2 Split Stay questions

OMG I did not know this about the fast passes and split stay. Thank you everyone.
If you think about it, there is really nothing negative about it. Unless you count having to get up early twice negative
Previously you had a slight advantage.
You are at no disadvantage now at all. You are not losing due to booking a split stay. You just have 2 60 day windows (or 3, or however many check-in days you have) instead of 1

The move day is really easy, at least based on how we usually plan it. We make that day a park day, so we plan to be away from the room for a while. We usually sleep in a bit on that day and then leave by 11am (check out time). We then plan to stay at the park until sometime in the evening and then just head back to the new resort and pick up our luggage from Bell Services. You could have your luggage delivered to your room, but we usually just pick it up ourselves.

Have a great trip!!
This is exactly how we do it. We don't head out till about check out time, so bonus, sleep in day! Then, we are off in the parks the entire time we are "homeless" and "luggageless" so who cares about either. By the time the luggage transfer is done and by the time we have a room (may have one earlier but for sure have one by the time bags are transferred) we are ready to head to new resort. We just always make sure any day we want to rope drop is NOT a moving day and if we can, we make sure to plan any really late nights for the day before moving day (since it's going to be a sleep in day)

We never unpack more than toiletry case on the counter so packing is nothing.

We just did 3 nights at boardwalk and then moved to old key west for 11 nights. Have two nights left here. I probably would not do two nights unless I got in early the first day.

We always pick up our luggage so we have it once we get to resort. I don’t like waiting for it. We only do the parks one day out of the 14 days here.

First day we took ME to boardwalk, dropped our bags and then to Uber to Disney Springs to get our TIW card. Had lunch and by the time we returned the room was ready. I’m an unpacker so I unpack, hang things up and then relaxed and got ready for dinner at Flying Fish. Two more nights at boardwalk and then dropped our bags off with bellmen to be moved to OKW. Bus to Disney springs for a movie and lunch and then boat to OKW. Room was ready. Unpacked and went to pool. Easy as pie and very relaxing. We finally got to three parks in one day a week later. Split stays like this fit our style.

I was concerned about ticket expirations dates when I considered a split stay.

We like a lot of resort/down days. So we were going to WDW and only planning 2-3 days in the parks.

Tickets that are part of a package either expire based on # of days of ticket, or midnight of check out date (whichever is longer). So if a shorter ticket may expire before you would want to use it in the second part of a split stay. Depending on how long we decide to stay, we might have to spring for the flexible date ticket. :P~

No, you will have 2 booking windows. One is based on your first check-in and one is based on your second check-in (the day you switch resorts). Booking window is now based on resort stay length and not ticket length. As of about 2 weeks ago (maybe more/ less?)

As an example, I have a 3/3 split stay. I had 2 FP windows. One on March 9 to book 60 days out from my 1st resort check-in on May 8. At 60 days out I was able to book FP for May 8, 9, 10, 11 (3 nights plus checkout day). On May 11 we move to another resort. My window for May 11, 12, 13, 14 ( the second 3 nights plus checkout day) opened on March 12, 60 days ahead of that second check-in (the day we switch). Keep in mind, I was able to book May 11 (check out of one resort, check into another) with that first window because it is still considered the checkout day.

Just had a thought. I thought the fast passes needed to be reserved based on your ticket. Meaning, I purchased a 9 day park hopper ticket with my first stay. So how does the system recognize this in regards to booking the fastpasses for the second stay? Won't it think I have no tickets then, if they are separate reservations?

Just had a thought. I thought the fast passes needed to be reserved based on your ticket. Meaning, I purchased a 9 day park hopper ticket with my first stay. So how does the system recognize this in regards to booking the fastpasses for the second stay? Won't it think I have no tickets then, if they are separate reservations?

It's based on tickets and resort to open up at the 60 day mark. You will have both tickets and a resort stay linked to your MDE account so you'll be all set for your 2nd stay.

It's based on tickets and resort to open up at the 60 day mark. You will have both tickets and a resort stay linked to your MDE account so you'll be all set for your 2nd stay.

@dansdad sums it up correctly- Your park tickets and resort stay are linked in your MDE account. MDE will recognize that you have the park tickets just like it always has with any split stay. MDE knows those two things- that you have 9 days of park tickets, and that you have 2 check-in days.
The only thing that has changed in this case is that MDE no longer recognizes the first check-in date as the only check-in date. It now "sees" that you have two check-in dates and opens up the FP booking window accordingly.

Do you have a package with tickets for the first stay and then a room only stay? Or 2 room only stays, with separate tickets?

1st stay 3 night pkg with a 9 day park hopper ticket. Second stay room only, 7 nights.
Ok,
Look at it like this
Right now, your ticket and your first resort stay are bundled together, you can't access your ticket yet. If you try to go into MDE, it probably doesn't even see that you have that ticket.
But, when the window opens for 1st stay package it "releases" the ticket from the package bundle. It is now separated from the resort stay.
It is basically the same as a separately purchased ticket at this point.
So on the day your first window opens it will let you book the FP for that stay
Then, when the 2nd stay opens, it will let you book the rest of the FP, using that same ticket.
Does that help?

Ok,
Look at it like this
Right now, your ticket and your first resort stay are bundled together, you can't access your ticket yet. If you try to go into MDE, it probably doesn't even see that you have that ticket.
But, when the window opens for 1st stay package it "releases" the ticket from the package bundle. It is now separated from the resort stay.
It is basically the same as a separately purchased ticket at this point.
So on the day your first window opens it will let you book the FP for that stay
Then, when the 2nd stay opens, it will let you book the rest of the FP, using that same ticket.
Does that help?

Yes, if that's the way it goes then I guess makes sense. Just was surprised to hear that was the case at this time. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter