1mo late, but: Yay, a DLP board :) added brief 2002 trip report

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
just had to say i'm happy to see this new board here on the DIS!
i sure could've used it last year when i was planning my DLP trip. :teeth:

:wave: Hi there! We'd love to hear about your trip - did you have a good time?

my trip last year was great!
my bf and i had gone on a 4week whirlwind trip around Europe, and were supposed to end our vacation with a 5night stay at DLP Sequoia Lodge.
well, we were in Normandy right before, and were supposed to go back to Paris for another night, but we'd gotten sooo exhausted from the previous few nights we spent in Paris (not to mention my bf got briefly assaulted on the Metro!! :eek: but that's a whole other story) so we decided to skip Paris + call DLP to see if last minute they had a hotel room so we could go 1 night early.

we ended up at Hotel Santa Fe the next day, and were so happy to be able to relax... a little bit of good ol' Disney American fix right before we headed back to the States :p

anyway, it's been quite a while, and sometimes i feel like all my Disney trips start to blur together... so i can't really remember everything about my DLP trip. i do know it was fun! :teeth:
and, amazingly, we got upgraded at Sequoia Lodge to a suite. :) i don't really understand why that happened, at check-in, when the CM told me where the room was (2nd floor in main building), i had asked her if there happened to be any rooms on a higher floor. she said, hold on, and went to the back. then came back and said she can put us in one of the honeymoon suites on the top floor.
you can imagine, my bf and i were in shock!

we did the White Glove treatment w/ Amex, and the DLP was so much nicer than what you get in the States. too bad Amex's deal w/ Disney is over now.

the breakfast option inside the Magic Kingdom was wonderful!! and the MK parade is one of the better Disney parades i've seen. we must've rode Thunder Mtn about 10 times a day!! also, loved how Small World is so new and shiny, w/ the more Europe-centric intro.
also, the Tarzan show at DLP is soooo much better than Tarzan Rocks at WDW AK.
Disney Studios was really sparse, and could really use some more attractions. the parade was strange.
we loved Animagique though! we watched that about 3 or 4 times. there was another show we really liked, but i can't remember what it is anymore... it had a lot of Hercules music being sung by excellent singers.

the sit down restaurants were very good. the one at Hotel New York, and Auberge de Cendrillon were excellent.
also, Cafe Mickey is the best character meal we've ever been to.

hm... i can't remember what else there was, but if anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to ask!

Thanks Disneyberry :D

I see from your signature that you went in June. How were the weather and crowds ?

That was a nice little touch to get the upgrade :p I'm going to try it. Hopefully they'll put us on a lower floor so as we can ask for a higher one ;) (although with 18 month old ds with us we may not stand much chance :p )

We also got a room upgrade when we stayed at the Sequoia - although I didn't realise it at the time! We had a great view from our window across the lake and could see a little of the castle, and our room was bigger than average.

Thank you for your mini-report :) !

Originally posted by alexandra uk
I see from your signature that you went in June. How were the weather and crowds?
alexandra, we were there the first week of June, and it wasn't very warm at all. in the morning and evening, we sometimes needed to wear a light sweater/jacket. it also rained for 2 of the days we were there. on the sunny days, we could get by w/ short sleeved tees most of the day. there were a few people in shorts.
but, as always, we found it best to dress in layers.
as for crowds, they were not bad at all. quite empty actually. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter