11/1 Dream Sailing Not HOTHS and Not Very Merry Time

jktmom

Mouseketeer
We are sailing on the 11/1 sailing on the Dream which is the only non-themed cruise on the Dream until Christmas is over. Any thoughts on what other entertainment they might sub since they won’t have either holiday program to offer? Not sure if there is one cruise like this every year or not?

I’m 99% sure there is always a ‘regular’ one in between the seasons primarily because loading out Halloween super fast is complicated and loading in Christmas super fast is complicated and doing both in the same time is near impossible…

you may see some hints of Christmas but 99% of it will be the same type of sailing that happens Jan-September

And they might start building the gingerbread house while you're there! I'm not sure exactly when that starts, though.

And they might start building the gingerbread house while you're there! I'm not sure exactly when that starts, though.
5 years ago my wife and I were on the cruise without either Halloween or Christmas themes. And indeed, they were creating the gingerbread house in the atrium (behind some screens, but you could still see it).

In 2011 we did a B2B on the Dream, November 6-13. For the 2nd sailing, we had to officially vacate the ship and then get back on again. When we reboarded, they were hanging up Christmas decorations in the lobby/atrium area. It was amazing how fast they could get things done. They were done before lunch. I wanted to bring the whole crew back to my house! Anyway, that year they were putting up decorations on Nov 10.
The gingerbread house was finished by the end of our B2B. My mother was so enthralled with the whole thing. She took so many pictures of the gb house and with the chefs, that they invited her back behind the ropes and showed her everything they were doing. She passed away 2 years ago and the gb house onboard will always remind me of her. :sad::goodvibes:cloud9:

Yes…the next cruise following Halloween is the transition one for DCL which sucks because my Bday is 11/3 and half the time I am looking at the 4 night Dream, because I am an hour away and it’s easier to get off for the 4 night sailing, so I never end up sailing over my bday because of this 😩

5 years ago my wife and I were on the cruise without either Halloween or Christmas themes. And indeed, they were creating the gingerbread house in the atrium (behind some screens, but you could still see it).
We were also on a cruise in between Halloween and Christmas. They were also building the gingerbread house behind barriers. On our last full day they took down the
barriers and served us hot chocolate and gingerbread cookies.

Oooh! That’s exciting! I’ll keep my fingers Crossed that we get to see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter