150 Club...care to join???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Wednesday morning. It is nice to have the week half over.

Today is the day ds2 appplies for college. We will be reviewing his applications this afternoon and hopefully sending them out soon after. He is so nervous and excited about this. He was handing in info to his guidance counselor today and we have to go on line and do his applications this afternoon. Now if he can get just 50 more points on his SAT scores he will get a great scholarship from the school he is hoping to get into. Keep your fingers crossed.

Well that is all for today. Hope everyone is having a great Wed. It is almost the weekend which is good for most of us except Hockey Kat

Good Afternoon!

I had my yearly performance review this morning, and I'm happy to say I'm pleased with the results. We have to have 3 new goals every year, and I think mine will both be enjoyable and help with my professional growth. Unfortunately, performance isn't tied to salary (we all get the same amount/%, but at least I know my boss is happy with my work.

I spent 1.5 hrs. on the TM last night during the Biggest Loser. I wish it was on more than once a week! I'd happily watch the versions from other English-speaking countries, I just find it so motivating.

Dona -- I think it's so exciting that you are already filling out applications with ds! It's also got to be nerve-wracking...I'm sure it will go great!:goodvibes Good luck to ds2 on his SATs!

Kat -- Sorry your long weekend...isn't. Hopefully you won't get any calls Monday, and you'll be able to relax a bit.

Mandy --:woohoo: How awesome you must feel! Thanks for sharing your success, it is very motivating.

Wendy & Stacie -- :wave2: How's it goin'? I hope you are looking forward to a losing Fall!

Everyone have a fantastic day and evening!
Maria

Well applications are in now SAT's on Sat morning and then we just wait.

Good Morning!

When I weighed myself last Friday I was down another pound. So, that's four so far, and six to go before Halloween!

I had an awful cold this weekend which kept me in bed Saturday and Sunday, no outdoor walks for me. :sad1:

Last night I did 5.5 miles on the TM, tonight I'm hoping for another 5. I've also been following my points with WW. I didn't count Saturday or Sunday, but since all I ate was chicken noodle soup and lime sherbet, I think it was ok:rotfl:

Dona -- How did ds do with his SATs? It must be a relief to have that over!:goodvibes

Kat -- I hope you didn't get any calls yesterday, and you were able to relax (or play hockey!) pirate:

Mandy, Wendy and Stacie -- Here's to a great week!:yay:

Everyone enjoy the Biggest Loser tonight!
Maria

Hi Everyone!

I did my weekly weigh-in, and I'm down 2 more lbs! That means a total of 6, and 4 more to go before Halloween. I'm averaging 2 a week for 3 weeks, so I guess WW Online is working for me. I don't want to jinx myself. TOM approaches, and that never goes well...

I really think training for the Disney Half is making all the difference. I am walking almost every day, and it's paying off.

I hope you are all well -- check in and let us know what's up!

Happy Autumn!
Maria

Hi Everyone! Hey! Is Anybody Out There?! Just startin' to feel a little lonesome here:confused3

I had a weekend of eating, but I was also working out, and counting my points. I ate out twice, and we had a family dinner Sunday. I counted almost every bite, I'm sure I missed some butter or salad dressing here or there. I walked six miles both days, and for an hour on Friday, so I think it will be ok at my weigh-in Friday. It's also TOM time, so one is only cautiously optimistic.

I've decided I get three "free" eating days for the rest of the year -- Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve/Day. I am not going to count any points those days, and in exchange I am going to count diligently every other day. That means no candy pigout on Halloween, and paying attention at all parties. Hopefully by the time Thanksgiving falls my tummy will be a bit smaller, and I won't be able to hold as much. I refuse to eat until I'm sick, so time is on my side!

Anyone have any strategies for Halloween:hmghost: ? I'm going to let DS pick out 20-30 pieces to keep (depending on size), and have dh take the rest to work (so it will really be out of my reach). I think that's more than enough for him. I want all the Halloween candy out of the house by Thanksgiving. Between parties and trick-or-treating, he gets a ton of candy. We usually don't have much left over, but that's going to work with dh, too. DS's first Halloween party is Saturday, so wish me luck!

Have a great, losing day!:goodvibes
Maria

Hi Maria,
Yes I am still here but just haven't had a chance to write lately. I like the idea about the three frre days.

We usually keep the halloween candy in the front hall where you really have to want it to go there (especially if it is cold out). Anything really left over I will bring to work and get rid of it. Chocolate and sugar has not been sitting to well with me over the last couple of days so I don't think I am going to be as tempted as I have been in the past.

Keep up the good work you have been doing.

No news on the college front yet. Appliications are in and so are the transcripts and the letters of recommendation. One school doesn't start looking at general applications until Dec 1 when they finish their Early Decision ones. We are realy waiting to hear from his first choice which has rolling admissions. It is also the only school that doesn't have a website to checkk to see if everything is in. We may call them on Friday.

Hi Dona!

I'm still plugging along. I had a rough last 2 days, but I did count my points (even the bag of popcorn...), and I did an hour on the TM last night.

My plan is to get back on track today, with fewer points and another TM workout. I'm still optimistic I'll make my goal by Halloween. This week is TOM, and it's wreaking havoc with my head.

I know it must be nerve-wracking waiting for the college acceptance. This is such a great year, though. I hope you are enjoying all your special time with ds.

Thanks for checking in, I really was starting to feel a bit lonely!
Maria

Ds went on line this morning and found his first acceptance. Applications have only been out for 2 weeks but he got his first one today. It is his 2nd choice but it is always nice to know that you are wanted somewhere. We are still waiting to hear from his first choice and the third one we won't hear from until Dec sometime.

Band Festival tonight it will be the last one where I am a parent. I can't wait to see ds perform his solo. With this under his belt he should play pretty good.

Hi Dona and Maria!! Glad to hear things are going well. I am around too, just busy. My last weigh in was Monday and I was down to 145. I bought my first pair of size 6's in years. I need to start include excercise but just can't find time when I am working 40-50 hours a week. Any suggestion??

I am not working 40 - 50 hours weeks yet but once play season starts I will be. The only time I can get a good workout in is at 4:30 in the morning.

Hi Ladies!

It sounds like we are busy, busy, busy!

I'm not quite willing to work out at 4:30 am yet (I :worship: to Dona, you are my hero!).

I work out either right when I get home from work while dh makes dinner -- could be your wind down/transition time, or when I'm watching tv, like for the Biggest Loser or Dancing with the Stars. Since I'm generally walking on a TM or using light weights, that works out fine. On the weekends I walk at about 7am, gets me home in time to get ready for church or ds's basketball games, and doesn't interfere with football :goodvibes

It is hard to fit in, but it is worth it. I work 36 hours/week, and I have a ds9. I also don't try to do it every day -- my body doesn't like that! I've been averaging 7-9 hours per week working out.

Also, you probably don't need the long workouts I do for training -- I range from 1 hr to 1.5 hrs, with longer for "long walks". I bet you would see real benefits from 30 minutes most days, if you haven't been doing much before now.

You will feel so good once you get the endorphins going, and sleep very well, too!

I heartily encourage everyone to find the time! :grouphug:

Let's Get Down Those Pounds! (unless you wear a size six:cloud9:)
Maria

Good Morning!

It's my weigh-in day, and I'm down 1 lb. I was hoping for more, but with TOM, this is realistically actually a victory. I usually gain 2-3, so I'm going to have to look at my half-full glass. I'm still hoping for 3 next week, I really, really want to lose 10 before Halloween. :goodvibes

I spent an hour on the TM last night, 45 minutes Wednesday, and an hour Tuesday. I'm taking today off, and I plan to walk to Mission Impossible 2 -- yes, I'm that far behind in my movie watching -- Saturday if it's raining as it's supposed to be here. Sunday I'm hoping to get back outside.

I'm still following the Points pretty well. I've eaten more this week, but I think one night it was because I was sleep-deprived and I tend to try to fix any ailment with food. Anyway, I've barely dipped into my extra points for the week, and most days I've absorbed any extra by exchanges activity points.

I'm looking forward to a quiet night with my little guy. DH will be watching his beloved Red Sox tomorrow night, so this is our chance for family time.

Everyone have a great weekend, eat well, and keep moving toward a healthy lifestyle!

We can do it!:grouphug:
Maria

SOrry I haven't posted all weekend. It has been crazy around here. Friday night was pretty quiet just ds2 and I home. We both fell asleep around 10. Sat morning we got up and went to get his phone fixed. Never put a phone in the same pocket as a pencil. He learned the hard way but he also paid for it to be fixed. Then he was off to get ready to play for the band at a football game,. I picked him up from the game and we traveled north to see my parents and my sister. It was nice just hanging out with them and no else around. We had dinner and were watching Rear Window but it was getting late so he missed the end of it.

Sunday we got up to go to church, had breakfast and then I ran to do some grocery shopping. We then went to his school where I helped take some measurements for costumes, helped to cut some costumes out and worked on a backdrop Did I tell you they are doing Beauty and the Beast? I was helping to cut out napkin costumes and detail the bar room drop. Then I got on a bus with the marching band and went to a competition and got home about 9 last night.

Today has to be the worst. I am going to an inservice day. WE have no speaker it is a day to "share" ideas. 6 hours of sharing while sitting on cafeteria benches. What a waste of a day.

HAve a great day everyone.

Hi!

Dona, I know what you mean about the busy weekend -- I did not go online once. Saturday we took ds to Plimoth Plantation -- it's a recreation of a 1627 Pilgrim village and Native People homesite, with costumed persons acting in character. That was fun, but when we got home we had to get ready for ds's school Halloween party, which meant the first wearing of the costume. DS is Thing 1, from the Cat in the Hat. Once that was finally over, we had to get everyone settled before the big ALCS game.

Sunday morning ds and dh got me up too late for church (yes, I think there was a plot), and we had to go shopping for a gift card for boss's day, which meant a trip to the mall. Yes, I realize we are a week behind. My co-worker has whooping cough and vertigo, so she didn't feel like doing anything last week, and she's also out today, so no lunch out like I had planned. Anyway, we had our Patriots game, and then we had to get ready for our last ALCS game.

This week is going to be nuts. I can guarantee we will have all kinds of people calling in sick, or just not functioning, because they will stay up 'til 1 am watching the World Series. popcorn::

I did not do well with eating or exercise this weekend. My feet never walked a step for exercise. I did some walking at Plimoth Plantation, but that was about it. I couldn't bear to face the scale this morning. I decided I have to really step it up with lunch time walks and 90 minute workouts today through Thursday if I want to see any results come Friday morning. This is going to be a real challenge for me, but I am determined to do it. I am very afraid if I don't make a big effort now, I will gain the weight I lost back. I have to keep going in the right direction, and not let me self-sabotage. :cool1:

Omg, I thought my day was bad.....I really feel for you. Six hours of sharing ideas is just a recipe for boredom and annoyed staff. :sad2:

Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite Disney tale! I think you are going to have such a good time, even if it is bittersweet for you. :dance3:

So, my co-worker not coming today is really a blessing. I brought a healthy lunch just in case, so I'm all set with a low points day. DH made a chicken breast in the crock pot yesterday with mashed potatoes, so I already know my dinner points. We had plenty of yummy leftovers. I will probably be on the TM to Dancing with the Stars. Well, I'm not sure. I'd rather not have ds stay up 'til 9:30 (he's 9), but it does make it easy for me to stay on the TM for 90 minutes...

Anyway, my lunch time task today is to figure out our Christmas budget. This is my first effort, believe it or not. I just sort of spend what I spend, but this year I decided to set some limits and also try to figure out what is reasonable. I tend to buy way too much for ds, because I'm always afraid he doesn't have enough -- which is ridiculous...He also says he still believes in Santa, and he has a late January birthday, so I try to get things I'm afraid won't be left after the holidays. With the exception of my own gifts, I do all the shopping for the family ( I bet that sounds familiar!), so I have to get myself organized or it gets crazy. :santa:

Anyway, everyone have a wonderful day, and I hope you are enjoying beautiful weather as we are!:grouphug:

Maria

Good Afternoon!

Anyone else excited about The Biggest Loser tonight? I find that show so motivating!I wish it was like the CSI's -- I would watch it three nights a week, no problem!:happytv:

I broke down and got on the scale last night after my workout -- I weighed the same as last Thursday, so I guess my lapse this weekend wasn't too harmful. Just think, if I had worked out I probably would have had a loss...oh well. Plenty of time to eat right and workout before my next weigh-in on Friday. :thumbsup2

It seems so slow, but since I've been charting my weight daily, I can definitely see a real improvement since September. Every so often I seem to hold onto a weight for about 2 weeks, but then I have a good drop of a few lbs. As long as the scale is going down, I can be patient...:angel:

Have a great evening!
Maria

Happy Early Evening!

I'm sitting here munching my carrots, thinking about my 1.5 hr workout tonight...dh hasn't liked a single thing I suggested for dinner, so if he picks something not so good, I'm having soup!:goodvibes

Anyone else catch the Biggest Loser last night?! Stunning! I can't imagine deliberately putting on weight. It's just too hard for me to take it off!

Still hoping for a good number at Friday's weigh-in. I think if I can lose 2 lbs, I can definitely make my goal by Halloween. Even if I don't, I'm much closer than if I hadn't tried, and I will lose 10 lbs sometime in Nov.!

I bought some new pjs last weekend, in a smaller size. That felt so good!:woohoo: Of course, that is very forgiving material...I don't like the way my body looks right now, but I do see that a better shape will eventually come. It may be slow, but I am making progress.

Let's Go Team!
Maria

Happy Early Evening!

I'm sitting here munching my carrots, thinking about my 1.5 hr workout tonight...dh hasn't liked a single thing I suggested for dinner, so if he picks something not so good, I'm having soup!:goodvibes

Anyone else catch the Biggest Loser last night?! Stunning! I can't imagine deliberately putting on weight. It's just too hard for me to take it off!

Still hoping for a good number at Friday's weigh-in. I think if I can lose 2 lbs, I can definitely make my goal by Halloween. Even if I don't, I'm much closer than if I hadn't tried, and I will lose 10 lbs sometime in Nov.!

I bought some new pjs last weekend, in a smaller size. That felt so good!:woohoo: Of course, that is very forgiving material...I don't like the way my body looks right now, but I do see that a better shape will eventually come. It may be slow, but I am making progress.

Let's Go Team!
Maria

Maria, what a great job you are doing this week!!! So motivating!!

I've been sick with a stupid cold so food hasn't been great. Not really eating anything too terrible, just not eating...or working out. Next week hopefully I will feel better and can get back on track. I hate colds
:sick:

I would love to join the 150 club. I am currently 330 and I have basically alot to shed. I will share my story later. I watch the biggest loser and love it. I have never missed a season. The only problem is I do not have the support to stay on track at home. My husband is in bad shape as well but we are never in on the same page when it comes to getting in shape. I will start and he is bad and by the time I loose it he tries to be good :scared: Hopefully with the boards I will find the support I need.

Kristin

Good Morning!

Kristin -- :welcome: It is hard to lose when your spouse is not on the same page. My dh has a thin body type, and when he does gain, he loses it all within two weeks. It's hard, but lately if he's selecting something unhealthy for his dinner (i.e. fast food burgers or chicken), I have a salad, soup, or frozen dinner. We do not have to eat the same meal. We have a ds9, and sometimes all three of us eat a different meal -- or a different variation of a meal. If we make baked chicken, ds and I have it plain, dh will add a sauce, we'll have a couple of vegetables and I'll have a salad, ds will have real ice cream for dessert, I'll have a WW dessert, and dh might make some pasta for him and ds...It's taken me awhile, but I am starting to be responsible for what I put in my body. DH is a grown man who can take care of himself, and I have to focus on me, or else I won't reach my goals. :goodvibes I'm looking forward to learning more about you! This is a really fun thread with tons of support, and we are all help as much as we can!:grouphug:

Mandy -- I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! I wish you tons of antibodies, and a speedy recovery princess: Colds are the worst, because they just linger...and they make you tired and cranky (or is that just me?:rolleyes1 )

I didn't do my TM time last night. I just felt so tired, I really think I needed the rest (on my couch, watching the Red Sox) more. I am determined to spend at least 45 minutes on the TM tonight, and I'm crossing my fingers for a good weigh-in tomorrow.

I'm also saving some points for when I make my candy bags for Halloween. I plan to put them together while I'm watching Game 2 of the World Series tonight, and I'm sure a stray Reese's might find it's way into my mouth. My rule is -- only one. That way I can enjoy a little treat, but I don't do scary damage!

My dh said this morning he hopes it pours for Halloween. He just doesn't want to spend all evening taking ds trick-or-treating, and he doesn't like the mob that descends on our house. I actually hope they do come -- although I am sending any leftovers to work with dh! I have a plan to keep the candy to a minimum.

Anyone else have any strategies for avoiding the pitfalls of Halloween?:scared1:

Everybody move a little to lose today!
Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter