2.5 month old at Disney

swans.vn

Earning My Ears
Hey! I've done a search but can't seem to find an answer that actually answers what I'm looking for..

We're traveling next month with a 2.5 month old. We're flying but did not buy her a seat. We were planning on using her infant carrier seat (Chicco KeyFit) to click into the stroller. We're using Sunshine Flyer as our transfer and then staying at Poly. We won't have access to a car. My question is, on the bus if we have her in her KeyFit and fold up the stroller, can we carry the car seat on the bus? I know there's no place to secure her to the seat but for comfort and ease of travel, can we carry the car seat? We'd only need it for our trips to DAK, HS, and Disney Springs.

Hey! I've done a search but can't seem to find an answer that actually answers what I'm looking for..

We're traveling next month with a 2.5 month old. We're flying but did not buy her a seat. We were planning on using her infant carrier seat (Chicco KeyFit) to click into the stroller. We're using Sunshine Flyer as our transfer and then staying at Poly. We won't have access to a car. My question is, on the bus if we have her in her KeyFit and fold up the stroller, can we carry the car seat on the bus? I know there's no place to secure her to the seat but for comfort and ease of travel, can we carry the car seat? We'd only need it for our trips to DAK, HS, and Disney Springs.
can bring on bus but I would plan on having on a lap not on a seat

A long time since mine were that little but... the bus seats are a hard plastic and many face out to the aisle - seems like the car seat could slide off of those kind of easily? Car seats are a bit bulky and I'm not sure you could hold it in your lap. One of the seats in back with seats in front of it might be the best.

I guess you'd want to plan for not getting a seat and if someone kindly gives up their seat so you can sit with the baby it is most likely to be one of the aisle facing ones.

I can't recall seeing anyone board the bus with a car seat but I can see why you'd want to do it. Have a great trip!

Yes, you can carry the seat onto the bus but I wouldn't put it on an actual bus seat/spot - easy to slip off and takes up a lot of space. I'd hold it on my lap with your little one safely inside!

If you're not planning on riding in a car, and not using the seat on the plane, then I would just skip the car seat and bring a stroller. But, my kids have never stayed asleep once we stop moving, even if they're still in their car seats.
We took our oldest at 3 months, and it was a lot easier to have a regular stroller. We did bring the car seat with us, but left it in the room. For lines, I typically had him in our Lillebaby carrier, and if he fell asleep, he would just stay asleep in there.

If your kid doesn't want to be in the stroller/car seat, then it's a lot easier to manage just the stroller and baby on a bus than it is to manage, the stroller, the car seat, and the baby.

If you're not planning on riding in a car, and not using the seat on the plane, then I would just skip the car seat and bring a stroller. But, my kids have never stayed asleep once we stop moving, even if they're still in their car seats.
We took our oldest at 3 months, and it was a lot easier to have a regular stroller. We did bring the car seat with us, but left it in the room. For lines, I typically had him in our Lillebaby carrier, and if he fell asleep, he would just stay asleep in there.

If your kid doesn't want to be in the stroller/car seat, then it's a lot easier to manage just the stroller and baby on a bus than it is to manage, the stroller, the car seat, and the baby.
What stroller did you use? I couldn't find any affordable ones that could accommodate babies that young without the car seat adapter. We did the bring the seat on the bus option, and after that I swore I'd never bring a kid under 6 months again. But I also had an almost 3 year old with me, so I had both kids while my husband carried a stroller in each hand. The most difficult part I remember about the bus with the infant seat was just trying to get between people/seats with it. But the narrow aisles might have been the bus to the run disney expo and not Disney transport. Our infant seat was easy to do a base-less install, so I'd might just opt for Minnie van when going somewhere the monorail/boat doesn't go, if baby is the only child in need of a car seat, or find a stroller that accommodates newborns without the carseat.

What stroller did you use? I couldn't find any affordable ones that could accommodate babies that young without the car seat adapter. We did the bring the seat on the bus option, and after that I swore I'd never bring a kid under 6 months again. But I also had an almost 3 year old with me, so I had both kids while my husband carried a stroller in each hand. The most difficult part I remember about the bus with the infant seat was just trying to get between people/seats with it. But the narrow aisles might have been the bus to the run disney expo and not Disney transport. Our infant seat was easy to do a base-less install, so I'd might just opt for Minnie van when going somewhere the monorail/boat doesn't go, if baby is the only child in need of a car seat, or find a stroller that accommodates newborns without the carseat.

I have an old Bob Motion that reclines all the way. It wasn't affordable when I bought it, but it's still running 6 years later so year over year it has only cost me about 50 dollars or so?

We had a Baby Jogger City Mini, when we took a child that age.
There are more options now than there were then. You could look at...
Mompush Wiz 2-in-1
BabyJoy BabyStroller 2-in-1
SummerInfant 3D Flip Convenience Stroller
You could also check thrift stores for pretty much any traditional graco travel system. If I remember correctly, those typically have full reclines. It might be heavier that other options, but at least it's only one thing to lug around.

Thanks, all. It's my niece so my SIL was wondering what would be easiest... Baby won't really be able to sit up in the stroller (?? maybe, I don't know it's been so long since we did Disney with an infant) so we were thinking of taking the car seat for comfort for her. We took my daughter when she was 2 months old and used her car seat in her stroller but we stayed off property so we didn't have to use the bus. I know they've used a baby carrier for my niece a few times so I assume they will use that off and on. I thinnnnk they have the Cortina Together double stroller because they also have a 2.5 year old.
We're assuming that the car seat would sit on the floor or on a lap.
We were just down there in December and I really don't recall seeing babies in car seats on the bus.. The things we don't pay any attention to. ;-)

We were just down there in December and I really don't recall seeing babies in car seats on the bus.. The things we don't pay any attention to. ;-)

I don't think there are a ton of people who fly in with kids young enough they use the car seat insert in the stroller. Not meant as a dig, I think most people with kids that young tend to be locals and drive in.

If the stroller they have does allow for a full recline, you don't need the car seat. I would just babywear on the bus and use the full recline option. My car seat was pretty bulky, and even if I was seated on a bus, I don't think it would fit on my lap. If the car seat allows for installation in a car without a base, I'd honestly be inclined to uber to the other places. That's what we ended up doing to get to AK and DHS. I can't remember which park it was, but when we went to get the bus from the poly, there was a Mears Taxi-van with a carseat just sitting there waiting for someone to take it.

I don't think there are a ton of people who fly in with kids young enough they use the car seat insert in the stroller. Not meant as a dig, I think most people with kids that young tend to be locals and drive in.

If the stroller they have does allow for a full recline, you don't need the car seat. I would just babywear on the bus and use the full recline option. My car seat was pretty bulky, and even if I was seated on a bus, I don't think it would fit on my lap. If the car seat allows for installation in a car without a base, I'd honestly be inclined to uber to the other places. That's what we ended up doing to get to AK and DHS. I can't remember which park it was, but when we went to get the bus from the poly, there was a Mears Taxi-van with a carseat just sitting there waiting for someone to take it.
Oh yeah, I totally agree. We're all for traveling with itty bitty babies apparently. We may just bring it all along and then leave the seat in the room or whatever. Baby gear in general is bulky.. But in case we'll take it and maybe use it day 1 and if it's not an issue we may continue to use it or scrap it for the rest of the time.
Anyone who's down there next month - I apologize in advance. ;-)

Oh yeah, I totally agree. We're all for traveling with itty bitty babies apparently. We may just bring it all along and then leave the seat in the room or whatever. Baby gear in general is bulky.. But in case we'll take it and maybe use it day 1 and if it's not an issue we may continue to use it or scrap it for the rest of the time.
Anyone who's down there next month - I apologize in advance. ;-)
one other thing to think about with carseat and Disney weather. on trip when youngest granddaughter was 4 months old it was too hot for either carseat on stroller or for mom and baby in the carrier.

If her current double doesn’t have a full recline, I’d opt to rent a City Mini double (either the regular or GT version would work) The sides recline independently so toddler doesn’t have to lay back while the little one does. I’d save the space, leave the seat at home and just utilize a stroller and carrier if needed.

I think renting a City Mini is a good idea too. We may end up doing that rather than taking along our Joovy Caboose in the spring, because then 2 kids can recline at the same time. They're also easier to have the kids climb in and out of. But, we're taking a almost 3 year old and an almost 6 year old. I haven't taken a baby that small in years, and prioritized have a full recline in the stroller, because we were moving overseas, and I knew we wouldn't have as much use for a travel system.
She may have some luck with thrift stores anyway. I always kind of regret taking strollers with me when we fly, because they've all gotten banged up to some degree.

I am also heading there soon with a 2.5 month old! :) After a lot of research, I’m renting the City Mini which reclines fully flat. I might get a newborn insert from Target to keep her a bit more secure but leaning against that because I worry it’ll make her hotter. Stroller fan is a must! Also planning to wear her as much as the weather allows. Also in a pinch, we used a Minnie van when my DS was a baby and they had an infant car seat - not sure if that’s changed at all since the vans resumed service. Good luck and have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!