1900 or O'hana?

Neither are my fave. Food at both are of poor quality and disappointing. But id pick 1900 because I figure I will at least be entertained. The step sisters are HILARIOUS!!

1900 Park Fare has good food and variety... Ohana has a fixed menu that may not appeal to everyone... food was ok... 1900's characters are hilarious... and the Grand Floridian lobby is a great place to visit in the evening to relax and listen to music (either piano player or small orchestra/band).

Having been to both more than once, I'd have to say we enjoyed the food much more at Ohana. We kept this meal as a must-do when Cinderella was there, but only did it once or twice since the stepsisters starting appearing. Nothing against them, they are very funny, but we prefer the character meals with the Princesses or Mickey or Pooh.

Ohana hands down! 1900 PF is ok but the hula lessons and coconut races really are entertaining for the kids. Ohana's food is quite good and very flavourful. You cannot beat the bread pudding dessert with banana fosters sauce.

I have not been to 1900, but I love Ohana. Since the food is severed family style the kids had a larger selection to choice from rather than the typical kids menu for the DDP. Loved the shrimp.

1900. We loved the character interaction even DH and our nephews enjoyed it. Buffet had lots of selection.

Dinner or breakfast? We have done both for breakfast and MUCH preferred Ohana. Have only done dinner at Ohana which we also liked - but on future visits will probably stick to Ohana breakfast and try other dinners.

To be fair - we had a late 1900 breakfast reservation and I felt like the characters were just checking a box to be done and the food seemed not as fresh. We had eaten here years before at an earlier time with a better experience. I just likely won't be back for breakfast after our latest experience.

I've only gone to both for breakfast in which case 1900 PF wins...but Ohans Breakfast is a close 3rd behind TH

For dinner I've only eaten at Ohana's..4 times & though yes it doesn't appeal to everyone, atmosphere here is very good, food to me isn't great ,but above average, & plenty of it...The decor & stuff & family & friend togetherness here somehow liven up the place... That being said , being that we had such an awesome time at 1900 for breakfast , I can't see dinner dissapointing you/us here as well.

Good luck with your choice.:thumbsup2

What are the ages of the kids? Are they interested in the characters? Your two options are totally different.

'Ohana is darker, more exotic. There's plenty of food but it is what it is (no choices.) DH & DS13 LOVED it!!! But they are good eaters so they got their monies worth. I thought it was good, but just so much & it just kept coming. DD8, not a great eater, ate a little of the chicken & some noodles, but that was about it. The service seemed rushed & the "cousin" bit got a little old (to me--kids thought it was funny.) DD wasn't interested in joining in on the parade. We were seated far away from the main entertainment which was fine with us. We would not do it again mainly due to the $$$, but glad we tried it once. If we did a DP, it would be a good use of a TS credit though.

1900 is light, bright & a fun atmosphere. The food is typical American dinner buffet so nothing too exciting (except the yummy strawberry soup!) DD5 (at the time) ate up the character interaction! The step sisters are quite funny. There is a parade for the kids & DD happily joined in on that. It's definitely more chaotic with the characters moving around and there are more families at 1900 than 'Ohana.

Either way you can ride the monorail to the resort which our kids love. Consider what it is you're loooking to get out of the meal. For the "experience" 'Ohana is very nice. But for the "EXPERIENCE" 1900 offers that with the characters. It may come down to where you can get an ADR that fits your schedule.

I've had breakfast at both and prefer 1900 PF for the variety and character interactions. I really enjoy dinner at Ohana's but haven't eaten at 1900 PF for dinner so can't compare.

clareyfairymouse said:
I've had breakfast at both and prefer 1900 PF for the variety and character interactions. I really enjoy dinner at Ohana's but haven't eaten at 1900 PF for dinner so can't compare.

The OP indicated dinner in their post. But ya I agree about bfast...the bfast food is pretty good at 1900 and they have a variety of characters. But there's something about ohana bfast that I love so much. Its so relaxing compared to the other character meals.

I'd take Ohana over Park Fare any day of the week. The food at Park Fare was sub-par in my opinion and we will not go back. Even though the characters were cute, it wasn't worth the price. Some people don't care for the food at Ohana, but I found it to be great.

We ate dinner at both restaurants last month and they were both good and they were both very different experiences.

One big difference is that the 'Ohana meal has a big emphasis on meat. They keep bringing out meat to eat. It was good but I felt like all I ate was meat. :)

1900 Park Fare is a buffet and there are the usual fruit, soup, salad, and other entrees. I really enjoy having a lot of choices when it comes to soups and salads.

We've eaten at both and our last dinner at 1900 PF was not good, but we did love the step sisters. If you're going for entertainment, I'd go with 1900 PF; if you're going for the food, I'd choose Ohana.

We have eaten supper at both and we would choose OHana hands down! 1900 Park Fare step sisters are alot of fun, but the meal was not good.

O'hana for sure, it's our favorite and we make sure we do advanced reservations each trip to make sure we get it. In fact it's always our first night dinner because we look forward to it so much. There are kids activities during dinner like coconut races and the kids get lei's. I liked 1900 parkfare to go once, but the food isn't as good. The potstickers are to die for at O'hana!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter