11 Days of Deluxe Dining - Updated 7/20 Dessert Party - final update

DisDreamsAshley

Mouseketeer
Hello! Welcome to my first Dining Report....and trip report of any kind actually!

So here's us. Aren't we adorable? :)

Abraq.jpg

Now for some small introductions so that you know who we are!

I'm Ashley. This was my 8th trip to The World. I find an unhealthy level of enjoyment and fun with scheduling and rescheduling ADRs for our trips. I make spreadsheets, read reviews, look at pictures, and read more reviews to determine just where we will be dining for every single meal. I pretty much like everything except cooked cauliflower...it smells funny. ::rolleyes2:: And I'll try just about anything at least once, and I love me some dessert

My awesome DH is Chuck. This was his 4th trip to Disney. He's less of a planner and more of a wing it guy. The moment our plane lands in Florida, he's busy cancelling and rearranging my ADRs I so carefully planned. He changes his mind every day on where we should eat the next, but he does take my massive knowledge of Dis reviews in mind when decided where we shall go! ::yes:: He's much more a safe eater than I am, and he absolutely hates onions...except onion rings for some reason. He doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, and prefers appetizers to desserts.

So now that you know us a little better. Here is where we dined at this trip!

Liberty Tree Tavern
Hollywood Brown Derby
Yak & Yeti
Kona
Fulton's
Le Cellier x2
Nine Dragons
California Grill
Ohana
Yak and Yeti
Narcoossee's
Be Our Guest
Be Our Guest - lunch
Be Our Guest
Main Street Bakery and Min & Bill's
T-Rex
Tutto Italia
MK Dessert Party

Can't wait for your review on your meals. I have always wanted to do one, just too scared that no one may like it.:confused3...anywhoo, you are both adorable!

Subbing:goodvibes
You two look absolutely wonderful and I am excited as I too live for desserts:thumbsup2

count me in too!! Can't wait to read your reviews.... you did a bunch of restaurants that we're going to be trying for the first time, so I'm excited about seeing how you liked them. popcorn::

Well hello everyone! Thank you for agreeing with our adorableness. :yay: I'm so excited to have people reading along!

Every trip we do the same thing on the first day. We check in at our hotel, Chuck naps while I unpack, and then we go eat dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern before Wishes. This time was no different. DH loves LTT. He is always super hungry from the long travel day, and it's all you can eat.

First of course is the salad. Now I love the dressing they put on the salad. DH however always forgets that they put onions on their salad, so he never remembers to get it without, and never eats any then. They did bring some rolls with honey butter as well, but they were a bit hard this time around.

QeMARAml.jpg

Next came out the sides and meats. Each time we go the sides are different. This time was my least favorite. They had some sort of warm greens, and these root vegetables. I liked the greens just fine, but Chuck found them a bit bitter. He didn't care for the root vegetables. I liked them and thought they were seasoned well.

daBfbVWl.jpg

hMFQgwHl.jpg

Of course I didn't get a picture of the mashed potatoes or mac & cheese. I think DH had already dove into those before I could remind him that we take pictures of Disney food! But for the record, I love their mac & cheese.

The meats were super yummy and cooked just right. I love the turkey and pork and found them very flavorful and tender. Chuck loves the steak, but I thought it was a little tough. He's a steak kinda guy as you'll find out along this report. Put a cow in front of him and he's one happy guy!

uUmmulFl.jpg

By time we got the dessert we were both super stuffed so we only had a few bites of the Johnny Appleseed Cake. It's not chocolate, but I still think it's yummy! Our cake had a lot of cranberries in it this time though, just a little too much, but we only had a few bites.

XjQ01WMl.jpg

Our service here was pretty good. I think our servers name was Julie. I'm awful with names. I wrote it down and lots of notes in a notebook, but I seem to have misplaced it. She was very friendly and chatty, and brought out our food fairly quickly. Getting our check seemed to take forever, which we noticed as a trend this trip unfortunately.

Up next: The Brown Derby

You're off to a great start and I'm looking forward to reading more:cool1:

I love dinner at LTT and now I want to go back!!

Terri

Great start!!! I loved those root veggies when we were there in December. I think the greens are broccoli rabe...very bitter! They taste great on a pork sandwich with some garlic, though!!

Anyhow, I digress, can't wait to read more! Your list of dining spots is awesome!!

Looking forward to more! Great start. Luv LTT turkey dinner at lunch. So I guess I would like dinner too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter