100 days

Even though it was not the most relaxing cruise, with everything going on, I am so happy that we were on the Wonder for this cruise. Our kids had a great cruise. The Panama Canal day was amazing, with no rain at all. My husband and I had Palo brunch as we entered the lake. :) Keeping my fingers crossed for our next one booked for the middle is April 2021!

We were on that cruise as well. It was very surreal being on the ship while everything was going downhill in the outside world.

Within a week after getting back, my wife got sick and had to get tested, but it came back negative. I got sick the following week. We both had the same symptoms (fever, aches, and chest pains) and I really believe we both had the virus despite the negative test. Fortunately, we both recovered within a week on our own.. And, yes, we were both working from home and not going anywhere during that time.

We were on that cruise as well. It was very surreal being on the ship while everything was going downhill in the outside world.

Within a week after getting back, my wife got sick and had to get tested, but it came back negative. I got sick the following week. We both had the same symptoms (fever, aches, and chest pains) and I really believe we both had the virus despite the negative test. Fortunately, we both recovered within a week on our own.. And, yes, we were both working from home and not going anywhere during that time.
Have you considered getting the test to see if you actually had the virus and now have the antibodies? I understand the Red Cross is giving the test free if you give blood. I trust their test because they are looking for people whom can help those suffering from the virus with antibodies from those whom had the virus
It’s not a well reported fact, but many of the early tests were faulty in the US and part of the reason why it took so long to get the “test for everyone“ finally off the ground. I’m thinking you might be in that faulty testing group.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear you got sick. My husband and I tested positive with no real symptoms at all. I thought I had a sinus infection and my husband just thought it was allergies from all the trees in bloom when we got home. It really is a crazy virus!

We were on that cruise but we debarked on Cozumel as my DD broke her femur in Cozumel and had to have surgery there. Looking back it was a nightmarish couple of days but we ended up staying on the island until late March with everything paid by our insurance and after the surgery we actually had a great time in an all inclusive resort waiting for a flight to become available.
A couple of our table mates got the CV upon return and have not heard back from them since April.. I'm scared to contact them... looks like we dodged a bullet.
Was that the last DCL sailing?

Sorry to hear you got sick. My husband and I tested positive with no real symptoms at all. I thought I had a sinus infection and my husband just thought it was allergies from all the trees in bloom when we got home. It really is a crazy virus!

Our symptoms were pretty mild, just didn't feel real good for about 4 or 5 days with a mild fever so we were fortunate. The good thing is we should be immune now, at least for a while, with the current rise in cases. But like I said, we're not 100% sure it was the virus but we both had flu shots and I think its too much of a coincidence.

It would be interesting to get an antibody test just to find out for sure.

We were on that cruise but we debarked on Cozumel as my DD broke her femur in Cozumel and had to have surgery there. Looking back it was a nightmarish couple of days but we ended up staying on the island until late March with everything paid by our insurance and after the surgery we actually had a great time in an all inclusive resort waiting for a flight to become available.
A couple of our table mates got the CV upon return and have not heard back from them since April.. I'm scared to contact them... looks like we dodged a bullet.
Was that the last DCL sailing?
We heard about your daughter through the grapevine. You know how it is when there are medical debarkations. I am so glad that things are ok now.

Out of curiosity, did you still get the 40% off voucher even though you didn't complete the cruise?

We heard about your daughter through the grapevine. You know how it is when there are medical debarkations. I am so glad that things are ok now.

Out of curiosity, did you still get the 40% off voucher even though you didn't complete the cruise?

Thank you for saying that.
Yes, all went well. Super scary during surgery and couple of days after but then after it was "awesome" (those are my daughters words)... she really enjoyed being pampered at the hospital and at the Meliá for a couple of weeks.
Yes, we did get the discount and used it thanks to a wonderful person we met on the cruise and advised us about it.
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter