13 Days of Disney - Everything We Never Knew We Always Wanted - June 2016 TR Update 1/30

That was one amazing meet with Alice!!! Your kids must have been so excited (and you, too)! Their costumes are fabulous! On a side note - What do your kids dress up as for Halloween? Their options must be unlimited!

I love the Welcome Show. Sadly, I have not seen it since I started taking my boys. We always seem to just miss it and get there right when it's over. Next trip, gosh darn it, we are going to see it!

After the ride was over, Alice walked back to her spot with Cora and Alex and still went ahead and did a regular meet with them – talked some more, signed autographs, and posed for more pictures. I imagine everyone waiting hated us, but it was truly a magical moment for our family.
Awesome meet! That really must have been a magical moment. Well done on the costumes. And hopefully there were some Disney fans among the others waiting that could appreciate the moment. I sure would have!

As soon as I saw who the kids were dressed as I had a feeling the Teacup experience would happen pixiedust: How incredibly awesome, and who really cares how the people in line felt lol?? What a great memory for Cora and Alex :)

I must say though, I think Cora's Welcome Show comment warrants a quick trip between now and next June ;)

Poor Cora! I can totally relate though and now tomorrow I will probably be thinking the exact same thing!

I knew about the Alice thing already...probably from FB. How incredible but I, too, was thinking that the other families probably were annoyed...but who cares? All you guys did was dress up, which everyone can do! You guys just had more initiative!

I think it's funny that Alex was upset about changing out if his costume bc I was thinking how hot he had to be! Lol.

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!! WOW!! :cloud9:

Right?! :goodvibes I love that pic that the photopass photographer got.

That meet and ride with Alice is amazing! I didn't know they did stuff like that!

I had seen pics of it happening to people before, but I didn't know how regular it was and was not planning on anything - didn't even tell the kids that it was a possibility. Great moment!

What an amazing start to the day for the kids. That's a little sprinkling of pixie dust for sure. The kids looked absolutely adorable.

Thank you! It truly was a great start to the day.

That was one amazing meet with Alice!!! Your kids must have been so excited (and you, too)! Their costumes are fabulous! On a side note - What do your kids dress up as for Halloween? Their options must be unlimited!

Oh yes they were (and maybe we were too ;))! We are trying to figure out what they will be for Halloween because they are spoiled for choice for sure. They actually may end up wearing these costumes because Alex is desperate to be the Hatter again. It will definitely be something Disney, as they went non-Disney last year (Xena and Hercules).

I love the Welcome Show. Sadly, I have not seen it since I started taking my boys. We always seem to just miss it and get there right when it's over. Next trip, gosh darn it, we are going to see it!

I know it can be tough to get there for it! On MK days the thought of seeing it is part of what helps get me moving in the morning, otherwise we probably wouldn't make it either. Staying at BLT, of course, helps.

Awesome meet! That really must have been a magical moment. Well done on the costumes. And hopefully there were some Disney fans among the others waiting that could appreciate the moment. I sure would have!

Thank you! Yeah, I didn't want to look at the others for fear of having the magic spoiled by an impatient face. My MIL definitely did a great job with the costumes - they were actually Christmas presents last year. :)

As soon as I saw who the kids were dressed as I had a feeling the Teacup experience would happen pixiedust: How incredibly awesome, and who really cares how the people in line felt lol?? What a great memory for Cora and Alex :)

I like your attitude lol. Hooray for pixie dust! Haters gon hate. ;)

I must say though, I think Cora's Welcome Show comment warrants a quick trip between now and next June ;)

Mmhmm, I'm sure Cora likes the way you think lol. Unfortunately if we go between now and then we don't go then. ;) We will have to have imagination trips until then. :rotfl:

Poor Cora! I can totally relate though and now tomorrow I will probably be thinking the exact same thing!

Sorry! lol It was just so pitiful I had to share it here.

I knew about the Alice thing already...probably from FB. How incredible but I, too, was thinking that the other families probably were annoyed...but who cares? All you guys did was dress up, which everyone can do! You guys just had more initiative!

I think it's funny that Alex was upset about changing out if his costume bc I was thinking how hot he had to be! Lol.

I'm sure it was FB. That was one of the moments I shared right after it happened because it was just so awesome. I guess we think similarly. I think I'm going to try to adopt @ariane37's attitude from here on out, though. :cool:

And yes, we got a few comments about him potentially being hot, but he was fine. This was at 8:30am so it hadn't really gotten incredibly hot yet. He actually did not even break a sweat wearing it before we took it off. But he wouldn't have cared if it was hot - my kids are willing to suffer a bit for their costume art lol. I also had to fight him to get him out of his Bert costume and that was at noon so it really was hot. He would have gone ahead and had a heat stroke if I had let him just to continue prancing around in that thing. :P

I could be wrong but it sounds like you have a drama/theatre kid on your hands. I will proudly wear that badge. Drama/theatre was my thing growing up and in high school, too! I was always a performer/entertainer and I pretty much still do it to an extent, today. :)

That is awesome that Alice rode with the kids!! What a great pixie dust moment for you all. I am sure the kids still talk about it now.

I love the welcome show. The last couple of times I have been to the MK, we have missed it by minutes. This time we are not.

[QUOTE="ArielSRL, post: 56675581, member: 129124"

.[/QUOTE]
DUH! No wonder I knew it was coming lol! I saw it on FB too :o Geez, and here I thought I was just really smart and intuitive.......

And no idea why it quoted wrong. I must be new at this :D

Oh my goodness, the Alice meet is quite possibly one of the more magical things I've ever seen! That is so cool!

My sister is the type to go on the Teacups as many times in a row as she can. Good on you for holding them to once... I can't even manage that anymore!

I could be wrong but it sounds like you have a drama/theatre kid on your hands. I will proudly wear that badge. Drama/theatre was my thing growing up and in high school, too! I was always a performer/entertainer and I pretty much still do it to an extent, today. :)

Heh, you might be right, though at this point he insists he wants to grow up to be behind the camera. He says he wants to be a director and likes to watch behind the scenes making of features and makes little movies in his room with his toys and his iPad lol. At his parent teacher conference, his teachers told me he organized some of his classmates into a film-makers club. :confused3 I'm with you, though. He is a big ole ham. ;)

That is awesome that Alice rode with the kids!! What a great pixie dust moment for you all. I am sure the kids still talk about it now.

I love the welcome show. The last couple of times I have been to the MK, we have missed it by minutes. This time we are not.

Yes, they do still talk about it! Along with one more pixie dust moment still to come. :)

I hope you are able to catch the welcome show on your next trip!!

DUH! No wonder I knew it was coming lol! I saw it on FB too :o Geez, and here I thought I was just really smart and intuitive.......

And no idea why it quoted wrong. I must be new at this :D

Lol, no reason you can't be smart and intuitive AND have found out about Alice on FB. ;)

Oh my goodness, the Alice meet is quite possibly one of the more magical things I've ever seen! That is so cool!

My sister is the type to go on the Teacups as many times in a row as she can. Good on you for holding them to once... I can't even manage that anymore!

So magical! :goodvibes And ugh, I can never do the teacups more than once ever again. Once both of my kids are 7 they can ride it over and over to their hearts' content while I sit on a nearby bench...[/QUOTE]

What an amazing moment for your kids to have that experience with Alice. I love that. Some people might have been annoyed but your kids were dressed up and I can say that I have never seen any kid dressed up as Hatter so they totally deserved to have that magical/pixie dust moment. :)

One of my coworkers MIL works at DW as the character trainer. Teaches them how to sign their names, walk, talk, and basically become their character so whenever my coworker goes to Disney her MIL arranges to have her grandkids ride Aladdins Magic Carpets with Jasmine and Aladdin, they have story time with the Beast and Belle, Take a ride with Peter and Tink on Peter Pan, etc. She says it's terrible embarrassing because she gets death stares from other parents and hears kids ask why they can't ride with them. She also said her kids have no clue that they are getting moments that other people could only dream of happening. I can honestly say I am terribly jealous of her. ;)

I can't go on the teacups. Just watching my kids ride makes me nauseous. Thankfully my younger brother has a stronger stomach and was able to take them on and now they are old enough to go on there own.

You got some really good photopass pics too on the way to Buzz.

Love the ride with Alice. That is totally priceless. The kids deserved it though with there awesome costumes. We still haven't eaten dinner at Ohana. It looks good. Maybe next summer.

What an amazing moment for your kids to have that experience with Alice. I love that. Some people might have been annoyed but your kids were dressed up and I can say that I have never seen any kid dressed up as Hatter so they totally deserved to have that magical/pixie dust moment. :)

One of my coworkers MIL works at DW as the character trainer. Teaches them how to sign their names, walk, talk, and basically become their character so whenever my coworker goes to Disney her MIL arranges to have her grandkids ride Aladdins Magic Carpets with Jasmine and Aladdin, they have story time with the Beast and Belle, Take a ride with Peter and Tink on Peter Pan, etc. She says it's terrible embarrassing because she gets death stares from other parents and hears kids ask why they can't ride with them. She also said her kids have no clue that they are getting moments that other people could only dream of happening. I can honestly say I am terribly jealous of her. ;)

I can't go on the teacups. Just watching my kids ride makes me nauseous. Thankfully my younger brother has a stronger stomach and was able to take them on and now they are old enough to go on there own.

You got some really good photopass pics too on the way to Buzz.

What a great connection your co-worker has! I understand the death stares lol. There were other kids calling out to Alice as she rode the teacups with my kids and I'm sure some parents had to deal with their own kiddos asking about why they couldn't ride with her. I am trying to make sure my kids understand how special the magical moments they get really are. They just got lucky that they happen to have a grandma who sews and is a Disney fan!

What an amazing moment with Alice! Your kids will remember that forever!

We're still reeling! I imagine that they will. :)

Love the ride with Alice. That is totally priceless. The kids deserved it though with there awesome costumes. We still haven't eaten dinner at Ohana. It looks good. Maybe next summer.

Thanks! I would say 'Ohana is definitely worth trying once. It was pretty good, but also pretty pricey. We'll probably go back, but not every time.

Sorry I have been away for so long! Over the last couple of weeks I successfully proposed my dissertation and submitted my applications for the internship year required for me to complete my Ph.D. It has been crazy stressful and I am thrilled to be on the other side of it now so I can refocus on what really matters - Disney! :P

Day 11 – June 16: Magic Kingdom, Part 2

After our morning magic with Alice we planned to scratch off a couple more characters from our list. First up was Merida in Fairytale Garden. She’s always fun and the kids like the little archery activity they have at her meet.

MK_FAIRYTALEGARDENCHAR_7717867431.jpeg

Next it was back to one of my favorite areas in WDW. I think the Beauty and the Beast section of New Fantasyland is so well done. I immediately feel like I’ve stepped into the movie when I enter it and, as a huge BatB fan, it’s a pretty awesome feeling. First up in the area was a quick stop for a refreshing drink.

He uses antlers in all of his decorating.

20160616_101505.jpg

Mmm LeFou’s Brew. We got a couple of them and downed those suckers as we waited to meet the main man himself.

20160616_095354.jpg

Alex actually has a Gaston costume, but we didn’t bring it this time. Here he is in it on our 2015 trip.

IMG_0466.jpg

This time we decided to Disneybound and just stick him in a Gaston shirt and Cora in a yellow shirt to represent Belle. Gaston got it. ;) This is consistently one of my favorite meets. The line goes pretty quickly too, as I am entertained in line just by watching his interactions with other people. Of course, he and the kids had to talk/compare muscles.

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7717921007.jpeg

He asked Alex to do him two favors when he saw Belle: 1. Tell him if Belle mentions him and 2. Mention him.

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7717923397.jpeg

Cora’s actually got some decent guns herself.

20160616_101355.jpg

Next up it was time for another costume change – yes we are crazy! This is also why we didn’t bother with the Gaston costume this time – we are crazy, but have our limits.

20160616_113408.jpg

After we changed, we used the FP+ we had booked for Peter Pan’s Flight, then headed over to get in line to meet Peter Pan. We had never met him before and the kids had been begging to so we made of point of making it happen this trip. The line was already pretty long when we got there, but we went ahead and got in anyway. When the photopass photographer came out in advance of Peter Pan, we were surprised to see that it was the same one who had been with Alice that morning! She recognized us and expressed disbelief that we were at another meet with a second set of costumes (I told you, crazy). She pulled the kids out of line and did a mini photo shoot with them while we waited, which was so so nice of her.

MK_PETEPANFLGHT_7718041912.jpeg

MK_PETEPANFLGHT_7718043699.jpeg

She also got some great shots for us when we got to the actual meet. Peter himself was a lot of fun too. Glad we did this one!

MK_PETEPANFLGHT_7718076849.jpeg

MK_PETEPANFLGHT_7718077928.jpeg

20160616_122520.jpg

Next up were obligatory attempts to pull the sword from the stone. No dice. I do enjoy the kids’ straining faces, though.

20160616_122951-1.jpg

20160616_123000.jpg

Stuffed into our bags with the costumes were also the kids’ Nick and Judy dolls, as this was the day we had actually planned to see the Move it Shake it parade. Even though we had accidentally caught it earlier in the trip they wanted to see it again because it’s the only way to see Nick and Judy. So we stood in the scorching heat again. While we were standing there, another photopass photographer came up and just snapped a random shot of the kids and handed me a card. I don’t know if this is some new thing they’re doing or we just always missed it in the past, but I liked it.

MK_TOMORMISIDIPIROVER_7718090598.jpeg

They’ve got the moves.

Finally, we had one more character meet on our agenda before taking our mid-day break – Tinkerbell. As we walked through the park various CMs stopped Cora and told her she’d better not let Tinkerbell see her dressed as Wendy. As soon as we walked in, Tink scrunched up her face and made a fuss about the arrival of the Wendy bird. They made up pretty quickly, though there was a bit of fighting over Peter Pan. ;)

20160616_125607.jpg

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7718120353.jpeg

20160616_125735.jpg

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7718120367.jpeg

Break time!

Up next: the longest wait of the trip…maybe of my life…

Nice to see you around here again and congrats on getting all that work done & being closer to finishing your Ph.D :thumbsup2 As you said that's all well and good, but you know - Disney ::yes::

As usual I love the costumes and also I think it's great that CM's pay attention to the kids when they're wearing them. It shows that not all the CM's are miserable in their jobs nowadays and there are still a good many who enjoy being there and get into the spirit of things. Merida is one of my favorites, and I still remember being so excited for Ricky to meet Peter for the very first time back when he was 5.......
The picture of Cora and Tink fighting over "Peter" is awesome!

Ah, Nick and Judy. I LOVE Zootopia so much! I am making it a point to see Move It, Shake It when we're down there in 11 days! And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous that they're meeting at MVMCP this year and there aren't any parties during the week we're there. If there was, I'd definitely pay the $ just to meet them!

First off - welcome back!! And CONGRATS!!!! I'm so glad all went well with the dissertation! I don't know much about the whole Ph.D process...but good luck getting the internship you want??

Secondly - Will, at 2.5 years old, has asked to meet Peter Pan (he is a little obsessed). So I looked on KtP today and saw that he does indeed meet (backed up by your experience). I thought I remembered he did, but I wasn't certain. Hopefully he still will in June 2017. My question is, how early did you line up for him? I'm assuming you used KtP times? I want to make sure we get there early enough to not wait in too much of a line but then again I don't want to wait too long for him to come out either...lol.

He also mentioned meeting Elena, even though we do not watch the show...lol. I'm going to push for Gaston for sure, though!

Love all the outfits/costumes. Great meets and great pp photos! I think we will try for the Move It, Shake it parade if its still there June 2017. I seem to remember it running fairly early in the day. Does it have multiple times?

The Tink meet was awesome and the Sword in the Stone photos are so funny! Great update!

Congrats on the dissertation and good luck with the internships! It must be surreal to be almost done!

Those are some awesome pictures of the character meets! I adore the one of Cora and Tink fighting over Alex--that's such a hilarious shot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter