10year Anniv trip becomes the trip of celebrations with Dis'ers! I'm back!!

With a big group, I bet Prime Time is fun.

We have never been to the Shula's at Disney, but we have been to the one at home and it was THE best meal I have ever had in my life. Out of this world good.

Prime Time is definitely a lot of fun with a group! We think we entertained the server more than he entertained us! :rotfl2:

I can't wait to try Shula's! I think I will eat more beef in the two weeks of our trip than I usually eat in all the months inbetween! I do love me some good meat I just don't tend to cook it for just myself.

May 4th is another Epcot Day.

We haven't yet made any FP+ for this day and I'm honestly not sure of any plans besides our meals so I will just cover those!

Lunch is at Via Napoli! This place is a must do for me but I was willing to give Hunter options this trip. I asked him to pick 2 of the 3... Via Napoli, Les Chefs des France and Le Cellier. Since they would all be lunch meals he chose to forgo Le Cellier not wanting such a heavy meal for a lunch.

Since I've already told you about going to Les Chefs that meant his other choice was Via Napoli!

We will begin with a Pitcher of Sangria!
ry%3D400

They put a LOT of ice in the Sangria so its really not as much as it looks like! Especially if the servers pour it all over Brenda! :rolleyes:

We WILL get a pizza! If I have my say it will be Carciofi!
ry%3D400

I LOVE this pizza!! :love: However it is VERY Rich so we will see how our tummies are feeling at this point in the trip! An individual is enough for Hunter and I to share so unless Brenda and Michael want to share a pizza that is the size we will order.

I also love the Zeppole's here!
ry%3D400

Warm fried yummy goodness!! I'm not known for sharing these! But maybe I will or maybe even branch out onto a different dessert! :scratchin

I imagine we will wonder around the world showcase for a bit after this...

I would like to catch the Starship Concert! It will either be this day or Friday so we will see which day ends up working best!

Our dinner is also in Epcot and unless we felt like a break today I am thinking we will not be changing for dinner and will just go in our Park Clothes.

Dinner is a place we HAVE been to... but not in the way it will be tonight! We went to this restaurant for a F&W event and had a fabulous time! It was the French Regional Lunch. This is held above Les Chefs de France in Monsieur Paul. We had a FABULOUS lunch here and met some great people who we are hoping to catch up with again in October this year.

However.. this will be our first time ordering of the menu and I am really looking forward to it!

Depending on what time we get done with MP this may be our chance to catch Illuminations since it will be the only day we are in the park at that time!

Sounds like a great day Paula
We would love to try Monsieur Paul one day and can't wait to hear what you think about it :)

Paula, the plans sound great. We love Chef's de France and we are finally trying Via Napoli in September (we were supposed to be joining Brenda and Michael, but they had to cancel their September trip).

Sounds like a great day Paula
We would love to try Monsieur Paul one day and can't wait to hear what you think about it :)

I will certainly share our opinions. I know Brenda loved her experience there!

Paula, the plans sound great. We love Chef's de France and we are finally trying Via Napoli in September (we were supposed to be joining Brenda and Michael, but they had to cancel their September trip).

Both Good Restaurants! There are still several we haven't tried in Epcot but keep going back to the same!

Let me interrupt your regular programming for a minute!!

Does anyone know what today is?!?!?!

It's Single Digit Dance Day!!

:cool1: :thumbsup2:cheer2: :dancer:party: :jumping1: :jumping3: :jumping2: :dance3: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

9 days to go till our trip begins!!

May 5th begins with ... I'm not all together sure!

On our anniversary I have it in my mind that we will try Trail's End for either breakfast or lunch. Since our lunch on this day is later I am thinking this may be a good day to go there for Breakfast if we didn't make it the other day. If we did make it for breakfast on the 1st... well then maybe we will think of something else to give a try!

Meanwhile Brenda and Michael will be having breakfast at Kouzzina with the special guest from Saturday!

After our meals I am guessing we will head to Epcot again... or maybe DHS and then Epcot for our lunch... Whatcha think Brenda? Figure it out then?!? lol

Anyways lunch is at a place I've never been to but that Brenda seems to really enjoy so we thought we would give it a try.

Teppan Edo

We've generally stayed away from the Asian restaurants due to having many at home but where our house is in CO there is definitely no hibachi style restaurants!

The afternoon will likely involve some time in Epcot or maybe even a jaunt over to the Magic Kingdom. This is a resort change day for Brenda so I know she will want to get checked into her new "home"

Thankfully dinner is at a convenient location for both of us!

We will be dining for the second time our trip and the first time for Brenda and Michael at our FAVORITE WDW restaurant.

California Grill!

We just love this place!

I included pictures in my last update about this restaurant so I will leave this one picture free...

This ADR is again timed so that we can view Wishes from the restaurant. Truly spectacular!

After dinner we have the luxury of being able to catch the boat back to our resort!

So I'm sorry this was all words and no pictures but I only have 9 days left and need to get cracking!!

Btw... if anyone has any romantic ideas for things we can do that aren't all that costly please post them!!

We really enjoyed Teppan Edo. It's not a place I'm in a hurry to go back to ONLY because we go to one in Naples when we go to Marco after Disney and no one is topping that one in our books.

I have yet to get to California Grill. IF I make any changes for our September trip, I may try to get that on the schedule. It's so hard when there are so many places to choose from. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Lunch today is at my favorite DHS Table Service Location.

50's Prime Time Cafe!

Returning in December we had a lot of fun!

Apparently we had some trouble setting the table!
ry%3D400

So that makes this a must this trip. Dining this time will be Barb, Brenda and Michael, and Hunter and I... And a very special guest that I am very excited to meet! But you all will just need to wait and see who that might be!!

I know for a fact I WILL NOT be ordering the Cherry Soda... I think I might have a reaction to something in this as it just makes me feel ill!

I'm not sure exactly what we will do in the afternoon... At some point we will want to head to our resort to change for dinner...

Dinner is a place I have never been but Brenda has a couple times and I think Barb has once?

Shula's Steakhouse!

This is just 4 days after Yachtsman Steakhouse so there is definitely no shortage of meat this trip!

I'm thinking this night for sure will be a taxi night so I will see if the rest of the group wants to hang out somewhere or Jellyrolls is again an option if we haven't made it there yet!

BTW Brenda... I'm really seeing the convenience of doing a split stay in the three different areas! Having your dinners near where you stay is certainly a convenience!! Unfortunately that only works for us when its a MK resort dinner! Maybe someday an Epcot/DHS resort will fit in our budget!

I'm glad to hear 50's is a favorite - mine too! We've had some good servers in the past.

I'm looking forward to Shula's! It was our favorite steakhouse.

See? There's a logic behind my resort hopping madness. The good news for staying at WL is that if you like Cali Grill and Artist Point that works out well. ;)

Looks like Brenda has made us some FP+ reservations for Test Track, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth....

I've never tried Mission Space! I'm prone to motion sickness so have not given it a try... Maybe with friends is the time to do so?!?! I dunno. I may chicken out! We shall see!

Lunch is at Les Chefs de France for Brenda, Michael, Hunter and myself. We have dined here several times...

After lunch we don't have any set plans... Part of what we do will depend on if Hunter and I want to change for dinner or just go in what we are wearing! Since dinner is in the Epcot Area we may just hang out in that area!

Also a possibility is to go to the Flower Power Concert which is Starship! Hunter is very interested in this so we either need to make it fit on this day or on Sunday!

Dinner tonight is at
ry%3D400

I believe this restaurant is actually a first for Brenda!

Hunter and I do not remember our first meal there as we had just recieved bad news from home and were kind of stressed out (my MIL and dogs had been evacuated from our house because of a wildfire threat).

However, I returned in May last year and had a really good meal and then we returned with the group in December and also had a good meal! And Brenda can be assured that she DOES NOT need to order fish here to have a good meal!

I LOVE the beet salad that I have had here!
ry%3D400

I also really enjoyed my steak from this dish... The fish I wasn't as fond of so I will skip it this time!
ry%3D400

Hunter's pork was also really good!
ry%3D400

It was too much food for us though so maybe this time we will split an entree!

And of course I plan to simply have an Adult Peanut Butter shake as my dessert!!
ry%3D400

To finish out the evening... One of the options is again Jellyrolls!

Epcot is also having Extra Magic hours so that is also a possibility but it all will depend on how much time we spend on our meals!!

Oh no, I don't want to make you hate me so if we need to skip Mission Space we can.... or I'll make you guys wait for me while I ride solo. :lmao:

I'm definitely looking forward to Flying Fish. Thanks for sharing your FF experience.

We'll leave our options open for the evening. If I drink too many glasses of wine I'm sure you'll find me quitting the party early. ;) I'll try to control myself.

]May 4th is another Epcot Day.

We will begin with a Pitcher of Sangria!
ry%3D400

They put a LOT of ice in the Sangria so its really not as much as it looks like! Especially if the servers pour it all over Brenda!

We WILL get a pizza! If I have my say it will be Carciofi!
ry%3D400

I LOVE this pizza!! :love: However it is VERY Rich so we will see how our tummies are feeling at this point in the trip! An individual is enough for Hunter and I to share so unless Brenda and Michael want to share a pizza that is the size we will order.

I also love the Zeppole's here!
ry%3D400

Warm fried yummy goodness!! I'm not known for sharing these! But maybe I will or maybe even branch out onto a different dessert!

I imagine we will wonder around the world showcase for a bit after this...

I would like to catch the Starship Concert! It will either be this day or Friday so we will see which day ends up working best!

Our dinner is also in Epcot and unless we felt like a break today I am thinking we will not be changing for dinner and will just go in our Park Clothes.

Dinner is a place we HAVE been to... but not in the way it will be tonight! We went to this restaurant for a F&W event and had a fabulous time! It was the French Regional Lunch. This is held above Les Chefs de France in Monsieur Paul. We had a FABULOUS lunch here and met some great people who we are hoping to catch up with again in October this year.

However.. this will be our first time ordering of the menu and I am really looking forward to it!

Depending on what time we get done with MP this may be our chance to catch Illuminations since it will be the only day we are in the park at that time!

What a surprise, we'll be back in Epcot! I AM going to try pizza this time and not some boring soup. And if the waiter can get the sangria in the glass instead of on my shoes it will be a bonus!

My friend Philippe will not be working that night so we'll not have the pleasure of him sending drinks to the table. :rolleyes1 Honestly, Monsieur Paul was a surprise favorite last time so I'm glad to return with friends.

Ohhhhh Starship.... tempting.

I'm still sad. :sad1:

9 days to go till our trip begins!! [\QUOTE]

May I join you in celebrating that milestone! :dance3::banana::woohoo:

After our meals I am guessing we will head to Epcot again... or maybe DHS and then Epcot for our lunch... Whatcha think Brenda? Figure it out then?!? lol

Anyways lunch is at a place I've never been to but that Brenda seems to really enjoy so we thought we would give it a try.

Teppan Edo

We've generally stayed away from the Asian restaurants due to having many at home but where our house is in CO there is definitely no hibachi style restaurants!

The afternoon will likely involve some time in Epcot or maybe even a jaunt over to the Magic Kingdom. This is a resort change day for Brenda so I know she will want to get checked into her new "home"

Thankfully dinner is at a convenient location for both of us!

We will be dining for the second time our trip and the first time for Brenda and Michael at our FAVORITE WDW restaurant.

California Grill!

We just love this place!

I included pictures in my last update about this restaurant so I will leave this one picture free...

This ADR is again timed so that we can view Wishes from the restaurant. Truly spectacular!

After dinner we have the luxury of being able to catch the boat back to our resort!

So I'm sorry this was all words and no pictures but I only have 9 days left and need to get cracking!!

Btw... if anyone has any romantic ideas for things we can do that aren't all that costly please post them!!

We're going to need to spend some time at DHS so this may be a good day to go over there. Otherwise it looks like we are camping out at Epcot.

I love Teppan Edo - I'm really looking forward to that lunch. It really makes a difference to dine with people that are enthusiastic and outgoing for this meal so you are in luck that you chose us to eat with you at TE!

Thank you for booking Cali Grill a second (or was it a 3rd?) time during your trip so we could join you. It was a highlight from last trip.

For a nice romantic idea you can always stare into each others' eyes all day - except meal time when we expect you to join us. That may get boring and you'll have to then resort to using a snarfblat to make fine music.

We really enjoyed Teppan Edo. It's not a place I'm in a hurry to go back to ONLY because we go to one in Naples when we go to Marco after Disney and no one is topping that one in our books.

I have yet to get to California Grill. IF I make any changes for our September trip, I may try to get that on the schedule. It's so hard when there are so many places to choose from. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm glad to hear you have enjoyed Teppan Edo. I understand having a favorite outside of Disney though!

CA Grill is yummy! Wonderful food with a fabulous view!

I'm glad to hear 50's is a favorite - mine too! We've had some good servers in the past.

I'm looking forward to Shula's! It was our favorite steakhouse.

See? There's a logic behind my resort hopping madness. The good news for staying at WL is that if you like Cali Grill and Artist Point that works out well. ;)

I've always understood the resort hoping madness but the DHS/Epcot resorts have always been out of our budget :sad:

Oh no, I don't want to make you hate me so if we need to skip Mission Space we can.... or I'll make you guys wait for me while I ride solo. :lmao:

I don't know if it's something Hunter may like?! Maybe we will try it the once and hope for the best!

I'm definitely looking forward to Flying Fish. Thanks for sharing your FF experience.

We'll leave our options open for the evening. If I drink too many glasses of wine I'm sure you'll find me quitting the party early. ;) I'll try to control myself.

I think our options for most of the trip except meals are pretty open!

What a surprise, we'll be back in Epcot! I AM going to try pizza this time and not some boring soup. And if the waiter can get the sangria in the glass instead of on my shoes it will be a bonus!

I always feel like most of our trips are in Epcot! I think its cause our trips are food driven and they have so many good restaurants! Have you ever had the Pizza?!? Yes.. Sangria in the glass is definitely a bonus! I mean.. who wants to waste a perfectly good drink by dying your shoes with it!! :rotfl:

My friend Philippe will not be working that night so we'll not have the pleasure of him sending drinks to the table. :rolleyes1 Honestly, Monsieur Paul was a surprise favorite last time so I'm glad to return with friends.

Oh sad! Should we switch days?!?! :rotfl2:

Ohhhhh Starship.... tempting.

It's a must for us at least one of the nights

I'm still sad. :sad1:

9 days to go till our trip begins!! [\QUOTE]

May I join you in celebrating that milestone! :dance3::banana::woohoo:

yesterday was the two week dance for you!! :cheer2: :banana:

We're going to need to spend some time at DHS so this may be a good day to go over there. Otherwise it looks like we are camping out at Epcot.

Yes... maybe they should provide us cabanas in Epcot since we are there so much!

I love Teppan Edo - I'm really looking forward to that lunch. It really makes a difference to dine with people that are enthusiastic and outgoing for this meal so you are in luck that you chose us to eat with you at TE!

It should be fun!

Thank you for booking Cali Grill a second (or was it a 3rd?) time during your trip so we could join you. It was a highlight from last trip.

It's the second time and we would have gone twice regardless! I'm just glad that it works out that we can go once with Barb and once with you and Michael!

For a nice romantic idea you can always stare into each others' eyes all day - except meal time when we expect you to join us. That may get boring and you'll have to then resort to using a snarfblat to make fine music.

This seriously made me :rotfl2:

My Magic Bands that came via Pony Express finally arrived!! (They were mailed April 4th and delivered April 14th! How is that for the slow boat!)

So now Hunter and I both have COMPLETE sets!!

His is pictures on the top and mine are on the bottom!

ry%3D400

They need new colors as I had to duplicate one each!

Its the perfect amount to pack into one Magic Band box for easy packing and storage!

May 6th will be our last full day at WDW. I'm already feeling sad about this!!

However.. I must not dwell on that now... Instead... Lets talk about the plans for this day.

We will start with Breakfast.. At least Brenda, Michael and I will. Hunter joining us depends on if he is awake and feels up to it! As I believe I have mentioned elsewhere he is not a breakfast fan.

I however am very much looking forward to this breakfast as it is a location I have never dined at before!

Grand Floridian Cafe

Many menu items on the breakfast menu appeal to me so we will have to see what I am feeling that day!

I'm pretty sure I know what Brenda will order and a good guess as to Micheal as well just from what Brenda has said! However... I will leave that for the Dining Review(s!)

From Breakfast I am going to say we will head to Magic Kingdom! Having not spent very much time there so far this trip I think this is a good idea!

We DO NOT have a lunch booked and are planning to either enjoy some snacks (Nutella waffle comes to mind!) or just find someplace else as we are hungry.

Dinner this night is a MUST DO for Hunter and I. In fact when I told Hunter we weren't going in December he almost canceled the entire trip! I promised that we would definitely go this time. Brenda was agreeable to it and is even the one that called to book it so we could get the TIW discount.

So.. where am I talking about?!?!

The HOOP DEE DOO REVIEW of course!!

And since this is Thursday I'll go ahead and "Throwback" to our previous trips!

May 2009
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

October 2012
A Blurry Picture
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

(I plan on wearing the same shirt this year! :rotfl2:)

We also went in October 2013 but I never uploaded those photos. You can see my "Live Review" of it on Barbs thread HERE

On our previous 3 visits we have always chosen Category 3. The first time we chose it because that was all that was available with booking within 6 weeks of our trip and trips after that I chose it because we actually really enjoyed it up there! This trip Brenda was told in order to use the TIW card we could only get Category 1. I have NO idea why that is but I also tried calling and was told the same thing. So it will be a new experience being down on the ground floor. This is also a completely new experience for Brenda and Michael and I really hope they enjoy it as much as we do!

We both will have the luxury of taking the boat back to our resorts! This makes doing the show much easier than trying to use the buses.

Overall should be a great day with new experiences for us all! And... We are ALL Hoping for a Soft Opening of the Mine Train!! (Okay, maybe just Brenda and I!!)

Finally got caught up, just in time! I've enjoyed reading about your plans. They sound great! Can't wait to see you at Disney!!

May 7th will complete our two week trip to WDW. I'm sure for me it will feel like I hadn't done enough and my husband will be itching to leave! :lmao:

The day begins with a breakfast with Michael and Brenda right in our hotel at the Whispering Canyon Cafe... We have been there for lunch but never for breakfast. As with the other breakfasts I'm not sure if Hunter will still be sleeping but even if he is I am sure he will come over at some point to at least say goodbye to Brenda and Michael. After breakfast we will go and pack up. Magical Depress will pick us up around noon.

Not much exciting going on except for breakfast! I'm hoping our luggage makes it to Denver this time as I want to hurry home and see my baby girl! I haven't seen my dog in 3 months and I miss her! Unfortunately we will only be in CO for less than a day as we are turning right around and heading to Las Vegas to celebrate Hunters Birthday! We will be there for 4 nights and then drive to San Diego. I will fly back to San Jose from San Diego and Hunter, his mom and her Dog will drive back to CO.

All in all it will be 3 weeks with my husband and I am greatly looking forward to it!!

I'm definitely looking forward to HDDR! They include a photo package for the meal?? I didn't know that. I'm glad Hunter is a fan of HDDR since that tells me we'll have a lot of fun. I'll have to bring my best flannel shirt. :)

Yep, I can almost guarantee you have us dialed in for our breakfast choices at GF Café. Why mess with a good thing you know?

We'll be on the look out for the Mine Train open even if we have to ditch the guys to enjoy it. ;)

Vegas will be a great place to celebrate Hunter's birthday! Glad you guys get some more time together. :)

All caught up again! Your plans look awesome Paula and you're certainly going to be enjoying some great meals with great company. :thumbsup2 You must be getting so excited because it's almost time for the magic to begin! pixiedust:

Have a wonderful trip and Happy Anniversary!! :flower3:

Your shirt is so cute!!! And you made me so happy I booked Cat 3 for HDDR. I thought the balcony would be cool and your post confirmed it.

Awwww for only seeing your pup for a day! It will be nice to see Hunter for that long, though. :goodvibes

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter