***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I will try to fit it in the morning... Maybe I would follow TP's plan to do that first before Safari... I wonder how crowded safari would be in the morning... I'm guessing if I can get an FP, it would work out well...
If it's warm out, the animals are active in the morning so people like to get it in. For our AK day, we're planning on waiting till 5pm to do it. Something different, and I hope it's worth it!

Morning, all! I have a question for everyone! I was wondering, what is everyone's favorite must do at each park aside from things you can fp Or reserve!
Including shows/ snacks etc! Any ONE thing that you just have to do!
Sorry if this has been discussed :)

Mine would likely be:
MK: the tiki room! I think the girls will love that and want to go back!

EPCOT: I'd say it's visiting inside Mexico !! I'd say it was the Mexico ride but I haven't been there since they changed it!!

AK: never been there, but I'm going to guess the bird show, or some sort of snack there :) the food sounds great here!!

HS: never been :)

EDIT: DUH! I just noticed I was supposed to respond with non-FP attractions! Oh, well, now you know our favorite FP rides. ;) Not enough morning coffee when I posted this originally.

MK: Splash Mountain for me, Space Mountain for DH

Epcot: Soarin' for me (but have to see FEA this time), Mission Space Orange for DH (no-go for me)

AK: Kilimanjaro Safari for both of us

HS: Tower of Terror for me, Rock n Roller Coaster for DH

Last edited:
If it's warm out, the animals are active in the morning so people like to get it in. For our AK day, we're planning on waiting till 5pm to do it. Something different, and I hope it's worth it!
Planning to ride it once in the morning and once at around 5:15? Just before dinner at 5:45 :) hopefully it will get dark then. Or hopefully I could adjust my reservation to 6pm if the park hours get extended :)

Do you all think it would be too cold for Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids when we all go in December? I'm thinking Splash Mountain might be doable for us, but that Kali River Rapids would be too wet. Trying to decide if either of these is worth a fastpass, or just wing it or SDFP if the weather is warm? The last time I was in Orlando was in early/mid November (around Veterans Day). It was warm during the day (shorts warm) but cool at night (sweatshirt). If we did a "wet" ride even though it was warm, we were really cold. It was just me and DH that time so I'm a little worried our kiddos will be cold.

I've never gotten more than slightly damp on Splash Mountain. Kali is a crapshoot: usually one set of two people gets totally drenched, the people on either side of them get splashed but not soaked, and everybody else stays dry. At least, that's the way it was when I last rode it 6 years ago.

I'll attempt to ride Kali in the very early afternoon if it's a warm day. If it's a chilly day, I'll probably give it a pass or wear my Coleman all-weather jacket that would keep me mainly dry. I wouldn't mind as much if my legs were wet; I just don't want the top half of my body wet when it's a bit cool.

Yeah, I'm thinking Kali River Rapids would be out because we'd be soaked. I'll already be carrying so much that throwing extra clothes into the mix is not my idea of fun! It's Splash Mountain that I'm not sure of. It's been such a long time since I rode it. I remember getting wet, but not soaked. Might have to be a game day decision!

Splash is probably my favorite MK attraction and no matter how cold, it's happening with a poncho. Kali is like all rapid rides at most amusement parks (used to run the ride at Six Flags years ago), like one person gets off dry and the rest soaked--not something I need to do.

I've never gotten more than slightly damp on Splash Mountain. Kali is a crapshoot: usually one set of two people gets totally drenched, the people on either side of them get splashed but not soaked, and everybody else stays dry. At least, that's the way it was when I last rode it 6 years ago.

I'll attempt to ride Kali in the very early afternoon if it's a warm day. If it's a chilly day, I'll probably give it a pass or wear my Coleman all-weather jacket that would keep me mainly dry. I wouldn't mind as much if my legs were wet; I just don't want the top half of my body wet when it's a bit cool.

That was dd16 and me last time. Huge wall of water came right down on top of us! We laughed, but I was not happy about it really. It was September, so plenty hot, but I have no need to ever ride it again. Just not worth it to me.

I'm going with the method of wearing a poncho to ride the rapids ride. I showed it to my DH and he said he didn't want to ride it. So we'll see when the time comes if I can get him on it. He seems to change his mind a lot about these things.

Something stuck out at me. Why does it have you waiting 25 minutes at EE the 2nd time when it says it's using a FP? That seems really long for having a FP.
I have no idea.. In fact I just saw it when you pointed it out.

I've never been to AK and I've never used TP before. I put the plan together to try and get a flow to the park and have an idea of some kind of order. The kids and I picked the things we wanted to try the most. I left alot of free time in the plan to explore. Therefore, if that wait time is even shorter all the better more exploration!!!

No problem!

I know this has probably been repeated numerous times, but what is everyone's plan for a party day, leading up to MVMCP? The reason I ask, is because I'm struggling with the idea of going to Animal Kingdom prior to Magic Kingdom that night. Perhaps it would be best to either go to Disney Springs or just hang around AKL until it's time to go? Maybe pool time if the weather is right? Thinking out loud here, but also looking to see what each of you has planned! TYVM!

We will either go mini-golfing or to Disney Springs. We have a 2:30pm ADR at LTT, so we'll be in the park a little early and can stroll before the party.

I have no idea.. In fact I just saw it when you pointed it out.

I've never been to AK and I've never used TP before. I put the plan together to try and get a flow to the park and have an idea of some kind of order. The kids and I picked the things we wanted to try the most. I left alot of free time in the plan to explore. Therefore, if that wait time is even shorter all the better more exploration!!!

Yes, it is definitely a nice loose plan! I think as I get to my later park days I may end up coming back to my first AK day plan and relaxing it a bit. But so far it's taken me 3 days to do 1 park day in TP! Hopefully I'm over the learning curve. 15 more days until FP day!

BOG for lunch - yay or nay?

We did breakfast and dinner last year and enjoyed both (bfast more for the PPO than the food for sure).

I've got breakfast and lunch this year booked - but we also loved CHH and Cosmic Rays for QS. Should I keep the BOG lunch or try something new?

We did breakfast and dinner last year and enjoyed both (bfast more for the PPO than the food for sure).

I've got breakfast and lunch this year booked - but we also loved CHH and Cosmic Rays for QS. Should I keep the BOG lunch or try something new?

We weren't fans of it. Not bad, but not great either. We're skipping BOG altogether this time. Definitely worth doing at least A meal there once, but I don't see the point in going back unless you're just in love with it for one reason or another. I'm sure others will disagree. :chat:

We weren't fans of it. Not bad, but not great either. We're skipping BOG altogether this time. Definitely worth doing at least A meal there once, but I don't see the point in going back unless you're just in love with it for one reason or another. I'm sure others will disagree. :chat:
@Iowamomof4 or anyone! what do you think about CRT? Is it really something we should try once? Or skip it

Last edited:

we really enjoyed dinner, but not as much as boma and ohana so those will be our only repeats this year :)

BOG breakfast we will order 1 entree for the boys to split and DH and I will get a drink lol!

@Meeko5 I was curious if you are flying for your trip? If you are, will it be out of GR? I had strongly considered that option but decided to fly right out of Kalamazoo (to Chicago then nonstop to MCO). I am a total wimp about driving on 131 in the winter!! :scared1:

I think if you already have BOG for breakfast, maybe something new for lunch would be nice. :-) You've got great ADRs!!

I considered doing lunch and dinner (not a fan of breakfast)... But in the end, decided on dinner only. We want to meet the Beast! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter