100 (Nope...It's just about time!!!) Days til Our First Family Trip!

Great Report and your boys are so cute!!!:) We have been to Chef Mickey's for both breakfast and dinner, although we preferred dinner. We enjoyed the characters and atmosphere at both meals. I tried to get an ADR for dinner for our upcoming trip but unfortunately there was no openings:sad1:
We were however able to get an ADR at Ohana's for breakfast. We went there last year and loved it!!!! We found it much more relaxed than Chef Mickey's-- plus it's served family style instead of a buffet and the character interaction is great there as well.:thumbsup2

Hi Angie, :welcome:! I know we'll be happy with any of the 6 character meal choices we've narrowed it down to, so instead of stressing over which 4, I'm going to just wait and see how open times and dates shake out when we make our ADRs. I'm glad to hear another positive for 'Ohana breakfast-I tell you what, more people recommended that one to me on here than any other character meal. What are they putting in those eggs? :lmao:

Good luck with the shower invites! I'm throwing my sister a baby shower too, so I'll be doing invites soon enough!
I'll just be here waiting patiently until you get back on with your planning!:rolleyes1

Yeah, this is the first shower I've ever thrown. My BFF has a son who's 6, and is expecting a little girl in August. I convinced that with 6 years in between and a different gender, a shower was in order! I made the invites myself. I'm a scrapbooker, and I have a Cricut, which is an expensive die cut machine I convinced my DH I needed, so I have to justify owning it by doing things like this with it, but man some invites from Target would have been easier! They did come out cute, I hope, and luckily I only needed to make 10. If she'd had a bigger list they definitely would have been store bought!!!

I'm working on posting park plans now! Thanks for reading!

Well, although the ridiculous Disney site still has no hours up, I am going off of the TA list posted yesterday. We make our ADRs on Tuesday, so I wanted a few days to get a real plan in order. C'mon Disney, what is the deal?!:headache:

I have two plans, and I think I am leaning toward Plan A, because it leaves a little more downtime and we would hopefully be at each park on less crowded days. Basically we avoid all EMH (except our last night at MK), and Fantasmic. But then I started playing to try and work in AK on its PM EMH night, since I think we'll want lots of time there. And when I do that, I end up with Epcot on its PM EMH night as well. See the problem? Walking right into crowds when I was doing my best to avoid them! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for all you smart, experienced WDW veterans to look these over and see what you think.

Plan A:

Monday, 9/7-arrive MCO at 1:08. DME to POP, drop off stuff, then off to MK. Spend a few hours touring the park at a relaxed pace, dinner at Crystal Palace (back-up 'Ohana, Chef Mickeys), stay at the park til we feel ready to leave-we may try to see Spectro at 9, but probably not Wishes-I thought maybe I'd break the two up?

Tuesday, 9/8-MK for rope drop (shouldn't be too hard, they were up at 6:30 this morning:scared1:). Not sure yet whether we will take resort breaks or not, I'm going to really just see how the boys do. Cooper is still a solid 2 hour+ napper at home, but he naps fairly well in the stroller and with short park hours I hate to give up lots of park time in transit. Just going to play that part by ear! Dinner at 'Ohana (Crystal Palace back-up)

Weds, 9/9-DHS for rope drop, stay til we're done, with dinner at Cape May Clambake (back-up Mama Melrose, 50s Primetime).

Thursday, 9/10-Epcot, not quite as concerned with rope drop here. Le Cellier for lunch (Tutto back-up), I think.

Friday, 9/11-AK day. Hoping for 8 am Tusker House breakfast, but if not, then as late as possible. It closes at 5, so we're planning a nice resort evening with plenty of pool time. The grandmas have offered to watch the kids so Chad and I can go out alone-trying to decide between MNSSHP or Night of Joy, if I can get him to agree to spend the money!

Saturday, 9/12-The morning is open for whatever we want to do. I think we will probably head back to AK or Epcot, or maybe split up and some do each. Then after a break we're planning on DTD to explore and T-Rex for dinner. I am SOOO excited to surprise Griffin with this!

Sunday, 9/13-MK day. Breakfast at 'Ohana (maybe 9ish?), then MK and a nice long afternoon break before heading back for dinner at Chef Mickeys (back-up 1900 Park Fare), and evening EMH at MK. My mom wants to head back to the hotel to watch the Bears play, so I think she is going to take Cooper with her to get him to bed earlier. That way we can stay for as long as Griffin is having fun-probably until the end!

Monday, 9/14- departure day :sad1: Leave POP around 8:30 for MCO.

So that's the plan I think we are going to go with!

Plan B (a short version!) is:
Monday-MK same as above
Tuesday-DHS
Weds.-AK (PM EMH)
Thurs.-MK (open til 10)
Friday-Epcot (PM EMH)
Sat.-open/DTD
Sunday-MK (PM EMH)

So, a lot more park hours available, but 3 EMH parks instead of just the one. I worry with this one that if we go with this and end up not using the EMH (a strong possibility), we will be wading through increased crowds all day and kicking ourselves. Thoughts?

Whew...kids are up from naps and screaming for me. Guess I should go be a mom or something!

Hi and :welcome:! Thanks for the compliment! I know, this waiting is making us crazy, isn't it? I've decided to just assume the hours we've gotten are correct and plan off of that. For the week we'll be there they seem to make sense. I was kind of bummed to see DHS close at 7. That seems really early to me!

What restaurants have you narrowed down to? I keep adding, not finalizing! I think Whispering Canyon sounds so fun, I'm trying to figure out a way to get that in there. The only place we're going that I'm not super excited about is Cape May Clambake, and I'm wondering if we could do WCC that evening at 7 or so, and just be done with the park by 6? Is that do-able? That's later than I was hoping to do dinners, but even CMC is going to have to be later than I'd like since we'll have to be all done with the park when we go (since it will be closed when we're done eating). I'm not planning on a nap break that day to maximize our park time, so I'm not sure how the kids will do late in the evening. Could get ugly! Unfortunately there aren't any lunches we want that day. DHS has been hard for me!
I was a little disappointed with the shortened hours as well. I just asked a friend of mine if we would be bored at night but she said if we are out all day (which I am thinking that is what we will do) then we should be pretty beat by 7 or 8 so some down time in the hotel room at night will get us ready for the next day. I am having some issues figuring out what day to go to which park which in turn leads to where on earth we are going to eat that day. We don't have any lunch plans either. All the ones I have picked out are either breakfast or dinner. And I don't have any back-ups picked out yet. So far the places I have picked out are 'Ohana, Garden Grill, Boma, Chef Mickey's, Hollywood & Vine, and Crystal Palace. But of course this all could change at any time between now and June 22nd.

I was a little disappointed with the shortened hours as well. I just asked a friend of mine if we would be bored at night but she said if we are out all day (which I am thinking that is what we will do) then we should be pretty beat by 7 or 8 so some down time in the hotel room at night will get us ready for the next day. I am having some issues figuring out what day to go to which park which in turn leads to where on earth we are going to eat that day. We don't have any lunch plans either. All the ones I have picked out are either breakfast or dinner. And I don't have any back-ups picked out yet. So far the places I have picked out are 'Ohana, Garden Grill, Boma, Chef Mickey's, Hollywood & Vine, and Crystal Palace. But of course this all could change at any time between now and June 22nd.

You have some great picks! (At least based on reviews I see on here, I haven't eaten at any of them! Although honestly I've read so many reviews, seen so many pictures, and looked at the menus enough to feel like I have:lmao:!) I'm thinking we're going to do the parks all day too, with no break, especially at AK and DHS. MK and Epcot have slightly longer hours, so we could take a break if we have to. Gonna play that one by ear! The only day I am just not happy with our meal plan is our DHS day. With it closing at 7, I either need to just 1) decide now that we will be done with the park by 5:30 or so and do dinner somewhere after, or 2) find a lunch in the park. My kids are not great restaurant patrons anyway :rolleyes1, so I am worried about how they will do at a non-character meal at 7 at night. Just not sure how to work that day out. Now I am considering Mama Melrose, which we could do for lunch, but I know my mom liked the clambake idea...oh, the choices!!!

Alright, I am choosing not to feel like a total loser since no one else has said hello. I may be talking to myself, but that's okay!

I know what you mean...but I decided it didn't matter...afterall I find myself talking to myself at work so it should come as no surprise if I do it here on the dis. :lmao:

I think it is great that you are making plans as to what days to visit which parks. I am making this our laid back trip. Afternoons spent at the hotel for pool and nap time...more for DH than DD. ;) Other than ADR's, manatory pool time, and MNSSHP, we are not planning. :scared1:

We thought about driving as well since it is just 3 of us...that lasted about 30 seconds before DH figurative slapped me silly. :rotfl2:

I am excited to see how your planning progresses so I am staying tuned for more. :)

I know what you mean...but I decided it didn't matter...afterall I find myself talking to myself at work so it should come as no surprise if I do it here on the dis. :lmao:

I think it is great that you are making plans as to what days to visit which parks. I am making this our laid back trip. Afternoons spent at the hotel for pool and nap time...more for DH than DD. ;) Other than ADR's, manatory pool time, and MNSSHP, we are not planning. :scared1:

We thought about driving as well since it is just 3 of us...that lasted about 30 seconds before DH figurative slapped me silly. :rotfl2:

I am excited to see how your planning progresses so I am staying tuned for more. :)

:welcome:! Glad you came over to check it out-another Hoosier is always welcome! I wish I could be laid back, but that's just not how I roll! I am OCD to the max when it comes to planning. I think I'll be able to go with the flow a bit once we're there, but I like to know that I have researched every last detail before we leave! I will keep checking in on yours as well!

For the week we'll be there they seem to make sense. I was kind of bummed to see DHS close at 7. That seems really early to me!

Me too! That's my least favorite park to being with because it is so hard to plan and so hard to tour efficiently, and the short hours just make it worse! :headache: We're definitely going to have to do rope-drop on our DHS day, which will be a first for my family of night owls. :rotfl:

...oh, the choices!!!
I completely agree with this!! I have changed my mind so many times it's pathetic. :rotfl2: And now with the shorter hours it's even harder. We are going to have the stroller for our youngest so we should be able to stay out most of each day. And remember that you will be take small breaks throughout the day for snacks and meals depending on what time of day your meals are.

So...as I have mentioned, we booked this trip back in November 2008. So I have had tons of time to prepare, and as any good woman knows, part of preparing for anything involves shopping!:lmao:

I have tried to keep an eye open for little things that will make the trip more magical for us, and boy, I have found lots!!! Who knew there were so many cute things that 5 and 2 year old boys NEED for a trip to Disney World?

I started out stashing these things in a milk crate in our closet. That crate kept shrinking :rolleyes1, and before I knew it, I moved them into a carry-on suitcase. But my bad luck has continued, because the carry-on has also shrunk :rolleyes1, and I am pretty sure I am going to have whip out several Rubbermaid tubs soon!

No story of Disney purchases would be complete without pictures, so without further ado, here's what I have so far! Oh, and I am SO sorry for all the messed up picture sizes! I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm trying to learn!

DSC_2870.jpg

First, let me just say how much I love Target. I have scored some really neat things there for very little money! In this picture are some Dollar Spot finds (snack containers, socks, temp. tattoos, flashlights). But there are also some clearanced after-Easter finds as well (Princess lollipops in holders, $.24; bubbles, $1.xx; sport water bottles filled with candy necklaces, $2.00)!! Oh, and Mickey fruit snacks, because...yum!

DSC_2871.jpg

Next up are the various things I'm finding to try and keep the kids happy and content on the planes there, and in the restaurants, and wherever else the kids need to be happy and content! I love garage sales, and I've found Disney surprise ink books and a Minnie doodle pad there. The Mickey and Elmo surprise ink books were clearanced at JoAnn Fabrics! Shh...Cooper loves Elmo more than Mickey! Some of the other things were more Target $ Spot finds. But my favorite is the two spinning light-up toys. I found those at a Children's Consignment Sale I go to twice a year, and they were each $.25!!! I am hoping this will avoid paying $15 or whatever they cost when we get there!

DSC_2872.jpg

These are the only two Disney shirts I've bought the boys so far. I really want to make them some from the Creative DISigns board designs, but at least they're a start. These were from when the Disney store had them 3/$12, gotta love that!

DSC_2873.jpg

I think this might be my favorite purchase so far! Target (again, can you feel the love?) has a twice-annual toy clearance where things are 75% off. I found these there, and each one was $1.48. I bought two of each, and am planning on leaving them every other night or so for the boys to wake up to. I am so excited about doing the little magical things for them!!!

Okay, enough of my stash pictures! What have you all bought? Do you have a Disney crate, suitcase, or tub?

Me too! That's my least favorite park to being with because it is so hard to plan and so hard to tour efficiently, and the short hours just make it worse! :headache: We're definitely going to have to do rope-drop on our DHS day, which will be a first for my family of night owls. :rotfl:

I think this is the one time in my life I will be happy to have kids who are up at the crack of dawn daily! I think we'll be able to make rope drop most mornings, and I'm planning that DHS rope drop is a must, so we can do TSMM without a carzy wait! I'm still not sure on dinner there yet; I better just make a decision and live with it!

I completely agree with this!! I have changed my mind so many times it's pathetic. :rotfl2: And now with the shorter hours it's even harder. We are going to have the stroller for our youngest so we should be able to stay out most of each day. And remember that you will be take small breaks throughout the day for snacks and meals depending on what time of day your meals are.

I know, the meal and snack breaks will be really nice, and I'm planning on some downtime with easier, quieter rides or water play areas too. I'm just not positive whether Cooper can get by with just stroller naps most days, or if the hotel break will be necessary. Time will tell, I guess!

I think this is the one time in my life I will be happy to have kids who are up at the crack of dawn daily! I think we'll be able to make rope drop most mornings, and I'm planning that DHS rope drop is a must, so we can do TSMM without a carzy wait! I'm still not sure on dinner there yet; I better just make a decision and live with it!

Yeah, that's the toughest one to plan for dining too. We're trying Brown Derby for the first time for lunch, but for dinner we're heading out of the park and over to the Boardwalk.

I think I've decided that we're not going to rush. If we use FP and still don't hit everything on our list, oh well. There's always next time. Other than TSMM we've seen/done everything there at least once already, and looking over the handful of things on my list of must-dos, it hardly seems worth the headache of trying to get my crew up early! :rotfl:

Okay, enough of my stash pictures! What have you all bought? Do you have a Disney crate, suitcase, or tub?

I'm worse than a shopper... I'm a crafter! Everything is packed at the moment or I'd snap some pics to share, but I've either started or bought supplies for several outfits for my girls, a custom autograph book/scrapbook for them to share, and stroller, luggage, camera bag & backpack tags to showcase my LGMHs. I can't wait to get settled into our new house so I can get back to using sewing and scrapping as an outlet for my trip planning obsession! :rotfl:

Yeah, that's the toughest one to plan for dining too. We're trying Brown Derby for the first time for lunch, but for dinner we're heading out of the park and over to the Boardwalk.

I think I've decided that we're not going to rush. If we use FP and still don't hit everything on our list, oh well. There's always next time. Other than TSMM we've seen/done everything there at least once already, and looking over the handful of things on my list of must-dos, it hardly seems worth the headache of trying to get my crew up early! :rotfl:

I think that's a great attitude to have if your gang is not early risers by nature! If you're planning to be there all day, surely you can get a FP for TSM and hit all the other stuff you want. Making a list of must-dos for there is actually my homework for this weekend, so I can try to guess whether we'll be ready to leave by 6, to plan a time for dinner.

Where are you eating on the Boardwalk? I finally thought we had it decided on Cape May Clambake for dinner, and then I started second-guessing Mama Melrose for lunch entirely for convenience' sake. But my DH, who has had zero opinions on anything thus far, said last night CMC sounded good to him, so I guess we'll stick with that if we can get a good time. Hopefully they'll still have crab legs then-I can eat my weight in those :lmao:

I'm worse than a shopper... I'm a crafter! Everything is packed at the moment or I'd snap some pics to share, but I've either started or bought supplies for several outfits for my girls, a custom autograph book/scrapbook for them to share, and stroller, luggage, camera bag & backpack tags to showcase my LGMHs. I can't wait to get settled into our new house so I can get back to using sewing and scrapping as an outlet for my trip planning obsession! :rotfl:

Oh, please, please, please post pics when you are settled!! I'm a crafter too (well, scrapbooker), and I am planning on making autograph books, so I would LOVE to see what you did. And the tags sound great, I never even thought of that. The clothes, though, I will not be making any of those! For one thing there aren't cutesy designs for boys like those pillowcase dresses, etc. But more important, that's way too hard for me! I admire anyone with sewing ability-my mom is awesome, but the gene did not pass down to me! I want to make some transfers for t-shirts, but that's as far as it goes for me;)

I think that's a great attitude to have if your gang is not early risers by nature! If you're planning to be there all day, surely you can get a FP for TSM and hit all the other stuff you want. Making a list of must-dos for there is actually my homework for this weekend, so I can try to guess whether we'll be ready to leave by 6, to plan a time for dinner.

Where are you eating on the Boardwalk? I finally thought we had it decided on Cape May Clambake for dinner, and then I started second-guessing Mama Melrose for lunch entirely for convenience' sake. But my DH, who has had zero opinions on anything thus far, said last night CMC sounded good to him, so I guess we'll stick with that if we can get a good time. Hopefully they'll still have crab legs then-I can eat my weight in those :lmao:

We keep a running list of must-dos and not-agains from trip to trip that I save to my spreadsheet for that vacation, so it doesn't take but a minute to go over what impressed us, what disappointed us, and what we didn't get to try. I make notes on our impressions of our dining experiences too, for the same reason. I don't know that I really need them any more, but I started this system before we became every-year visitors and my memory needed a little jog when there were 2 years between trips!

On our DHS day, we're going to try Flying Fish for the first time. We've eaten at ESPN Club on the Boardwalk and Yachtsman at the Yacht Club in the past, and we're all about trying new things this trip, especially when it comes to the signature restaurants. We're also going to try to fit in a dinner at Kouzzina and a round of miniature golf on a non-park/waterpark day.

Oh, please, please, please post pics when you are settled!! I'm a crafter too (well, scrapbooker), and I am planning on making autograph books, so I would LOVE to see what you did. And the tags sound great, I never even thought of that. The clothes, though, I will not be making any of those! For one thing there aren't cutesy designs for boys like those pillowcase dresses, etc. But more important, that's way too hard for me! I admire anyone with sewing ability-my mom is awesome, but the gene did not pass down to me! I want to make some transfers for t-shirts, but that's as far as it goes for me;)

I will definitely post pics. I did my first autograph book for DD's birthday trip in 2007 and it was really cute but didn't hold up well (it was fine for the trip, but not as a much-loved and often dragged out scrapbook for a 6yo), so I'm working on some new ideas this time.

I started pretty simple with the tags - I used to make a backing to slide into the luggage tags Disney sends, so one side would be Disney's castle design and the reverse would be a LGMH, but the problem with that is if they flip the wrong way, no one can see the Alien Green Mickey. So I'm working on doing those a little differently this time too.

As far as clothes go, I didn't have any interest in learning to sew until I had daughters. My oldest is a boy, and I totally hear you on the lack of cute easy patterns! Now, though, with a DD7 and a DD10mo, I sew because my older daughter wants matching outfits and it is very hard to find store bought outfits that come in both their sizes. I keep the sewing pretty simple - twirl skirts, adding embellishment to jeans, and easy dresses/jumpers. Where I like to get fancy is with painting decorations on shirts, jeans, hats, shoes, etc. I've always enjoyed drawing and painting, and started painting clothes when I was a teenager with infant/toddler cousins that I could dress up. It is a skill that has served my Disney obsession well. :cutie:

At the new house, I'm going to have a dedicated crafting space for the first time, and that'll probably be my next obsession after the ADRs are set - perfect outfits for all 3 kids for every day of the trip, and of course, Halloween costumes for MNSSHP. :thumbsup2

Hi Jana!! Just wanted to say "hi" and that I'm enjoying your PTR!! We ate dinner at O'hana on our trip and it was my FAVORITE dinner of all of them! The food was sooo good and the dessert was TDF! They bring you as much as you want--it's incredible! They also have coconut races for the kids which Ally really enjoyed. Crystal Palace was a close 2nd. The buffet is incredible!! The characters are a lot of fun and the building is just beautiful! Our table overlooked the castle!

So you live in Indianapolis? We were up there last summer with my dh. He is always up in Indiana for work. His company's headquarters is in Columbus, IN. We spent a lot of time in Greenwood while we were there and went to downtown Indy one day. It seems like a really nice area!!

I will definitely post pics. I did my first autograph book for DD's birthday trip in 2007 and it was really cute but didn't hold up well (it was fine for the trip, but not as a much-loved and often dragged out scrapbook for a 6yo), so I'm working on some new ideas this time.

At the new house, I'm going to have a dedicated crafting space for the first time, and that'll probably be my next obsession after the ADRs are set - perfect outfits for all 3 kids for every day of the trip, and of course, Halloween costumes for MNSSHP. :thumbsup2

I have been debating how to do our autograph books. With such young kids, I know I don't want anything too nice being dragged around the parks. I've been thinking I would just print some of the cute pages from the DISigns board, and put them on a clipboard to take with us? And then put them in an 8x8 scrapbook album, and do one on each page with a picture of them with the character on the facing page, which I will decorate? I'm not sure. Any advice is welcome!!! And I do worry that they will be too well-loved to last long!

In our house I have a dedicated scrapbook room in our 4th bedroom. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself!! It's MY room-I painted it a really bright sour apple green that makes me happy everytime I open the door, and it's my space that everyone else leaves alone...mostly. Plus I can be messy and then just shut the door. We are planning to have baby #3 next year, and Chad keeps talking about how that will be the baby's room. Is it wrong that I am planning on making my boys share a room so I can keep it?:lmao:
Enjoy your new space, you will love it!!! How soon are you moving?

Hi Jana!! Just wanted to say "hi" and that I'm enjoying your PTR!! We ate dinner at O'hana on our trip and it was my FAVORITE dinner of all of them! The food was sooo good and the dessert was TDF! They bring you as much as you want--it's incredible! They also have coconut races for the kids which Ally really enjoyed. Crystal Palace was a close 2nd. The buffet is incredible!! The characters are a lot of fun and the building is just beautiful! Our table overlooked the castle!

So you live in Indianapolis? We were up there last summer with my dh. He is always up in Indiana for work. His company's headquarters is in Columbus, IN. We spent a lot of time in Greenwood while we were there and went to downtown Indy one day. It seems like a really nice area!!

Hi and welcome! I had a lot of fun reading your PTR, and I am happy you've started your TR. Your girls are beautiful by the way! I know, 'Ohana is my #1 place I want to eat, and pretty much the only one I am willing to move all around to get. Crystal Palace I really want to get as well, and I hope for our first night, because I think those characters would be kind of a gentle intro to characters for Cooper.

Small world, we are actually in Greenwood! We love it here. My husband grew up here, and we moved here in 2004 after he graduated from vet school. I love that it's big enough there are a lot of things going on downtown that are great for kids, and it's small enough that you can actually get to them. We grew up near Chicago, and while there is a ton to do there, getting downtown was a huge hassle. It's a nice blend here, and we LOVE the zoo and Children's Museum! Did you guys get to see those? If not you should definitely try to if you come back-your girls would love the Museum and it can easily fill a whole day. There's a nice, smaller one in Bloomington (where Indiana U. is) as well. OK, my ad for the Indianapolis Board of Tourism is over:lmao:

I hope you keep reading!

I have been debating how to do our autograph books. With such young kids, I know I don't want anything too nice being dragged around the parks. I've been thinking I would just print some of the cute pages from the DISigns board, and put them on a clipboard to take with us? And then put them in an 8x8 scrapbook album, and do one on each page with a picture of them with the character on the facing page, which I will decorate? I'm not sure. Any advice is welcome!!! And I do worry that they will be too well-loved to last long!

In our house I have a dedicated scrapbook room in our 4th bedroom. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself!! It's MY room-I painted it a really bright sour apple green that makes me happy everytime I open the door, and it's my space that everyone else leaves alone...mostly. Plus I can be messy and then just shut the door. We are planning to have baby #3 next year, and Chad keeps talking about how that will be the baby's room. Is it wrong that I am planning on making my boys share a room so I can keep it?:lmao:
Enjoy your new space, you will love it!!! How soon are you moving?

I kept it pretty simple for DD's birthday scrapbook. Where I went wrong was that in my concern for durability in the parks, I used a foam covered scrapbook as a starting point. It was great for the trip - water resistant and looked wonderful - but in the course of being well-loved, the cover has a tendency to flex and bend, dislodging the decorations. I left the inside mostly blank, except for a couple of front pages with birthday decorations and the basics of our trip (dates, resort). Then when we got home, I added borders and embellishments around the signatures and used the facing page for a photo layout of each character meeting.

We've got 3 kids and just bought a 4 bedroom house. My girls share a room by choice, which works well since the house has 3 upstairs bedrooms and one down. The downstairs bedroom will be an office/craft room - basically space for our desks, a craft table and a whole lot of bookshelves for supplies.

As far as when we're moving, that's a rather sore subject. Our offer was accepted on this house in March and we were supposed to be moved in before my birthday trip to Disney in May. Then closing got pushed back to the week before the trip, then to the week we were supposed to be there, and now until June 18, and my birthday trip became an un-birthday/Food & Wine Festival trip. Hopefully this closing date will hold, so I can get down to the important things in life - planting my gardens and making stuff for our Disney trip! :rotfl:

Hi and welcome! I had a lot of fun reading your PTR, and I am happy you've started your TR. Your girls are beautiful by the way! I know, 'Ohana is my #1 place I want to eat, and pretty much the only one I am willing to move all around to get. Crystal Palace I really want to get as well, and I hope for our first night, because I think those characters would be kind of a gentle intro to characters for Cooper.

Small world, we are actually in Greenwood! We love it here. My husband grew up here, and we moved here in 2004 after he graduated from vet school. I love that it's big enough there are a lot of things going on downtown that are great for kids, and it's small enough that you can actually get to them. We grew up near Chicago, and while there is a ton to do there, getting downtown was a huge hassle. It's a nice blend here, and we LOVE the zoo and Children's Museum! Did you guys get to see those? If not you should definitely try to if you come back-your girls would love the Museum and it can easily fill a whole day. There's a nice, smaller one in Bloomington (where Indiana U. is) as well. OK, my ad for the Indianapolis Board of Tourism is over:lmao:

I hope you keep reading!

No way!! I can't believe you live in Greenwood! What a small world!! Greenwood was so nice and I couldn't believe how close it was to Indy! We did not get to visit the zoo and children's museum but we did drive by them and I got pics! We were there only for a weekend.

I will definitely keep reading! I've already subscribed!! :)

I kept it pretty simple for DD's birthday scrapbook. Where I went wrong was that in my concern for durability in the parks, I used a foam covered scrapbook as a starting point. It was great for the trip - water resistant and looked wonderful - but in the course of being well-loved, the cover has a tendency to flex and bend, dislodging the decorations. I left the inside mostly blank, except for a couple of front pages with birthday decorations and the basics of our trip (dates, resort). Then when we got home, I added borders and embellishments around the signatures and used the facing page for a photo layout of each character meeting.

We've got 3 kids and just bought a 4 bedroom house. My girls share a room by choice, which works well since the house has 3 upstairs bedrooms and one down. The downstairs bedroom will be an office/craft room - basically space for our desks, a craft table and a whole lot of bookshelves for supplies.

As far as when we're moving, that's a rather sore subject. Our offer was accepted on this house in March and we were supposed to be moved in before my birthday trip to Disney in May. Then closing got pushed back to the week before the trip, then to the week we were supposed to be there, and now until June 18, and my birthday trip became an un-birthday/Food & Wine Festival trip. Hopefully this closing date will hold, so I can get down to the important things in life - planting my gardens and making stuff for our Disney trip! :rotfl:

I'm glad to hear about your experience with the autograph books, it gives me some food for thought about how to do mine. At least I've got some time to think about it!

The layout of the house sounds perfect for a craft room! That'll be really nice to have it on the lower level. All of our bedrooms are upstairs, so I don't get to be in my craft room much when the boys are awake since they usually play downstairs. Plus it'd be nice to have our computer on the main floor. I think it's sweet that your ODD wants to room with her baby sister. Precious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter