2 seperate questions. going Columbus Day week

RainK

Mouseketeer
I know its always hard to predict the weather patterns, but what should I expect for weather in terms of degrees for the week of Columbus Day? Will I need to pack a sweatshirt or pants? I am hoping I only need tank tops and shorts.
Secondly... I am arriving on Sat 11th in the late afternoon and I am concerned with the crowds. I am at All star Movies. Has anyone gone last year during Columbus Day? and if so, how is the wait for the buses? I am thinking I might rent a car for just Sunday & Monday to avoid the wait in the lines to just get to the parks.

I know its always hard to predict the weather patterns, but what should I expect for weather in terms of degrees for the week of Columbus Day? Will I need to pack a sweatshirt or pants? I am hoping I only need tank tops and shorts.
Secondly... I am arriving on Sat 11th in the late afternoon and I am concerned with the crowds. I am at All star Movies. Has anyone gone last year during Columbus Day? and if so, how is the wait for the buses? I am thinking I might rent a car for just Sunday & Monday to avoid the wait in the lines to just get to the parks.

Part 1 - We've gone several times in October and have been fine (for the most part) in shorts and tees during the day but my son who was little at the time would need a sweatshirt sometimes at night.

Part 2 - If you are going to Magic Kingdom any of these days (which I wouldn't recommend if you have a choice) I would suggest taking the bus there. You really won't save much time by driving - you'd need to park the car at TTC, take the parking lot shuttle thingy (or walk), then take either the monorail or boat. The bus drops you right alongside the park entrance - much quicker. If you're going to the other parks, it may be easier to drive, but with the long holiday weekend, it may not because you'll potentially have a lot of locals or semi-locals (close enough for a quick weekend trip) that will be driving.

Have a great trip - it's my favorite time of year at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter