2 BFF's, 88 Rapunzels, 30yrs., and 40 yrs.=10 days of fun! 2 Updates April 15!

Hello!

I don't know if anyone is still reading but I just wanted to explain the newest reason for such a long pause between updates.

So I don't know if most of you know, but for the past 3 years my aunt and cousin have been living with me in my home. My cousin Kyle (17) is like a brother/son to me and we have all always been very close. Anyway, my aunt has started seeing someone lately and her whole personality has changed. Long story short, tensions between mother and son have been building and things around the house haven't been great.:sad2:

Yesterday (March 25)I came home from work to find my cousin in tears because my aunt had informed him that she had just leased a one bedroom apartment for herself and this new guy and that Kyle would be moving in with his dad. Oh yeah, and it would be happening this weekend (March 31).

So things in the house are quite tense right now and half of the house is packed up and things are just crazy. Kyle is really upset and so I'm going to be spending a lot of extra time with him while he settles in to a new routine (he's the kind of kid who doesn't adapt well to change and he gets very anxious). I also have to rearrange my entire house!:scared1:

New furniture, pots and pans, towels, utensils, drapes and probably a million other things are all on my mind right now while we're dividing up what belongs to each of us. I've had almost everything I own in the basement and now will have to sort it out through the house. I also have to do some re-decorating since my aunt took it upon herself to take a lot of my stuff down and get rid of it!:eek: Obviously Disney will be a major player in my new look!

So that's what is going on with me right now! I hope everyone's spring is off to a good start. :goodvibes I'm definitely looking at it as a new beginning and hopefully a time of renewal to rebuild those family bonds. If you lovely Dis folks have any ideas or decor advice I would love to hear it!

Take care!:flower3:

Anyway, my aunt has started seeing someone lately and her whole personality has changed. Long story short, tensions between mother and son have been building and things around the house haven't been great.:sad2:

Yesterday (March 25)I came home from work to find my cousin in tears because my aunt had informed him that she had just leased a one bedroom apartment for herself and this new guy and that Kyle would be moving in with his dad. Oh yeah, and it would be happening this weekend (March 31).

Obviously Disney will be a major player in my new look!

If you lovely Dis folks have any ideas or decor advice I would love to hear it!

It makes my heart ache when adults change for another person and put the kids' needs on the back burner. My ex was always selfish, which was why he left, but when he got the new girlfriend, he took selfishness to a new level. The kids and I were barely getting by, and he bought a brand new sports truck, new wardrobe, went to Vegas, etc. :sad2: It was not fun to watch. I wish the best for Kyle as he goes through the transition ahead. Maybe moving in with his dad, the way his mom is right now, might be the best thing.

Putting little Disney touches in your house will be fun. We don't have 'slap it in your face' Disney, except in the girls' playroom, where there is a Mickey Mouse TV. ::MickeyMo

I do have Disney all over the house though in more subtle ways:

- an AKL bathroom, with an AKL print picture over the towel rack
- a Wilderness Lodge kitchen, using a WL throw as a wall hanging
- a Polynesian bedroom, complete with tiki god statue ;)

Have fun with your decorating. It will bring you some happiness in a chaotic time.

It makes my heart ache when adults change for another person and put the kids' needs on the back burner. My ex was always selfish, which was why he left, but when he got the new girlfriend, he took selfishness to a new level. The kids and I were barely getting by, and he bought a brand new sports truck, new wardrobe, went to Vegas, etc. :sad2: It was not fun to watch. I wish the best for Kyle as he goes through the transition ahead. Maybe moving in with his dad, the way his mom is right now, might be the best thing.

Putting little Disney touches in your house will be fun. We don't have 'slap it in your face' Disney, except in the girls' playroom, where there is a Mickey Mouse TV. ::MickeyMo

I do have Disney all over the house though in more subtle ways:

- an AKL bathroom, with an AKL print picture over the towel rack
- a Wilderness Lodge kitchen, using a WL throw as a wall hanging
- a Polynesian bedroom, complete with tiki god statue ;)

Have fun with your decorating. It will bring you some happiness in a chaotic time.

Thanks MeMom:hug: I'm sorry you and your kids had to go through that. I love my aunt very much, but it will take me a long time to forgive her for treating her kids with so much disrespect.

I knew you would have some awesome decorating ideas! So far all I have planned is to move some of my Disney art upstairs (it's all currently in the basement) and spread it out. My mum brought me an old framed photo of me and my daddy from when I was really young and I've already put that up. I'm just gonna play around with it and see what happens! This house definitely needs some colour too!

Stace - I must have read this one day before work and then never posted. Feel so bad for Kyle. Sometimes adult parents just dont think before they act. Hope the situation is improving!:flower3:

Stace - I must have read this one day before work and then never posted. Feel so bad for Kyle. Sometimes adult parents just dont think before they act. Hope the situation is improving!:flower3:

Things are ok at this point. Not good, but ok. Everyone is speaking to each other now at least! :laughing:

Big hugs, Stace!!! :hug:

Thanks Jackie :hug: Oh! Did I tell you that Lauren and I had to cancel our trip to Charleston in June? :sad1: I'm afraid neither of us can afford to go right now but I'm sure we'll get there eventually!

So I am now sitting in my living room, in my house, alone.

I'm taking a break from moving things around and tweaking furniture placement and all that. Some things are still leaning against the walls and there are still piles of stuff on the counter and my dining room table but it's gonna be good when it's done! :goodvibes

My aunt and Kyle moved out this morning and things went pretty smoothly. Things have come together pretty well and despite all of the drama, I think this is a good move for everyone. I just wish it had happened differently and that the decision had been made with good consideration and love.

Anyhow, I took some photos so I will try to get them up on posted so you can all see my bachelorette pad!:thumbsup2

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Hey everyone! Update time has finally come!

I don't know if anyone is still interested, but I am determined to finish this TR eventually! Anyhow, before I get to a WDW trip update I thought I would do another quick OT life update. Things have been busy but going very well in my bachelorette pad! I got a nice raise at work and my family have been spending some nice time together and are working through our tensions. Also my DCousin Meghan is going away to Sioux Lookout, ON for the summer to work (her mother has family there). So, to wish her good luck and have some fun, I decided to have a little going away party for her. Nothing big, just some of our nearby family and a couple of friends. It was nice for us to all forget our drama and have some good ol' fun together. Here are some pictures.

2011_0102meghannicole0227.jpg

2011_0102meghannicole0283.jpg

Here is Meghan, her mum Dar, and my mum Judi (L-R)

2011_0102meghannicole0251.jpg

And Meghan and her brother Kyle

2012_0326wdwandfamily201120121380.jpg

Meghan and I of course got crying...she and I are like sisters and I am going to miss her like crazy over the next 5 months. This was us telling each other how much we love each other!:rotfl: We got so sappy!

2011_0102meghannicole0284.jpg

It was a fun evening!

2012_0326wdwandfamily201120121374.jpg

WDW update next!:thumbsup2

So when I last left off Lauren and I had just come back from a jungle cruise and were ready for some more Magic Kingdom attractions! First we went to Pirates of The Caribbean!

2011_1002meggggerrr0171.jpg

From there we headed into Frontierland. We quickly walked past Splash Mountain (I wasn’t taking any chances!) and headed for Big Thunder Mountain. The line was moving quickly, until they had to stop all of the mine trains as someone’s hat had fallen off and on to the tracks. I spent the time taking photos!:)

2011_1002meggggerrr0176.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0173.jpg

Soon enough we were taking off on the wildest ride in the wilderness!

2011_1002meggggerrr0174.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0177.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0175.jpg

We were getting ready to leave the park but decided we would walk to through to Fantasyland first.

2011_1002meggggerrr0180.jpg

2011_1002meggggerrr0181.jpg

There was no line, so we stopped to go on It’s A Small World!

2011_1002meggggerrr0185.jpg

And since we had yet to do it on this trip, we went to Mickey’s Philharmagic! We walked in just as another show had begun so we had some time to kill. I don’t remember what it was exactly but something had sent us into a crazy laughing fit and somehow I got this picture out of it!:lmao:

2011_1002meggggerrr0191.jpg

That was all the Magic Kingdom we had planned for that day and we were off on more adventures! Find out soon where we went and what we did! Thanks for reading!

Hi friend, I hope all is well with you!

Sorry that you have had some family drama to deal with lately. :hug:
I hope it will work out for everyone.

You just keep your spirits up and enjoy your bachelorette pad!
Sounds like you will be having fun getting it all set up and decorating with maybe some Disney touches here and there.

I never had my own place. I went from my parents home to my married home. That was a challenge sometimes picking out stuff we both liked.
All of our house ended up being furnished in black with colors added in here and there.
Now DMom and I kinda have a mix of our two tastes going on. It works for us and we are happy with it. :)

This summer (I hope) to re due my bathroom and do a beach theme. I have all the stuff just have to carve out a weekend to do it.

I can't believe your DCousin is going to Sioux Lookout! What a small world!
My DMom was born there and it's so small that no one has any clue where it is.
I just told her and she thought it was pretty neat.
She often tells me stories of the little war time house that they lived in. That was such a different time.
My grandparents moved from there to Ear Falls in 1953 where my gramma still is to this day.

Fun to see the party pics.

Philarmagic is my all time FAVORITE!!!

Take Care :flower1:

I know you will miss your cousin. I hope it will be a great experience for her. :thumbsup2

I told Jill a few days ago that we need to take the girls on the Liberty Belle this summer. There will be several things Jill can't ride this time, so we should have plenty of time to do that.

Big Thunder is one of my favorite rides, and it is my favorite coaster. It's exciting enough, yet tame enough - no matter how wild they claim it to be. ;)

Hi friend, I hope all is well with you!

Sorry that you have had some family drama to deal with lately. :hug:
I hope it will work out for everyone.

You just keep your spirits up and enjoy your bachelorette pad!
Sounds like you will be having fun getting it all set up and decorating with maybe some Disney touches here and there.

I never had my own place. I went from my parents home to my married home. That was a challenge sometimes picking out stuff we both liked.
All of our house ended up being furnished in black with colors added in here and there.
Now DMom and I kinda have a mix of our two tastes going on. It works for us and we are happy with it. :)

This summer (I hope) to re due my bathroom and do a beach theme. I have all the stuff just have to carve out a weekend to do it.

I can't believe your DCousin is going to Sioux Lookout! What a small world!
My DMom was born there and it's so small that no one has any clue where it is.
I just told her and she thought it was pretty neat.
She often tells me stories of the little war time house that they lived in. That was such a different time.
My grandparents moved from there to Ear Falls in 1953 where my gramma still is to this day.

Fun to see the party pics.

Philarmagic is my all time FAVORITE!!!

Take Care :flower1:

Thanks Lana. It will definitely be weird not having Meghan around. She and I are so close, we're more like sisters and it's gonna be tough not seeing her for 5 months.:sad1: I'm glad someone else knows where Sioux Lookout is! No one here knows it either!:rotfl: I have certainly enjoyed re-doing the house! There are lots of Disney touches! I put my Alice In Wonderland china up in the kitchen and tonight I'm putting up some pictures of France at WS in my bedroom! Once I get finished I will take pictures and show you!

I know you will miss your cousin. I hope it will be a great experience for her. :thumbsup2

I told Jill a few days ago that we need to take the girls on the Liberty Belle this summer. There will be several things Jill can't ride this time, so we should have plenty of time to do that.

Big Thunder is one of my favorite rides, and it is my favorite coaster. It's exciting enough, yet tame enough - no matter how wild they claim it to be. ;)

I'm afraid I still didnt take a ride on the Liberty Belle on the last trip even though I had put it on my to-do list. I headed over there one day but it started to rain so I changed my plans and went to HM instead! Maybe we could make a plan to all ride it together in October too!:goodvibes I'm sure Jill will still have a great time in the summer, even without some of the rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter