11/01/03 Eastern Cruisers, I know you're out there!!!

Oh, I hope you can find them, but they can/will re-issue. I now have two sets due to our address mix-up! (maybe you can use one of mine? lol)

I hit Home Depot today and got our green Mickey heads; let the creativity begin - I'll report in on Monday on how it went. Also on Monday I'll send the final spreadsheet updates to all (and the Halloween one as well to the Radisson folks)

I did a dress try-on run tonight and feel pretty good about what I have planned/picked-out. DS's bday party is tomorrow a.m. and then I'm going to finish his costume and begin "official" packing.

dis4me:

Let us know as soon as you find your documents. I'm sure you'll find them but one added stress isn't something you need right now.

We are arriving at the port very early. We all are early risers and last year got very sick of sitting in the hotel room and waiting so we drove to the port to sit in the car and wait. Made no sense really but we were all just dying to see the ship. It seemed as if many of us are getting to the port early. We're going to wear our Mickey pins and hopefully others will too so we can have a mini DISmeet while we wait to board.

Anyone else planning on getting to the port early?

Great idea Sweetspot about having an unofficial Dismeet at the port. I know our friends and us will be there early. I went to Lowes to get green mickeys but they don't carry them. I had to take Nick's Jimmy Neutron and Tommy from Rugrats, both of which offered bright green colors. I just drew a Mickey on one and traced the others. they came out great.

Happy B-day to your son Deb. Hope his party was fun.

Any news yet on those docs, Dis4me?

also, I put a thread out for recent Navigators. Keep your eyes open.

tagall4:

You have to get the Mickey's at Home Depot. It's their exclusive line. I just printed out the green Mickey's that Masonpips sent to us with the DIS list. I have the Mickey paint chips but found it much easier to print, cut and put in the pin packing that I bought at AC Moore.

I hope you get some bite on the Navigator thread. Unfortunately this last trip was Western but I don't care. Just curious what has changed since the last Navigators posted. I suppose I could just wait until the cruise to find out but what fun would that be?

Tracy

Originally posted by CRenze
Brother Bear (brand new release November 1st!)
Veronica Guerin (new release)
Open Range
Cold Creek Manor
Under the Tuscan Sun
Jungle Book 2
Chicago
Finding Nemo
Lizzie McGuire Movie
Freaky Friday
Spy Kids 3-D
Pirates of the Carribbean
Holes
Bringing Down the House
Piglets Big Movie

Oh my gosh!!! It is going to be an effort to not spend the entire trip in the movie theaters... Does anyone know if the late shows are very crowded?

Hello everyone!

BroncoJoe-I went to see Lord of the Rings around 11:30 on our June of 2002 cruise and it was packed. Strange too because it was not over until 1:30 the next morning. We went about 15 minutes early and I know some people were sitting in the aisle and others just left due to no seats. I was not too interested in seeing it but thought it was a great time to check out a movie for free.

We have been on movie ban so we could see something new and are happy with the selections! I know last time other movies played in the room and we would turn it on while getting dressed and basically see the whole movie over a couple of days....not always in order but oh well!:D

We are planning to leave from WDW around 9 or 9:30 am should get us there pretty early and then DH can go return the car and join us in line. I will be wearing my lime green Mickey there too!

Now hopefully, the next two weeks will fly by and we will get to be cruisin' :boat:

Crisis averted LOL I found the docs Thank God. Now to focus on packing.

Dis4me - I just read your other thread. So glad you found them early. Ya know it was just a matter of time. Whew.

Haven't seen the thread I started for the navigators. I may have to bump it up. But I was reading the 10/11 live cruise thread. Maybe they'll have something for us. Didn't get a chance to read it all but will let you know. I also see the 10/18 live thread just started a few moments ago. I'll try to keep up on it.

Single Digit Dance!!!

WHEEEEE!

Where is everyone? This thread has been quiet, especially since reaching such an important milestone =)

:Pinkbounc

We are counting down the days and getting more excited. I'm trying to make sure we have everything we need. I have been going over the tip list. Has anyone ever rented a car on St. Maarten or St. Thomas? We are trying to decide what to do when we are in port.

Michelle:bounce: :boat:

grimgrinnin:

We seem to all be posting at this link lately:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?postid=4335953#post4335953

Glad you posted here to get it back to the front page again. I can't believe we will be leaving in a week.

JCLNJ:

We took a taxi in St. Thomas to Megan's Bay last year and we are taking a taxi to Coki Beach this year. We only had one place we wanted to go so the taxi was really fast, easy and inexpensive. We weren't impressed with St. Maarten so we plan on enjoying the empty ship while there.

What days do they do tea with Wendy and what times. I was trying to figure it out by the Navigators but got confused?

I checked the Navigators also and didn't find Tea with Wendy mentioned anywhere. I remember last year that we got tickets on Sunday outside Studio Sea for the Teas on Monday or Thursday.

I thought the Tea was a complete waste of time. It was sweet but with so many other things to do I wouldn't have done it last year. If I remember right all in all it lasted 20 minutes if that.

I agree with you sweetspot. We went twice. The first time is was very cute Wendy really interacted withthe children and posed for pictures at the end. Last time it was packed we had our ice tea and cookie and stood on line for 20 min to see Wendy. It was right in the middle of the afternoon on a sea day.

I e-mailed Veranda Man this morning to see if he would capture the picture of the Magic next Saturday while we were leaving. Looks like someone already beat me to the request! Anyway, he said he would try, and then post the pictures to our thread.

We are almost there!!!!!!

Tracey

is High Tea different than Tea w/Wendy (I think yes)

What do you wear to High Tea? It's in Palo; are shorts ok for this one?

ARGH! The clothing choices are driving me batty!

Tea with Wendy is a short story being read in Studio Sea by someone dressed up as Wendy. She picks a couple kids from the audience and asks them to come up and learn the proper way to have tea with her. They serve ice tea and oatmeal cookies for everyone to have along with them. Then it is really just a picture taking session. My DD who was just 7 and totally in love with all characters really didn't like it and said she would have rather stayed in the club.

I would think that dress at Palo is nice casual. When we went to Palo last year for brunch I wore nice slacks and shirt and DH wore dockers and a polo shirt. If I remember right I think most people were dressed somewhat casual but nice. I can't imagine that they are too strict on dress during the day because how many times can they expect people to dress, undress and redress for every different thing in one day.

Also, on the other thread we were trying to figure out which night was formal night. I posted a thread asking about when formal night was because Barb and Dave's sites both list different days. I remember it being on Sunday night and when I called to book my daughters birthday cake I asked for it to be on formal night and they set it for Sunday. I hope they haven't changed it. By Thursday I'll have gained too many pounds from eating everyday to look good in the formal picture. The important things we must think about....

you're killing me! Another reason to book Palo's early in the week (my Palo's dress is the most "form fitting")

I've been going on the premise that Formal is Sunday; semi-formal is Thursday; not really caring about the menu's, more for photo ops with the kids (DD bailed on pics after Wed last year). I am bringing two formals and the boys will wear tuxes both nights so the wardrobe isn't a big deal for us.

Are we back?

This time nest week, we'll be on the way to the airport!!!!yeah!!

Think I'll check the other thread too.

Last year I gained 10lbs on the ship and that was with only tasting a little bit of everything and no desserts. Can't imagine how bad it would have been had I really eaten my meals. I actually bring my scale with me so I can monitor the weight gain because 5lbs is a pant size to me. I have my early cruise clothes, mid cruise clothes and oh no I've gained too much now cruise clothes just in case. I think I packed enough for 3 people just for me LOL!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter