• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 ADRs for same meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonFaerie

DIS Veteran
Please read before you jump to tarring and feathering me! :lmao:

Ok, I know it's a no-no to make 2 ADRs for the same meal. How does that work when your party will be splitting up some? We're staying a 2 bedroom villa. There will 7 of us - 4 adults & 3 kids. We'll be eating some meals together, but we'll be splitting up some too. If we make 2 ADRs, one for 4 and one for 3 at different places, they won't cancel one on us will they? :scared1:

I am curious about this too. We are travelling with another family & I have been able to get some ADRs for our family (2 A/2C) but we'd like to all eat together, so is it okay for me to try to get ADR for their family also---for same restaurant/same time?

Moonfaerie - They shouldn't cancel the ADR but I would use 2 different phone numbers when making the ADR just to be safe.

Honeybunches - I would try modifying your existing ADRs to add on your friends. If there is no availablility, then I would make a 2nd ADR again, using a different phone number to avoid the possibility of a cancellation. If you have to make 2 different ADRs, I would check in early and ask if you can be seated near your friends and that you would be willing to wait.

We did this last year. We took my DD boyfriend with us and they wanted to do some different meals than the rest of the family. It was no problem making two separate ADR's for the same meal time. They didn't cancel any of them. I can't remember but, I may have but ours under my husbands name and the others under by daughters or her boyfriends name. Either way it was no problem. Even at CP they wanted to eat there but since Tigger is one of my DD's favorites they didn't want to eat with us or at the same time as us with the little ones so we had two reservations at the same location just different times. This wasn't a problem either. It was actually easier since both parties were smaller and we got to eat at the times we really wanted by dividing up the group.

I would use a different email too since if you sign in to disney website, you can pull up all of your dining now without having to put in your confirm # and phone number, it is listed by email (if that is what is linked to your disney sign on).

Honeybunches - I would try modifying your existing ADRs to add on your friends. If there is no availablility, then I would make a 2nd ADR again, using a different phone number to avoid the possibility of a cancellation. If you have to make 2 different ADRs, I would check in early and ask if you can be seated near your friends and that you would be willing to wait.

thank you! I did call & try to modify the ADR but there was no availability. I will keep trying. thanks!

Although what you are doing is totally okay, as others have said, I would be careful. Disney has been know to cancel in the past without taking this into account. I would make the reservations in different names with different phone numbers.

BTW, can I tar and feather you anyways? Sounds like fun.:rotfl2:

I don't see how they can cancel your ressies, alot of people are now doing Deluxe DP so people could easily have two ressies at the same place, and as long as they are under different names...

Thanks everyone! We'll be sure and put different names and phone numbers on the meals we eat apart.

BTW, can I tar and feather you anyways? Sounds like fun.:rotfl2:

:rotfl2:Since that's just like any visit to the in-laws, I'm used to it, so go right ahead! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

I don't see how they can cancel your ressies, alot of people are now doing Deluxe DP so people could easily have two ressies at the same place, and as long as they are under different names...

A problem could arise if one person has two ressies at the same time in different restaurants if your travel group splits up to eat. I heard Disney was cracking down on double booking and while this situation is perfectly fine, a computer is not going to know the details of the travellers and their dining plan. It will match up the same phone number or reservation number at two different places within particular time frame and may cancel them. That's why every one suggested using different phone numbers, names or email addresses.

We are traveling down in November, Thanksgiving week, with a group of 14.

I am in charge of making all of the dining reservations because we have a few first timers in the group.

Some meals we want to eat together, others we do not but are eating at the same time.

The problem arises when you want to use your 10+ day booking window at the 180 mark. The ONLY way to access the extra days is to link the meal reservations with your vacation reservations. The new system allows you to enter different phone numbers for contact info, but still links them all together based on your trip reservation number. I have been trying since yesterday to get all our meals booked and when you pull up the complete listing it looks like we have multiple meals booked for each sitting!

I called and spoke with a CM and explained the situation and was told "not to worry" but I am still a bit anxious about my reservations being cancelled!

I really wouldn't worry about it bellazachmom.
I was with a large group once and we were planning to split up for a couple of meals. I had stopped by Guest Services when we first arrived to change some reservations around. That night I had a message in our hotel room from Guest Services that she had noticed some conflicting ADR bookings and wanted to confirm them with me. I called down and explained - they said no problem.

The only other time I've personally heard of a problem is when my sister had somehow accidentally booked 2 ADRs at the same restaurant for the same time that evening. They called her on her cell phone at the park to see if she really needed both of them or if they could cancel one.

So both times it seemed to be Disney policy to check with the customer before canceling. Maybe somebody else has a more horrific personal story but I just don't see it happening all that often because there are valid reasons for holding two conflicting ADRs.

I have had times where I've called to see if a restaurant has opened up and after making that new reservation they'll ask "and now do you want me to cancel the one you have at ________?"

Just make the reservations in different names and enter a different contact phone number. If you have a room reservation number linked it makes no difference. Disney's aware that persons registered in the same room may not always eat together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter