• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st timer & Info on June

cricket429

Mouseketeer
We are taking our 6 yr old daughter in 2005 for 1st time. 1st time for me too. Looking for any suggestions. We have a tight budget but I want to take her while it is still magical. Has anyone gone toward the end of June? Wondering about crowds and how insanely hot it will be then. Really cant afford to go but life is too short and she is our little miracle. It took 12 years for us to be able to have her and this means the world to her (and me).

Any infomation is greatly appreciated.

We are not totally set on a date yet, but the end of June would be our 20th anniversary and she would be out of school.

Welcome Cricket! First, keep checking on this board for when the June discount codes come out. During that time you can usually get a room at the value resorts with a code for around $49 a night. That's what they were running this past June. Honestly you can't stay decently off site for that price. We were there the first week of June this year and crowds were manageable. Fastpass is a wonderful option and free with your admission. It will be warm at that time but not totally unbearable. Another plus to staying onsite is that you don't have to cough up ~$8 per day to park. You get a parking pass at checkin that you put on your dash. You also get to take advantage of the Disney buses for all your "in World" transportation. By staying onsite you can get into one park early each morning. This is called early morning entry and is available to resort guests only. Six is a great age for a child to experience the world. I suggest investing in a guide book, I like the Unofficial Guide to WDW. They have it at Barnes and Noble and Booksamillion. I've also seen it at Target and Walmart. The 2005 edition just came out. It gives great tips and advice. Use this board for posting any questions or feel free to e-mail or PM me, I'll try to help you. WDW is our favorite vacation spot. We have been three times this year alone. You'll have a blast. We went spring break this year frugally, took oatmeal and cereal bars for breakfast, took advantage of a fridge in the room. We were offsite though because I was ignorant about ths board and didn't know about code discounts. Believe me , you can save a bundle. I just made a reservation for Wilderness Lodge using the most recent code for our spring break/aniversary/DD7's birthday. Before the code the room was close to $400 a night :earseek: :earseek: When the code came out I got the same room for $198 a night+ tax. Big savings. Also, write this number down 800-828-0228. This is the 800 number for Walt Disney World reservations. You can use it for hotel, priority seatings and ticket purchases. HTH,

It's be hot and humid. Rember to used fastpass. Another piece of advice is check out the Orlando hotels and Attractions board. They explain how to use skyauction.com get a condo for less than 300.00 dollars a week. Good website for offsite hotels for cheap hotelkingdom.com . Then I would check tripadvsior.com for hotels reviews and Orlando hotel and Attractions board.

There is plenty of cheap eat places to eat in Orlando. Be sure stop by the Florida welcome center to coupon books that have plenty buy one get free coupons.

Welcome to the boards, Cricket429!

Crowds tend to increase throughout the latter part of June, as more and more schools let out nationwide, so expect crowds, but they should be manageable. As rcraw suggested, keep an eye out for discount room codes.

As far as the weather, June can be quite hot, but just smile to yourself when you think of how much hotter it will be in July and August. ;)

Be sure to wear sunscreen, as the heat combuined with the humidity makes for a nasty (and very rapid) sunburn. I also recommend hats, as much as I hate them myself, I wear one at Disney. Drink plenty of water and juice, not carbonated soda. Plan on breaks at the hotel or in a shady part of the parks during the hottest part of the day.

Expect thundershowers and rain dirung your trip. They will cool things off for a little while, then the humidty will hit again.

Went last year, June 19-26. Extremley hot. I would suggest taking a break mid-day to swim and freshen up...you'll probably be drenched in sweat, which isn't too much fun.

6 is a great age to experience the magic for the first time! My niece was 6 when I took her last year - here are my tips:
Take a mid-day break for a swim & a nap. It is hot & humid and that really zaps your energy. The first day was "I'm too old for a nap!" then after that it was "I'll just take a quick rest." Believe me, I needed the nap as well! At this time the parks are open later, so some of the parades & fireworks are later and you'll want to be feeling up to returning for them. Get your hand stamped whether or not you think you'll be returning.
Drink lots of water - and take a bathroom break whenever you see one. There's nothing worse than waiting in line only to hear just before you get on a ride that your little one has to go!
Bring along prepackaged snacks. Also, a fanny pack for your DD might be handy, especially to carry her autograph book and a large barreled pen. (The thicker pens are easier for the characters to grip.) I printed up labels before we left with clip art pics of various characters and the name printed beside them; this way it was easy for her to recognize the autograph later.
Stay onsite if you can, but offsite I'd recommend a DTD hotel or Holiday Inn Family Suites. Get rain slickers from WalMart or Target - these come in handy cause there's usually some rain at that time of year (it's so warm the rain won't be a real bother, but you will need the slickers - even sometimes just to sit on for a parade.) Another good buy at those stores would be the neon necklaces or small light up toys - get them before you go and save your money for something better at WDW - like a character meal. We loved 1900 Park Faire with Cinderella & Prince Charming, but Crystal Palace is a lot of fun too.
If you can work it into your budget the Family Magic Tour is so much fun. Siobhan loved working out the clues and still tells everyone how she "saved the world for Mickey Mouse." She & her cousin truly believe this and that is such a magic experience - for me as well as them.
Don't miss Minnie's house at MK, Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Fantasmic at MGM, Honey I Shrunk the Audience & the Kidcot stops at Epcot. Don't try to do everything, remember to relax and enjoy each magical moment. Have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter