• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 park days - Which parks to visit?

Djsbride

Mouseketeer
My family of 4 ( myself, husband, and sons ages 11 and 9) will be visiting WDW for the second time for a week in February 2022. We visited for the first time back in 2018 and also spent a week. We went to parks 5 days out of the 7 and it was kinda hectic. This time around we're staying at the Saratoga Springs and want to relax more, enjoy the pools, DS and maybe check out the other hotels. We are going to parks only 2 days. We are HUGE SW fans and can't wait to visit Galaxy's Edge but my kids are kids and they want to ride stuff. Yes walking around Galaxy's Edge will be fun but I can't expect that they'll be as fascinated as my husband and I. When we went in 2018 we were able to do HS in one day, rode what we wanted and our kids even had time to do the Jedi experience, which we won't do this time around. I don't know how big GE is and if we will be able to do everything in one day. I'd like to spend my other park day at AK because we loved pandora and want to ride FOP again. So my question is: Would you spend your 2 park days at HS or do you think my plan of one day at HS and another day at AK is the best approach? We're going to disney using my FIL's timeshare and we're barely spending anything to stay one week at the hotel, I don't want to spend a ton of $$ with park entrances that's why we decided to only do 2 park days and just explore the rest of the vacation.

If Star Wars and Pandora are of interest to you, your plan sounds really good. As long as not getting to EP and MK doesn't bother the rest of your family, it's a great plan! Based on your description, and the fact this is not your first time visiting, I like your plans! Enjoy and have a great trip! Saratoga is a nice resort to enjoy a day or two!

My family of 4 ( myself, husband, and sons ages 11 and 9) will be visiting WDW for the second time for a week in February 2022. We visited for the first time back in 2018 and also spent a week. We went to parks 5 days out of the 7 and it was kinda hectic. This time around we're staying at the Saratoga Springs and want to relax more, enjoy the pools, DS and maybe check out the other hotels. We are going to parks only 2 days. We are HUGE SW fans and can't wait to visit Galaxy's Edge but my kids are kids and they want to ride stuff. Yes walking around Galaxy's Edge will be fun but I can't expect that they'll be as fascinated as my husband and I. When we went in 2018 we were able to do HS in one day, rode what we wanted and our kids even had time to do the Jedi experience, which we won't do this time around. I don't know how big GE is and if we will be able to do everything in one day. I'd like to spend my other park day at AK because we loved pandora and want to ride FOP again. So my question is: Would you spend your 2 park days at HS or do you think my plan of one day at HS and another day at AK is the best approach? We're going to disney using my FIL's timeshare and we're barely spending anything to stay one week at the hotel, I don't want to spend a ton of $$ with park entrances that's why we decided to only do 2 park days and just explore the rest of the vacation.
If it is in your budget I'd consider upgrading to park hopper tickets so you can experience everything on your must do list without feeling like you are missing out. It's about $220 more.

If it is in your budget I'd consider upgrading to park hopper tickets so you can experience everything on your must do list without feeling like you are missing out. It's about $220 more.
Why do you think that park hopper will be better than spending one day per park? What would the advantage be? :)

I think one park day at HS and one at DAK should be good. You might not be able to do everything in each park, but you should be able to do enough to be satisfied. If you are concerned about not getting all the stars wars stuff done in one day, I’d book two HS days and then after your first day decide if you want/need another HS day and then your reservation if you don’t need it.

If Star Wars and Pandora are of interest to you, your plan sounds really good. As long as not getting to EP and MK doesn't bother the rest of your family, it's a great plan! Based on your description, and the fact this is not your first time visiting, I like your plans! Enjoy and have a great trip! Saratoga is a nice resort to enjoy a day or two!
Yeah, I think the plan sounds about right. My family is diehard Star Wars fans and we're going to be at HS for one day on our upcoming trip. Lightsaber builds in the morning, Oga's after lunch, Ronto's for lunch and Docking Bay for dinner. I don't see any need to spend a second day at the park if time is limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter