• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Weeks in Cali Itinerary Help Needed

San Francisco: Ditto the Walt Disney Museum. Many familiar artifacts there. Land's End - you can see forever from there. Also, in Marin County, Mt. Tamalpais has great views.

Highly, highly recommend taking Highway 1 south of Monterrey to Santa Barbara. Perhaps the most spectacular drive in North America. Take your time and take advantage of the pullouts to stop and soak it up.

After Monterey Aquarium the Long Beach Aquarium was really a disappointment.

One thing I would suggest is that rather eat at restaurants. Get local ' take out " or go to local grocery stores. Pour your " beverage" in a water bottle and sip from plastic 'laundry cups" to keep glass off the beach.

Plastic utensils/ napkins are also not offered in the 805 unless you ask for them. Paper towels and disinfectant wipes work wonders.

Enjoy your meals to a Public Access beach or seating area and enjoy the sunrises or sunsets.

Depending on sunset and when you are hitting DL the next day, on your Laguna/Newport day you can rent a firepit from the Beachcomber on Crystal Cove Beach (https://thebeachcombercafe.com/crystalcove/beach-rentals/) - they set it up and you can add s’more or stuff to grill (or bring your own). Was a highlight of my trip last September.

EDIT: hit send too fast. I also must disagree about Monterey Bay aquarium. I also live in the GTA and going to the Toronto Aquarium is torture for me. Torture. Crowded, indoors, not that exciting. Monterey is a whole different level altogether. Being on the water, seeing the seals and otters (the otters!) I can not wait to go back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter