Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I will add. We have been going to Disney 1-3 times a year since 1993. Guardians Of the Galaxy is the best thing since Everest in 2006.

My Daughter and I went in with low expectations. But My oldest and I have Star Wars, my 15 year old and I have Marvel, and we came off that first ride blown away. Loved it so much I spent the money for ILL 3 days in a row.

As you can see, we skip a lot of things be cause we go som much, but G+ makes it so easy. Will be back with the entire family in December.

Hello all. We are coming in one week and I am trying to practice using the genie app and tip board. I've heard it is good idea to customize top picks so they are pinned to the top of the tip board for faster refresh. I went through the process for one of our days at AK and selected FOP and EE as top picks. When I go back to the tip board there is no change and I have to scroll way down to see either. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Is it because this can only be done the day of your visit?

Thanks

They have apparently changed the app so that you can only pin if you have park ticket and reservation for the day.

However, here is an alternative that I learned from DisBoard contributor Disturbia:

On the Tip Board, tap on the name of the attraction.
On next screen, scroll down just a bit, and tap on the big blue LL.
This should refresh the Tip Board and take you right back to the same attraction.

We are in WDW now. We purchased G+ for everyday back when you could.
I cannot edit my selections before 7am. Front desk no help. Each day the app still says purchase G+. Everything is paid for and linked. At 7am it lets me book so I obviously have it. Works perfectly all day except right at 7 when I need to be my fastest!
Once I am looking for a specific ride and refresh it does go back to that one but the first time I have to scroll all the way down to find it. It also makes me confirm my party! Those seconds count and I am frustrated.
Also, I know this has been said, but we don’t use the wifi bc it kicks you off randomly throughout the day.

In FP+ days we used to do split reservations. One parent and the older kids would get a FP for Space Mountain, the other parent and younger kid would get a FP for a meet and greet. Everyone goes to Space Mountain to get the parent swap pass. One group rides Space, the other does the meet and greet. Then we do the parent swap pass.

Is this possible anymore with Genie+. I'm thinking not since you can't pick return times.

I'm not sure how you managed to do this. If only one parent got the FP, how did the other parent get into the line to get the Parent swap pass? You would not be able to do this now, even if the return times were the same, as the 2nd parent could not enter the LL without a reservation.

I'm not sure how you managed to do this. If only one parent got the FP, how did the other parent get into the line to get the Parent swap pass? You would not be able to do this now, even if the return times were the same, as the 2nd parent could not enter the LL without a reservation.
Everyone shows up at Space Mountain to get the parent swap pass at the ride entrance. You didn't need to get in line to get the parent swap, you just all had to be there at the entrance. Group 1 rides Space. Group 2 does meet and greet. Then parent 2 rides Space and one kid gets to ride a second time with the parent swap pass, no FP/LL needed.

If the first party uses the LL, then all riders need a genie + reservation to enter the line and get the RS. It is done electronically so the CM will replace the 2nd adults Genie + reservation with a RS and add a RS to the plus 1 rider.

The above would work if you all have LL for Space and use standby for the meet & greet.

When I was at expedition Everest I was waiting for my wife and son to get off the ride waiting behind the child swap umbrella and 2 different sets of parents came by the umbrella and the cast member scanned both there magic bands. I'm just assuming he was making sure they both had LL for the ride. Just an observation as I didn't actually use the child swap.

In FP+ days we used to do split reservations. One parent and the older kids would get a FP for Space Mountain, the other parent and younger kid would get a FP for a meet and greet. Everyone goes to Space Mountain to get the parent swap pass. One group rides Space, the other does the meet and greet. Then we do the parent swap pass.

Is this possible anymore with Genie+. I'm thinking not since you can't pick return times.
The Disney for Families forum is a great place to confirm how RS works now.

We are in WDW now. We purchased G+ for everyday back when you could.
I cannot edit my selections before 7am. Front desk no help. Each day the app still says purchase G+. Everything is paid for and linked. At 7am it lets me book so I obviously have it. Works perfectly all day except right at 7 when I need to be my fastest!
Once I am looking for a specific ride and refresh it does go back to that one but the first time I have to scroll all the way down to find it. It also makes me confirm my party! Those seconds count and I am frustrated.
Also, I know this has been said, but we don’t use the wifi bc it kicks you off randomly throughout the day.
Yes, the app was changed to not allow you to re order your favorites. I think it was done on purpose to level the playing field between the tech savvy and non savvy people.

I did not find it that big of a deal. you just work with it.

You can split groups...but you are right....you can only pick your time for ILL passes. All other G+ passes you take what they give you.

You have to learn that some times it is best to not just grab the 1st thing out there. Wait an hour or 2 or 3 and let the big items fall to later in the afternoon or evening, then start adding new passes every 2 hours (if stacking for the evening). thats what we did and it worked great.....we hung out by the pool or napped, but every two hours booked a new G+. Our nights had 5 and 6 G+ back to back to back. no lines for us at night.

Hi All. I posted my question as a separate thread but didn't get a specific answer so trying here. If I have an ADR at 11:25am, what is the latest that that would be ok to book Millennium Falcon Lightning Lane without being late for our reservation? (The ride is a 5 min walk from the restaurant)
i.e. Is anything 10:30am or earlier ok? 10:45am or earlier?

I was able to pin rides for the days I have tickets/reservations. Go to My Disney Genie Day, choose the day you will be at the parks (change day, upper right) and then you can add rides/attractions to your Top Picks.

I was able to pin rides for the days I have tickets/reservations. Go to My Disney Genie Day, choose the day you will be at the parks (change day, upper right) and then you can add rides/attractions to your Top Picks.
Does that mean that you will only be able to see the pinned rides on the tip board on the selected day? For example, I am arriving Aug 15 at AK, so I've selected my top picks for that day today (Aug 9th). But on the tip screen, my top picks will not be pinned until the morning of Aug 15?

Does that mean that you will only be able to see the pinned rides on the tip board on the selected day? For example, I am arriving Aug 15 at AK, so I've selected my top picks for that day today (Aug 9th). But on the tip screen, my top picks will not be pinned until the morning of Aug 15?
I see the rides now that I selected in my top picks when I go to the day I plan to be there (so Aug 15 for you). But they don't show for today (Aug 16 is my day 1).

I see the rides now that I selected in my top picks when I go to the day I plan to be there (so Aug 15 for you). But they don't show for today (Aug 16 is my day 1).
Thanks. But there is no way to preview the Tip Board for Aug 15th? Essentially what I would like to know is what will my Tip Board look like on Aug 15. I don't think we are able to preview that since the Tip Board is always the current day.

Thanks. But there is no way to preview the Tip Board for Aug 15th? Essentially what I would like to know is what will my Tip Board look like on Aug 15. I don't think we are able to preview that since the Tip Board is always the current day.
Correct, you can't see the tip board for your day until after midnight.

I probably should wait another week or two to even ask this as I know they change the app functionality so much but . . . heading down for first post-Genie trip and want to see what people have found is the best way to refresh currently. I know pulling down works but requires then scrolling down to what you were looking for. Any better methods?

And how has it been working? I know with FP you could usually find some decent times for most rides with a few minutes of patient refreshing. Do you find that refreshing works similarly now or do earlier times pop up less frequently?

I probably should wait another week or two to even ask this as I know they change the app functionality so much but . . . heading down for first post-Genie trip and want to see what people have found is the best way to refresh currently. I know pulling down works but requires then scrolling down to what you were looking for. Any better methods?

And how has it been working? I know with FP you could usually find some decent times for most rides with a few minutes of patient refreshing. Do you find that refreshing works similarly now or do earlier times pop up less frequently?

This should refresh the Tip Board and take you right back to the same attraction.

I'm guessing this doesn't work unless you're actually there... not working now, it just refreshes the tip board and stays at the top. Wish I could practice ahead of time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter