15 Year Old Dressed as Tinkerbell Not Allowed in AK

This is a bit of an over reaction and someone's 15 minutes of fame. That's all.

They didn't beat her or ban her from the parks.

They didn't humiliate her publicly.

They told her she could not wear her costume on private property.

If this "ruined" her life....she is in for a hard road ahead.

There are many rules in life.

You can't set up a barbecue in the mall...even though you like trees and air conditioning.

You can't bring your own sixer to the movies.

You can't go to a concert for free....even though it will make your boyfriend's experience magical.

And finally....you can't dress like Tinkerbell in a Disney theme park.

These are ridiculous examples....but then this is a ridiculous situation.

Cher said it best in Moonstruck.

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!

Well said!!!

I understand she is only 15, but was she there alone with her boyfriend or were they chaperoned by adults. If she was old enough to go to Disney with her boyfriend, she is old enough to follow the rules like everyone else.

On a side note, she looks more like 21. Oh and years down the road her boyfriend is going to look at pictures dressed like that and say "Oh My God what the heck was I thinking" Oh to be young and in love. LOL.

yikes. If this is the WORST thing that has ever happened to this girl, I want her life.

Disney has an obligation to protect their guests from people who have not been screened or back ground checked or fingerprinted or what have you. Adults dressed as characters will attract children like moths to a flame. There are those out there with ill intent who know this. Disney knows this, which is why they can't allow it. If a child was lured in by someone who was hugging on them on them and getting close in ways a parent wouldn't let a non Disney, thoroughly screened, stranger get...now THAT would be a lawsuit. I mean the headlines alone could bring Disney down. I think this story just goes to show that Disney is aware of the safety of their youngest guests and they are doing everything they can to protect them. I wonder if the CM's at the gate of Hollywood Studios got into any trouble?

Bummer for the girl, who clearly is not yet mature enough to understand the why and how of what happened to her, but she'll get over it. Disney not only did the right thing, they could have asked her to leave. They didn't.

If I were that girl I would be MORE mortified at looking pouty and crying to a television camera!! MORTIFYING!!

It was really the parents who should have handled it differently. I can understand not knowing ahead of time about the rule, but if it was my daughter I would have apologized to Disney and then explained to my daughter that while I understood her disappointment, the rule is there for a reason. It could have been a good life lesson for her if handled better.

On a side note: Several people are mentioning they are surprised she is only 15. I have two daughters, younger than her, and I am surprised at how old they look sometimes. (Lord help me.). This is especially true when they are doing some sort of dress up/costumed thing (like a dance recital etc). My 9 year old did the Pirate League "Empress" package (girl pirate - blue eye shadow). My husband with with her because I was with my other daughter at BBB. After she was done, one of the CMs asked "Are you dad?". DH "Yes". CM "Got a gun?"
Lol. She looked beautiful, but soooo much older. Then we went to eat at the Castle, and the CM checked her in as a 10+ dinner. I didn't understand the connection until later. Now I know why she asked my daughter her age after I went back to correct the check in ticket. It wasn't a problem, but is a funny story. I swear she really is 9!

On a side note: Several people are mentioning they are surprised she is only 15.

Being the parent of a 16-year-old girl, I can concur that many girls look way older than they are, especially when they dress nicely. My daughter is almost 5'8" so she automatically looks older just because of her height alone. Put her hair down and stick her in a nice dress and shoes and she could easily pass for 18 or more. Some of her peers would have no trouble passing for 21.

Am I the only one who found the funniest part the sheer amount of time the "news" camera spent focused on her green fingernails?

Unbelievable.

I will say that I completely understand why she was asked to take the costume off. At MNSSHP, my husband and I dressed in homemade Woody & Jessie costumes, and kids were constantly running up to us looking for candy as though we worked there. I can't even imagine what the kids would have thought on a day when the majority of park-goers WEREN'T in costume.

Am I the only one who found the funniest part the sheer amount of time the "news" camera spent focused on her green fingernails?

Unbelievable.

I will say that I completely understand why she was asked to take the costume off. Wt MNSSHP, my husband and I dressed in homemade Woody & Jessie costumes, and kids were constantly running up to us looking for candy as though we worked there. I can't even imagine what the kids would have thought on a day when the majority of park-goers WEREN'T in costume.

The Halloween parties are different then every other day they bend the rules for them.

I don't know maybe I'm old fashioned, but I would never let my 15 year old go on an unsupervised "date". And knowing how "endowed" she was, she wouldn't even make it to the front door dressed that way. innocent intentions or not, their are alot of perverse people out there even in WDW..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter