10th Anniversary

The show is on regularly now as in several times a day. Get there early as once seats are full that is it and you'll need to wait again for the next show. We went about 45min in advance and the line was already forming.

Thanks for sharing your insights! How early before the show should we line up? We are planning to get there 30 min before the show. Is this early enough in late July?
Thanks again!!

We were turned away approx 20 minutes before more than one show on a Saturday in March. If you're going on a weekend in July you'll want to be lining up at least half an hour early, but if it's a week day you might be able to get away with 20 minutes.

Zanzibar - lol..I have been wondering if the blonde lady was you since I got back a few weeks ago. HK Disney is getting popular with Aussies I think as there were many more there this time than last time i visited in 2014. Lots of Japanese ppl now too.

off topic but does anyone know why the disney hk ferry area is not being used? we walked over there and it was lovely but seemed abandoned?

off topic but does anyone know why the disney hk ferry area is not being used? we walked over there and it was lovely but seemed abandoned?

I have wondered the same thing. It seems a shame not to use the facilities that are pretty much already there!

The show is on regularly now as in several times a day.

I'm glad to hear this. I really want to see it and had visions of it being packed this summer and having to get in line an hour+ early. When we went to TDL they stood in line over an hour just to buy Duffy. Is it like that in HK too?

I'm glad to hear this. I really want to see it and had visions of it being packed this summer and having to get in line an hour+ early. When we went to TDL they stood in line over an hour just to buy Duffy. Is it like that in HK too?

Nope. HKDL is like 'Disney light'. From what I've heard, even when it's crowded, it doesn't compare to the US or Tokyo parks. You'll struggle to find ANY line that's more than an hour long. On a Saturday afternoon in March (not peak season, but definitely a popular time of day) we walked up to the parade route about 10 minutes before it started and got a spot on the curb, then walked on to Buzz Lightyear, waited 10 minutes for Space Mountain, and 5 minutes for Big Grizzly Mountain. There was a 30 minute wait for Mystic Manor so we gave it a miss. The rides in Toy Story Land will generally have longer waits than the rest of the park as those rides are slow loading.

FWIW the park was practically empty until lunch time, and the crowds built up pretty gradually from then. And when I say practically empty, I mean all the rides were walk ons and it would have been easy to get photos with not a single other person in them if I'd had my camera.

Yes I agree with Zanizibar. The lines which are big are mostly for character meet and greets. Lots of Japanese ppl have started coming because apparently in Tokyo you need to wait 4 hours to meet a character! I chatted with some of the Japanese groups of girls dressed all Disney and that is what they said..Tokyo huge waits..HK no wait, so they come.

Ride wise, I was there with my kids for 4 weekdays. The biggest line was 30min for the parachute drop one day. Second biggest was 20min for the slinky dog. At other times Slinky was walk on. Autopia also 20min and Pooh bear. Mystic manor and Grizzly always seemed to have a 5min wait. Most of the other rides were always 5-10min. Its not really busy. I bought 3 Duffy/Shellie May with around 10-15min of waiting in line.

Thanks for sharing your insights! How early before the show should we line up? We are planning to get there 30 min before the show. Is this early enough in late July?
Thanks again!!

We lined up an hour early and we weren't even close to the front of the line. This was the last show of the day so not sure if that had anything to do with the crowds, but the park was not even that crowded. I would probably take a peek at the line an hour before the show just to see how many people are waiting. For reference, we were just under the first covered gazebo like area, which wasn't too far from where you first enter the line and the theater was probably 75-80% full when we finally sat down.

Nope. HKDL is like 'Disney light'. From what I've heard, even when it's crowded, it doesn't compare to the US or Tokyo parks. You'll struggle to find ANY line that's more than an hour long. On a Saturday afternoon in March (not peak season, but definitely a popular time of day) we walked up to the parade route about 10 minutes before it started and got a spot on the curb, then walked on to Buzz Lightyear, waited 10 minutes for Space Mountain, and 5 minutes for Big Grizzly Mountain. There was a 30 minute wait for Mystic Manor so we gave it a miss. The rides in Toy Story Land will generally have longer waits than the rest of the park as those rides are slow loading.

FWIW the park was practically empty until lunch time, and the crowds built up pretty gradually from then. And when I say practically empty, I mean all the rides were walk ons and it would have been easy to get photos with not a single other person in them if I'd had my camera.

These photos are from December, right before Christmas on Sunday, about 30 minutes after the park opened. The longest wait we encountered was Autopia at 45 minutes. It's so refreshing to be in a park that isn't wall to wall people.

12658058_10153560540384125_4768537577342157983_o.jpg 12622368_10153560540499125_1552345230258717042_o.jpg

No the ferry area is not used, there were plans when the park to add a ferry service shortly after opening but it never materialised, such a shame. The walk down to the ferry through the gardens is beautiful and taking a ferry from the mainland would be the perfect start/end to the day. Water transportation is the heart of HK life it would be great to add a ferry service to the park.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter