12/20/07 Christmas Cruise 2007 (Updated DIS cruisers list)

Looking at the Mediterranean prices, doesn't the Christmas Cruise on the Magic seem a bargain by comparison?

I've read some grumbling about the "new" style navigators on the Magic the past couple weeks--DSIL was on the 3/25 but didn't say anything about them. She might not have noticed, she hadn't been on board since our first Wonder cruise, all together, back in 5/02.

Starting my 600 + days of antici....(say it!) PATION! (bonus points for those who identify the source of that phrase). Bought a never worn DCL polo short via ebay last week, that makes three different polo shirts I now own, along w/ two different DCL t-shirts, so add in my tux for formal night and my clothes are just about set for the cruise. And bought new water shoes (speedo brand) at costco recently.

So, where will we be on Xmas day? St. Maarten? I know the church holidays are big in the islands, but I'm assuming things will be open and activities going on...the cruise ships and tourism is the life-blood of the islands, after all. Am I wrong about that? Well, we've been to St. Maarten for a week at the Divi in 2000 and on three cruises since then, so it is a comfortable and familiar island to us. I'm assuming it will be too cool to swim at castaway cay (as it was for two visits to CC in January on prior cruises) but still a lovely day on the island for DW and DS (11 at the time of the cruise) and myself. Better than traffic in Atlanta (I mention the traffic, but love it here and I have one of the best commutes of anyone in the city, 4.7 miles, opposite traffic on I-75, I have gotten home in 6 minutes if the red light outside our building is hit just right) even if it rains (experienced that, a CC rain out day, docked there last April).

I think Inkkognito's/barb & tony's site has the christmas menu for those looking to see it.

Can we join in the fun??

My housemate and I are booked on the Christmas Eastern Cruise as well!! :banana: Just two "wild and crazy guys" looking to escape the Michigan winter! This will be our very first cruise.

We were originally booked on the four-night Wonder for Christmas '07, but there was just too much that we wanted to do when all was said and done. As a suprise, I upgraded our Cat 8 that we had on the Wonder to a Cat 5 on the Magic. (How I am going to keep this a secret from the roomate for 20 months I have no idea... :teeth: )

logan-- I have the same worry about St. Maartin not bring "open" so to speak on Christmas day. Can any of the experience Christmas cruisers give us some insight?? I think we were planning on just a beach and shopping day there anyhow, but we might go further afield if things will be open.

I just can't wait!

Hi there, Logan. I've found Christmas Navigator's on Barb's site, but no menus. Not to worry - I don't think I'll be cancelling because I think I'd eat chicken fingers and fries on Christmas if it meant I was on a cruise and relaxing to a new holiday routine!

We just booked 12/22/07 while on board last week's western. It will be our third DCL cruise.

It will be myself, DH, and DD (who will be 12).

We booked Christmas 2007 while onboard last month for spring break. With the 10% discount, it's not much more than the spring break cruise was. We have 2 Cat. 9's for DH, myself, DS15, DD12 and grandma. We've convinced (it wasn't very hard) my brother-in-law and sister-in-law to come too with their families. We're planning on surprising my in-laws with a cruise. Due to their health issues, I'm not sure if it's going to work, but my fingers and toes are crossed. While we've taken my mother along on several trips, my in-laws aren't able to come along very often. With the kids getting older, it's now or never. Glad to see that a thread has been started already. It makes it seem closer.

I have the same question about St. Maarten and Christmas day. I am assuming they will move Pirate night to another night like they did on our NYE Wonder Cruise. Otherwise I thinbk it would be Christmas and Pirate Night together.

We had a wonder NYE dinner and expect that Disney Would do the same for Christmas. We saw on CC on both NYE and New Years day this year. The water was warmer in Dec that it was 2 weeks ago. I suspect it just depends on their weather.

The menu IS at Barb & Tony's site, click on menus, click on dinner menus, and there it is.

Can't put a link to it here, rules of the board.

Looking forward to the cruise. Though temporarily distracted by booking an RCI Mariner Cruise for Spring Break 2008 and making hotel reservations for the night before the Sovereign of the Seas this Xmas.

With the Saturday departure, I expect to only be driving as far as Jax from ATL on Friday--won't traffic be a nightmare through ATL!--after school lets out, work wraps up (pretty much for the year, I suppose), etc. Then up early and a couple hours left on the interstate to paradise, a.k.a., the Disney Magic.

New Passporter arrived this week and we're already dreamily getting lost in the pages all over again, even though it will be our 5th DCL cruise (and even though it is our 2nd Passporter).

We're going too!

Just back from our 4/8 Western cruise and can't wait to be on the ship again. we had such a great time.

It will be me dh, dd(then 17) ds(then 15) and dd(then 9)

Lori

:wave2: Hi All...

Just thought I'd say hi and see how everyone is doing.

We will be going to WDW this coming July/August...can't wait! :thumbsup2 I am a thinkin' it'll be rain ponchos and tank tops :lmao:

Anyone else have any WDW plans in the near future?

RonnieJo66 said:

We will be going to WDW this coming July/August...can't wait! :thumbsup2 I am a thinkin' it'll be rain ponchos and tank tops :lmao:

We are heading to DL end of July (3rd trip this year)
WDW and DVC member cruise October 2006
Christmas in WDW December 2006 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

RonnieJo66 said:

I will be in WDW for sure the first week of January for marathon weekend (well, week-- parks before and parks after).

I am hoping to go down for Food and Wine Fest and MNSSHP for a weekend in October, but that all depends on whether or not I can find a deal. Christmas cruising, she is not cheap. :)

Kevin (Solotraveler) :earsboy: :earsboy:

all 4boons are heading to VBR the end of May with 3boons moving on to SSR@WDW for the 1st week+ of June.

The Santa Sail 2007 looked so far away, we had to book a 3 day for January 4-7, 2007 just to hold us over. We have spent 38 days on the Magic but never been on the Wonder. Booked SSR@WDW for Dec. 31, 2006 - Jan. 3, 2007 before we transfer to the Wonder on the 4th.

My sisters are not going to be happy. One nephew gets married in AZ the 1st part of Dec. A Neice gets married in Houston 2 weeks later and I book a trip to WDW. I think they will understand. :3dglasses

now have made the RCI ressies for spring break 2008, and have the quickie 3 nighter on the sovereign this 12/26, a year before the Xmas Magic cruise, so I've got cruises booked for 3 different calendar years currently. Looking forward to them all, but one will be the most special...this one on the Magic.

Still, I chose to cruise on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan instead of the Mariner out of Port Canaveral for 2008 since the Mariner would be the nearly identical itinerary just 4 months after Disney--so added Aruba and Curacao by going on the Adventure. Reminds me of the nice aspect of multiple ships and more variety and choice of itinerary, and choice that exists most weeks, not just a few special sailings at premium prices.

Just thought I would give us a much-needed bump!!

Only 583 days til "The Jollyest Cruise that Ever Sailed!!" :yay:

What could be better than this :confused3

:rolleyes1 Um, nuthin'

:woohoo: :banana: Christmas with The Mouse!!!!! :banana: :woohoo:

hi all,

just booked the xmas cruise 07. this will be our second disney cruise first with our children it will (me,dw,ds10 at time of cruise and ds3 at time of cruise), also this will be our second cruise with Rj, and Beano. they are the greatest and funniest people i have ever met,they made are first cruise so magical and so relaxing i will never forget it. Rj and Beano just remember all those late nights in rockin bar d(ymca And 80's night ) they were the best

just booked this cruise -- my DW is not convinced to not be home for the holiday -- but I think DS(will be 17) and DS(will be 14) will win her over (once we tell them).

We went on 3-night Wonder in April -- booked a 7-night western while on board. Now that I'm home, the thought of being pampered by Disney at Christmas was more than I could resist ...

have I been bitten by the DCL bug?

:banana: Yeah Tiggerandpooh :banana:

Sean: Hey buddy! It's gonna be your turn to get out there with Tarzanman and Beano for the YMCA challenge :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Linda, Ophie and I will watch, film and laugh at you :lmao: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter