11 Days of Deluxe Dining - Updated 7/20 Dessert Party - final update

That night we had 'Ohana for dinner. This is DH's absolute favorite place to eat. Sometimes we even eat here twice a trip! We had several pineapples full of booze, and enjoyed the food before heading to the MK. I didn't take pictures of all of the meats for some reason, but just of the sides and the shrimp. Probably because I only really eat the shrimp here.

xULdzfjl.jpg

oYMYgt5l.jpg

4RttSIZl.jpg

2do6GDBl.jpg

niqRKMSl.jpg

mJ5V37pl.jpg

The bread pudding is absolutely my favorite thing here. Luckily, since DH doesn't care for sweets, I always get a little more than my share....if I remember to save room! :)

Great updates! That seafood curry dish at Yak and Yeti really looks delicious, I may just have to try that next time. ::yes::

Thanks so much for sharing, looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Great updates. The Dragon Roll from Cali Grill looks amazing. So disappointed that they will be closed when we go in May.

Great updates. The Dragon Roll from Cali Grill looks amazing. So disappointed that they will be closed when we go in May.

We are headed back to the World in just a couple of weeks, and I was really disappointed the Cali Grill would be closed. It's one of my favorites. I was even MORE disappointed, because DH read something about the main sushi chef retiring. I don't know if that's true or not, but I hope it doesn't affect their sushi menu too much!

Next up, is our new favorite place to eat in the World. I'd been asking Chuck to try Narcoossee's for awhile now, and since we were on the deluxe plan, he finally agreed! Yay!

They had super awesome service. We ended up running late. Chuck and I split up at the MK so he could go grab our daily dose of cards before dinner. He was able to hope a boat to the GF, while I was on the monorail, which ended up getting stopped at the CR for a bit. They were really nice about it. We also told out service right at the beginning that they didn't need to pace things for us. We were trying to make the MVMCP that night, and in our experience the 2 credit table service places took a long time. She made sure our meal was at a fairly good speed without rushing us. She was awesome!\

North Carolina Buttermilk-fried Oysters
Buttery Brioche, Southern Apple Slaw, and "Red Rooster" Rémoulade
eYmbmUEl.jpg

I was surprised when DH ordered this, it's not his usual thing. But it was devine. The Oysters were almost buttery, and so soft. It was delicious.

Artisanal Cheeses
Five tasting portions from around the world with accompaniments
WKiE6Yvl.jpg

I was still a little full from lunch, so I got something smaller for an appetizer. I enjoyed this very much.

Butter-poached Maine Lobster Tail with Grilled Black Angus New York Strip
JhA7gADl.jpg

In DH's steak theme....he got a steak! :) He said it was well cooked and very yummy.

Two-Pound Steamed Maine Lobster
Yukon Gold Potato and Applewood-smoked Bacon Gratin, Baby Brussels Sprouts, Turnips, Carrots, and Caramelized Red Pearl Onions
4aICat4l.jpg

This was very tasty. I love lobster. The veggies were good, and the potato gratin was very yummy. I'd most certainly get this again.

Baked Chocolate Mousse
served Warm and Chocolaty with Bourbon-Caramel Sauce and Whipped Cream
JFAtZ3jl.jpg

Chuck was in heaven with this dessert. He proclaimed it the best dessert in Disney. He loves chocoloate mousse, or chocolate lava cakes, so this was right up his alley. It was rich, and very creamy and delicious.

Coconut and Chocolate Crème Brûlée
Layered Coconut and Chocolate with Whipped Chantilly Cream and Toasted Coconut
lCKddrUl.jpg

I however disagreed with Chuck. CLEARLY, this was the best dessert in Disney! I love my creme brulees and this was the best I've had. It was so yummy! My only regret was that I was too stuffed to eat it all!

Like I said, this is our new favorite. We've already gotten reservations to eat here again on our upcoming trip and I am looking oh so forward to it. One thing I was nervous about, was the dress code. I dislike dressing up at Disney for meals. We are normally in the parks right before or after, so dress clothes aren't the most practical for that. I wore khakis this night, and Chuck wore jeans. We both had on nice shirts since we were going to the party...and we were over dressed here. People were there in shorts and tanks. I felt comfortable with what we were wearing, but now I know there's no need to fancy it up! :)

Ok, your Narcoossee's review just made me made a reservation for August! I wasn't going to do any Signatures but we discovered Narcoossee's last August and it became one of our favorites as well. I think Cali Grill will always be my favorite but since it is being refurbed, Narcoossee's will have to fill in!

I'm happy to hear that the dress is pretty relaxed. I'm taking my mom here and she doesn't really do fancy. I told her a nice top and capris would be fine. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed it so much. Reviews are all over the place on this restaurant, but I want us to see Wishes and this is the best opportunity.
Your DH's app looks fantastic! I might have to get that :)

Ashley, I have really enjoyed reading your reviews tonight, and the wonderful pictures. Keep it up. It sounds like you have another trip coming soon, so you need to finish this up.:flower3:

Next up, is our new favorite place to eat in the World. I'd been asking Chuck to try Narcoossee's for awhile now, and since we were on the deluxe plan, he finally agreed! Yay!

They had super awesome service. We ended up running late. Chuck and I split up at the MK so he could go grab our daily dose of cards before dinner. He was able to hope a boat to the GF, while I was on the monorail, which ended up getting stopped at the CR for a bit. They were really nice about it. We also told out service right at the beginning that they didn't need to pace things for us. We were trying to make the MVMCP that night, and in our experience the 2 credit table service places took a long time. She made sure our meal was at a fairly good speed without rushing us. She was awesome!\

North Carolina Buttermilk-fried Oysters
Buttery Brioche, Southern Apple Slaw, and "Red Rooster" Rémoulade
eYmbmUEl.jpg

I was surprised when DH ordered this, it's not his usual thing. But it was devine. The Oysters were almost buttery, and so soft. It was delicious.

Artisanal Cheeses
Five tasting portions from around the world with accompaniments
WKiE6Yvl.jpg

I was still a little full from lunch, so I got something smaller for an appetizer. I enjoyed this very much.

Butter-poached Maine Lobster Tail with Grilled Black Angus New York Strip
JhA7gADl.jpg

In DH's steak theme....he got a steak! :) He said it was well cooked and very yummy.

Two-Pound Steamed Maine Lobster
Yukon Gold Potato and Applewood-smoked Bacon Gratin, Baby Brussels Sprouts, Turnips, Carrots, and Caramelized Red Pearl Onions
4aICat4l.jpg

This was very tasty. I love lobster. The veggies were good, and the potato gratin was very yummy. I'd most certainly get this again.

Baked Chocolate Mousse
served Warm and Chocolaty with Bourbon-Caramel Sauce and Whipped Cream
JFAtZ3jl.jpg

Chuck was in heaven with this dessert. He proclaimed it the best dessert in Disney. He loves chocoloate mousse, or chocolate lava cakes, so this was right up his alley. It was rich, and very creamy and delicious.

Coconut and Chocolate Crème Brûlée
Layered Coconut and Chocolate with Whipped Chantilly Cream and Toasted Coconut
lCKddrUl.jpg

I however disagreed with Chuck. CLEARLY, this was the best dessert in Disney! I love my creme brulees and this was the best I've had. It was so yummy! My only regret was that I was too stuffed to eat it all!

Like I said, this is our new favorite. We've already gotten reservations to eat here again on our upcoming trip and I am looking oh so forward to it. One thing I was nervous about, was the dress code. I dislike dressing up at Disney for meals. We are normally in the parks right before or after, so dress clothes aren't the most practical for that. I wore khakis this night, and Chuck wore jeans. We both had on nice shirts since we were going to the party...and we were over dressed here. People were there in shorts and tanks. I felt comfortable with what we were wearing, but now I know there's no need to fancy it up! :)

omg, this looks fantastic

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been a bit since my last update. We went back the The World in April, and the life just kinda got in the way. But Now I'm back at it! With a BoG triple update!

Since it was brand new, and we managed to snag two reservations, we decided to eat dinner here twice so we could try different things. We also ate here for lunch one day. Let's start with the first visit, which is dinner with our friends. :yay:

We got our beeper and waited quite a bit on the bridge. I don't remember what time our ADR's were for, but we were hoping to get out before Wishes, and I think we JUUUUST made it. One of the waiters was running back and forth from the check in booth to the castle. He joked around with us lots, talking about how good looking he was since he was french. We ran into him every visit to BoG, and he remembered us each time!

Here's our awesome selves waiting in anticipation. Ingrid's favorite princess is Belle, so she was super excited!
0HQ7DaEl.jpg

We were blown away by the theming. I know y'all have probably seen absolutely TONS of pictures from the castle, so I'll spare you and only include a few here or there. :rolleyes:
TkaRXpel.jpg

I really super wanted to try the meat plate. Since we were on the dinning plan, I had to get Chuck to agree to it, even though it's not his thing. But of course he did! I really enjoyed it, he thought it was ok, but wouldn't order it again. Our friends got the same thing.
Assorted Cured Meats and Sausages served with cornichons, pickled onions, and toasted baguette (serves two) $14.99
gyd1UItl.jpg

For Chuck's entree, he got...what else, the steak. Did I mention yet that he figured out he had steak at least once a day on this trip? That boy was in meat heaven! He enjoyed this steak, but it wasn't his favorite. He didn't like the french fries. I believe Ingrid had this as well, and enjoyed it also.
Grilled Strip Steak - with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites $29.99
kx0BOurl.jpg

My gut said order the salmon, because well I love salmon. But the waitress recommended the shrimp and scallops. Uhg. I hated it. The more I ate, the more I hated it. It wasn't terribly warm either. I would for sure not order this again.
Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops - with seasonal vegetables served in puff pastry with a creamy lobster sauce $22.99
kx0BOurl.jpg

Elmer got the surprise of the night, and ordered the pork chop. IT. WAS. DELICIOUS!
Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop - with au gratin macaroni, seasonal vegetables and red wine au jus $21.99
ZvutoMdl.jpg

As you know, I'm a self proclaimed sweet treats person. I won't lie. I'm disappointed that cupcakes are the desserts here. But none the less, here's a few pics. :) I had the lemon one tonight, and it was yummy. We also tried the strawberry, chocolate, and the chocolate cream puff, which Chuck loved.
I8Yq9kQl.jpg

9OLc9R4l.jpg

drOQ5vil.jpg

pfJX6Gal.jpg

ys4xDsFl.jpg

o5tc3u1l.jpg

The Master of the castle came out and greeted us several times. It was a pretty slow service, and our waitress was less than attentive. But, the place had literally just opened a week or two before, and we could tell they were all still learning a bit. I did find the ballroom, where we ate, to be extremely crowded and a little closer than I'd like to be to our neighboring tables. Obviously I'd go back...since we did later in the trip. :P

BOG Round Two!

So later in our trip, we were hanging out in the MK, and hungry. Lunch service had just started and we decided to check BOG's wait time. They said it was about 50 minutes, and it started out by the check in booth. We decided to wait, well I did, and Chuck would go do a few rounds of Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom. I was to text him when I got half way across the bridge. Well that took like 10 minutes. I texted him, and called, but he didn't hear his phone. I ended up waiting at the front door for him. Our total wait to get in was about 20 minutes, and 5 of that was waiting at the end of him!

The quick service was neat, and different. We got to eat in the art gallery room, which was closed both nights we were here for dinner. We got our little rose and receipt, and went and found a good table.
VB4HfTVl.jpg

A nice lady saw me snappy about a billion pictures and offered to take ours. Isn't that sweet!
E02Gg3hl.jpg

So at this point in our trip we had some extra credits and decided to get 3 meals here just to sample things. My choice was the Croque Monsieru. It was good. But just good. There wasn't much cheese, and it was pretty dry.
Croque Monsieur - Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese, and bechamel with Pommes Frites. $10.99
WL8Ms7Ql.jpg

We also got the Steak Sandwich. Chuck thought it was pretty good. It was a bit chewy for my liking.
Grilled Steak Sandwich - with garlic butter spread and pommes frites $11.99
WL8Ms7Ql.jpg

And lastly, we got the turkey sandwich. The meat was dry and neither of us liked this one.
Carved Turkey Sandwich - served on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise and Pomme Frites $10.99
kZk5Wn5l.jpg

We had some of those cupcakes and cream puffs from the earlier post for dessert. I think I tried the passion fruit one and didnt finish it. There was also a lemon one that I liked.
Carved Turkey Sandwich - served on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise and Pomme Frites $10.99

We decided we wouldn't NOT go back here, but it's not going to be our first trip.

So I left you with 2/3 of our BOG updates. So here the last one. I think the was the last night of our trip too. We had several credits to burn for our dinning plan so we ended up getting 3 meals just so we could sample things.

Chuck got the muscles for his appetizer. He loves muscles and said these were pretty good.
Mussels Provencal - with white wine, tomato, garlic, onion, basil and butter $10.99
rjiXKBRl.jpg

I got the seasonal salad trio. It was OK. I normally love watermelon, but I didn't really care for the combination with the radishes. The green beans and tomatoes were ok, but the beet salad, that's where it's at! I could eat a whole big bowl of it!
Seasonal Salad Trio $6.99
wGZS49sl.jpg

We also got the leek soup. It was creamy and pretty good. Nothing we'd normally order however.
Potato Leek Soup $5.99
wlajDLJl.jpg

For the entrees Chuck got steak again, and we got the pork for our extra meal. Since I already posted pictures of those I won't again.

I however got something different, unlike my steak loving hubby. I got the Cornish hen. Honestly...I found it terribly bland.
Rotisserie Cornish Hen - with roasted fingerling potatoes and seasonal vegetables $15.99
YZ6ml6Fl.jpg

Chuck also tried the fruit punch. It was pretty tasty :)
Qfzz2CCl.jpg

We had more cupcakes for dessert. Chuck tried the passion fruit cream puff. He didn't really care for it and much preferred the chocolate one he had a few nights before.

PXzoHG8l.jpg

Up next we've got a couple of our favorite quick service places. First is the Main Street Bakery! We love to go here first thing in the morning for a quick bite to eat before heading to attractions. Now, I'm not quite sure how that's gonna work now with the Starbucks being in there and all, but I guess we'll see when we go back in December!

Chuck always gets a breakfast sandwich with egg, ham and cheese. I've never had one but he says it's your regular run of the mill breakfast sandwich.
Woy1knPl.jpg

This is what I always get....er got. A delicious, oozing, icing covered cinnamon roll. My go to breakfast. I'll have to decide if it's worth the walk back to Gaston's Tavern or not next trip. This is one of my favorite things at the MK!
AhDuckIl.jpg

Next up is our go to lunch at Hollywood Studios. We always go to Min and Bill's Dockside Diner.

We always get chicken caesar salad subs with frozen lemonade for me, and a chocolate shake for Chuck. We also got a chocolate chip cookie this go around.

L6ZSpFAl.jpg

KkRxVzFl.jpg

dXZVr8Cl.jpg

Anywho, we didn't visit many quick service on this trip since we did Deluxe Dinning, but these are our favorites that we can't miss!

Honey, you are a girl after my own stomach. Everything looks SO delicious. Thanks so much for the reviews!

One afternoon Ingrid and I were talking and we decided we both wanted to try T-Rex in DTD. The boys didn't seem to care, and Chuck and I needed to make a shopping trip anyways. So we headed over to meet our friends in DTD.

We were able to do a walk up at T-Rex. We only had to wait about 20 mins I think. I love how T-Rex is themed. My favorite area was the big ice cave that changed colors.

p07bic1l.jpg

T-Rexadillas - Chicken, peppers, green onions, Monterey jack and cheddar cheeses grilled in flour tortillas and served with pico de gallo, sour cream and guacamole $10.59
6LLegRQl.jpg

I love me some quesadillas, so of course I got these. They were really yummy, but it was a lot of food so Chuck and I shared. :)

Colosso Nachos - Seasoned beef, pico de gallo, black beans, green onions, cheddar cheese, queso sauce and sour cream $15.99
MsSYohJl.jpg

Our friends got the nachos.They said they were really good.

Boneyard Buffet - Fire-roasted Rotisserie Chicken and Mega Mes-O-Bones served with waffle fries and your choice of one of the following sides: garlic mashed potatoes, Raptor rice, baked beans, cinnamon apples, cole slaw or roasted vegetables $27.99
bhYpcRIl.jpg

Chuck got this. He said it was ok. The ribs were kinda dry, but he enjoyed them.

Gigantosaurus Burger - A true carnivore's delight. A second 100% beef patty added to the Bronto Burger with your choice of cheese. $16.99
QI2DUn7l.jpg

Ingrid got the burger I think. I don't remember any remarkable comments about it.

Cretaceous Chicken Fried Steak - Breaded sirloin steak, fried golden brown and served with country gravy, garlic mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables $19.99
kyhR4Vfl.jpg

Elmer got the chicken fried steak and I think he liked it. He ate all of it if I remember correctly.

4Yu7Fqkl.jpg

I got something that they were testing out, and wasn't on the menu just yet. It was called Margarita Salmon. It was really tasty. Although i wished instead of the black beans it would have been something like grilled veggies.

Meteor Bites - Warm chocolate and vanilla donut holes with powdered sugar. Served with caramel and chocolate sauces $8.99
wNWs8Rkl.jpg

Chuck and I got one of these to share, and so did Ingrid and Elmer. They were really good, and Chuck loves these types of things. My vaforite were the chocolate donuts dipped in chocolate sauce. YUM!

Over I liked T-Rex. I'd eat there again, but probably not if we are on the DxDP. Since each appetizer and desserts are shared we couldn't try multiple things like we did at other places, and I didn't think the price point warranted that.

9sEXWUTl.jpg

MzTso05l.jpg

Next up is our lunch at Tutto Italia. Now I really enjoyed it here, but Chuck just thought it was kinda meh. Up until this trip we'd been pretty anti-italian on our trips. I'm not sure why, as we love Italian food, and DH is Italian. I think we just thought it would be too heavy of meals, but since this we've eaten at some of the other Italian places, and love many of them.

RiCl7oYl.jpg

dXum0VNl.jpg

First came the olive oil and olives with bread. I loved the big olives. DH dislikes olives so he didn't try any, but he loved the bread. It was soft and warm and prefect for dipping in the oil.

Grand Antipasto Misto - generous platter of appetizers and Italian specialties, serves two $29
Coj1sMxl.jpg

I really wanted to try this so DH agreed. Since it was for two it used both of our appetizer credits. He didn't really care for it, except the cheeses. I loved every bit. It was very large and even with both of us, we didn't eat everything. By time our entrees came we weren't even that hungry anymore because this appetizer was so large!

Lasagna alla Bolognese - traditional preparation with Emilia-Romagna beef sauce, bechamel and parmesan $25
jwOD1Ycl.jpg

DH got lasagna, he figured it was a safe bet. He thought it was ok, but he's partial to mine. :upsidedow I thought it was super yummy.

Fettuccine Vecchia Roma - pancetta, parmesan cream $25.00
txPoPnLl.jpg

I had the fettuccine. And I thought it was amazingly delicious. It was very rich. It looks dry in the picture, but once you gave it a small stir it was fine.

Mocha Tiramisu - mascarpone cheese, espresso coffee, savoiardi biscuits and chocolate $9
x31MxWel.jpg

We both got the tiramisu for dessert. I mean it's one of our favorites, how could we NOT get it. It was delicious and everything a tiramisu should be. Creamy, chocolaty, filled with yummy mocha flavor.

The service was pretty decent. I had trouble understanding our waitress, but I kinda suck at understanding people with accents. :sad2: But I enjoyed it here. I thought it was pretty, and our food was very good. DH just thought it was ok, and as we plan our upcoming trip, he's not eager to go back. But I would!

gAlzMZbl.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!