1st time on Fantasy (multiple trips on Wonder/Magic)--advice??

msnoble

Mouseketeer
I am a Fantasy newbie, but have 5 cruises on Magic/Wonder under my belt. I am a little intimidated by the larger ship size o_O. We are doing the 7 night Eastern in mid May 2020. Any points to consider/things to be sure to check out/hidden gems about the Fantasy? Looking for guidance from those of you who have done both the original and the larger ships. Thanks!!

Definitely get the single-day pass for the rainforest room! The larger ships have some really nice features in there.

Yes, forgot about this one too. The rainforest room is better on the larger ships in my opinion. They got the outdoor Jacuzzis that the smaller ships do not have.

Also, if you have kids, my kids like the kids clubs better on the larger ships. The Edge club on the Magic is really small compared to the Dream class.

Deck 13. It is heavenly! If you are on the May 16th sailing, we will be on deck 13 the entire week!
that is the sailing we are on! It will be myself and my daughter; she is now 21 so she's looking forward to taking full advantage of all the 'adult only' offerings! 😋. We have done the Western Caribbean a couple of times but this is our first time doing the Eastern itinerary

As someone on here said, Meridian.
My favorite spot, the best views on the ship imo. When I sail the fantasy I'm there every morning early to see the sunrise with a cup of coffee and a book. And at nights its the best bar on the ship... I enjoy having a nice cocktail there before going to bed.

Also, the gym is larger/better and the jogging track on deck 4 is also longer so its a treat to walk/jog on it if you're the exercise type.

Have cruised the Magic a lot and several times on the Fantasy. You'll be fine. They have very much the same feel, just larger and longer walks from one end to the other. Make sure you check out the "magic" art work. Also the Mid-ship detective agency, play all versions, its fun and you get quite a tour of the ship.

that is the sailing we are on! It will be myself and my daughter; she is now 21 so she's looking forward to taking full advantage of all the 'adult only' offerings! 😋. We have done the Western Caribbean a couple of times but this is our first time doing the Eastern itinerary

When my 23 and 20 year old sons tire of deck 13, they will play a round of mini golf. Or see an afternoon movie. Or play shuffleboard. Or go to the gym. We will plan an excursion for both days, just so they don’t get bored!

We do the Magic the most (Wonder a distance second). When we are on the Fantasy, the biggest adjustment is how you get around the ship. On the older ships, you can pretty much get to any place on the ship using any set of stairs/elevators. This isn't true on the Fantasy. So my advice is to look over deck plans in advance. I've got a good sense of direction and still get turned around in the adult district depending on if we are coming from inside or outside. Also, since we are usually on Deck 2, this is a big adjustment since there is no aft elevator on deck 2 - and since one of the MDRs is on Deck 2, whether you stay on that deck or not, you run across having to get midship before heading to the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter