2 Bus Questions

SteveInOmaha

Mouseketeer
1) What time in the morning do buses start running from resorts to parks? The website says 45 minutes prior to scheduled opening, but I wanted to hear what the actual practice is these days.

2) If I'm standing at the bus stop at my resort, is there somewhere on the app that tells you when the next bus arrives?

Thanks!

The first buses will generally arrive at the resorts at approx 6:30 to accommodate folks with early dining reservations. For a 7am EMH, the first bus should arrive around 6am.

Early buses are not as frequent as they will be a couple of hours later.

There are monitors at all resort bus stops that display the timing of the next bus to each park. That same information is available to you on MDE once you have checked in. BUT it's only available for your resort. You can't see times for anywhere else.

Steve

The first buses will generally arrive at the resorts at approx 6:30 to accommodate folks with early dining reservations. For a 7am EMH, the first bus should arrive around 6am.

Early buses are not as frequent as they will be a couple of hours later.

There are monitors at all resort bus stops that display the timing of the next bus to each park. That same information is available to you on MDE once you have checked in. BUT it's only available for your resort. You can't see times for anywhere else.

Steve
Thanks for the quick reply. Just so I'm understanding you, even if a park opens at 9am the first bus will arrive around 6:30?

People eat early morning breakfast. That's why the buses start early. Of course, sometimes that breakfast is in a park or a resort very near a park. That's why the buses start as early as they do.

For a normal 9am opening, drivers are at their hubs at 5:30am. The first dispatch is around 6:15am.

Also, the bus times on the monitors at the bus stops are not always accurate. I’ve watched them say my bus is coming at 7:48 then it changes to 7:55, 8:03, 8:11, etc. Not sure about the times in MDE.

Also, the bus times on the monitors at the bus stops are not always accurate. I’ve watched them say my bus is coming at 7:48 then it changes to 7:55, 8:03, 8:11, etc. Not sure about the times in MDE.
They match. Same data base feeds the info
They change because they are real time monitors and buses stop and start a lot.

They match. Same data base feeds the info
They change because they are real time monitors and buses stop and start a lot.
Yes but the original time is not always the time the bus arrives. That is my point.

So next Thursday, Rise of the Resistance opens and Hollywood Studios is scheduled to open at 8am. Obviously nobody knows, but would the first bus to the Studios still be at 6:30am?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter