It was the Scorch Trials of OrlandoIt gets plenty hot and humid in NJ. The difference is when it does, we don't do things that require us to be outdoors for hours at a time. When the temp is in the 90s or 100+, we pretty much go from our house to our car to work or a store. We don't go for 8 mile walks like we do at Disney.