15 y.os at DHS alone

My girls are 14. Their 8th grade class is doing a day long trip to Islands of Adventure. On the permission slip, it says that they will not be with adults all day. They only take the first 250 students who turn in the permission slip and pay.
My Daughter and one of her friends decided that maybe instead of that they should go to Hollywood Studios for the day. I should mention we are around 3 1/2 hours away.

When I was around 15 my parents started letting me go around Disney World by myself. We typically stayed at an Epcot resort, so I was allowed to walk to DHS or Epcot if I wanted to. I enjoyed the freedom.

At some point before turning 12, I was let loose at MK and Epcot along with a few younger cousins (the youngest was about 6 at the time). We had a blast and even dragged the timid little ones onto Space Mountain). Of course this was a long time ago. I swear Disney only had one hotel at the time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter