10 NIGHTS RPR...MARDI GRAS & COCKTAILS....MARCH 2018 TRIP

Yay :yay: another Carole trip report.

I think it's wonderful that you get to spend over 2 months of the year at your happy place.

Looking forward to your latest adventures.

Hi Carole,

So happy to read another report from you, I so enjoy them :flower1:

I love all your trips planned for this year, how nice for Tom to be retired and you all can travel even more:thumbsup2

Yeah! Carole I’am here to read another of your great trip reports. Count me in. I look forward to your well written description of your trip and the beautiful pictures and your smiling faces.

Yay :yay: another Carole trip report.

I think it's wonderful that you get to spend over 2 months of the year at your happy place.

Looking forward to your latest adventures.

:welcome: Vicki.........

Glad to have along for another trip again........yep, one guy didn't believe how long we stayed ........till the Club Supervisor said yep, they do stay that long....:D

Hope you enjoy this one.........:)

Hi Carole,

So happy to read another report from you, I so enjoy them :flower1:

I love all your trips planned for this year, how nice for Tom to be retired and you all can travel even more:thumbsup2

:welcome:

Glad you found me again.........I`m so glad joined us again, and glad you enjoy reading them again..........

Yep, we are loving this early retirement carry on........it feels like everyday is a vacation now........and yes, more Orlando time is always good!!!

Yeah! Carole I’am here to read another of your great trip reports. Count me in. I look forward to your well written description of your trip and the beautiful pictures and your smiling faces.

:welcome:

To you too Robo..........I`m so glad you enjoy my ramblings..........I hope this one matches the others since you have enjoyed them.......

I really look back right now and think we didn't do anything......then I look at the two thousand pictures we took and think yep, we must have done something!!

Nice to have you along........:)

MARCH 13TH.......OVERNIGHT AT AIRPORT.........

So the day had finally arrived where our trip to the real magic place could begin.........after a few sleepless nights, purely with excitement, we woke up to begin our day. I don't think anyone sleeps the night before a trip do they?

I had packed most of our clothes and anything else we needed the night before. We are kinda last minute packers.......I see no need to have clothes sitting in a suitcase for weeks ahead of us going......I`d need to wash them all again if I did that.......but my friends say I have a strange fetish for doing laundry........I kinda do. I had heard Kyle in his bathroom after I had showered, so I began that dreadful feeling of apprehension again for going away without him again. It was getting better......and a little easier than the first few times we had to leave him behind. It is a strange feeling leaving him behind, although this time and last September it wasn't too bad as he has a wonderful job that he loves, so it makes it easier knowing he has plenty going on in his life. I don't talk much about what Kyle gets up to usually as I value his privacy and don't want to put too much about him online or share very personal info......I know most people get that and understand.

So, down to breakfast and the atmosphere this morning is very jovial.......we are all incredibly happy. Kyle had finished before his dad came down, so he went upstairs to get into his suit and we finished off our breakfast and then waited for Kyle to leave with a hot mug of English breakfast tea.

He came down and was ready to leave and my sudden change of mood took me by surprise. I suddenly felt incredibly sad and tried not to cry and I managed it........I didn't cry.......much.........he wished us a happy vacation and we knew he`d be fine........so, hugs all around and eventually he made it out to his car on the driveway and managed to drive out with us waving like demons at him.........we would Skype later though......I know some folks think I`m too soppy with him, but it`s just the way I am and hope I never change.

So with Kyle gone, we again cleared up and I gave my mum a call. That poor woman is convinced we are going to tell her one day we aren't coming back and just staying there.........well, I can see why she thinks that. I wouldn't move any further away right now anyway.......just wouldn't do it.

So we passed an hour or so and got last minute toiletry items packed in the cases........it takes around 3 hours to get to Manchester Airport from where we live and the drive up is quite pleasant........traffic permitting of course.......the weather today was gorgeous, sun was shining and it felt quite warm.........so eventually we loaded up the car and again tried to work out how to stack the cases......every trip we have to remember how they fit.......our car is low and sleek and although our cases and hand luggage fit in......when there`s 3 of us it`s quite tight.

But we manage and I stick the 80`s channel and we set off..........finally.

The drive is uneventful thankfully........and we pull into the Radisson car park around 12.20. It was somewhat duller over this side of the country, but Manchester is well known for a lot of rain. We had made good time.......so, cases out and we trundle up to the 3rd floor to check in........we hadn't managed to get Business lounge this time and soon saw why........there was a whole set of footballers staying and seemed to have taken over the whole lounge.......so to be honest we were quite glad as it had been so quiet in December, but it would be mobbed and maybe a little rowdy this time. So check in was easy and we asked for an early morning alarm call.....and we set up to our room.

We were on the 6th floor and as always we got a view of the airport.........it`s a little childish but we do love being able to see the planes coming and going and generally enjoy the buzz of the airport......especially when you wake at 2am and can`t sleep, there`s always something to see.

The rooms are always lovely and fresh, and very clean which is the most important thing. And very familiar.

i-39bDS83-XL.jpg

i-X4x225X-XL.jpg

i-drBzCNv-XL.jpg

Not the nicest of views, but we enjoy it.

i-WHhTqSH-XL.jpg

Our room includes all our parking while we were away. Some say its too expensive to stay there, but for us it`s ideal. Convenient for the terminals and we don't need to worry about the car while we are away. As soon as we drop our travel clothes back in the car we hand the keys in to an envelope to front desk and don't think about it again till we come back. There are cheaper hotel options at the airport, but we like this one.

By now I`m hungry........nothing new there :P........breakfast had been early and it was now around 1pm........so we went down and sat in the Little M bar and we ordered a drink and some food.........we both got a glass of wine and Tom ordered a honey ham sandwich with fries and I opted for a Cajun chicken wrap with fries........

But we always toast to the start of our trip and wine is as good as any toast..........

i-P73RtDQ-XL.jpg

i-PB94v8d-XL.jpg

We didn`t have to wait long for food, and I was quite surprised as the bar was the busiest we had ever seen it.

i-TF4LBZ6-XL.jpg

i-cTRBVTN-XL.jpg

They were actually really nice.......and then I realized I had forgotten to ask if there was any onion in the wrap.......so before I bit into it I asked at the bar and was assured there was no onion.......so it was fine for me to eat. I adore onions, and miss eating them but it`s not worth it really........

We realized how hungry we both were when we began to eat.......so much so we asked for a couple of bags of potato chips........they were nice too.

We sat for an hour or so as we really didn't have anything else to do..........it was lovely just sitting and chatting and passing the afternoon away and with a glass of wine too is always nice.

The bar manager asked if we were interested in Happy hour that was just starting........of course we were.........so we each got a glass of bubbly.......and then since the bottle was freshly opened we got another just for good measure..........they were nice........

i-h8kJrnH-XL.jpg

i-g2LJskf-XL.jpg

At this rate we`d be pickled by 5pm!!!! But, so nice..........

Eventually before we asked for another we paid our check and left to go for a walk down to the terminal just to have a mooch.......the walk would do us good after our lunch.........

i-VFcPWL9-XL.jpg

There really wasn't anything to see as we knew, but we wandered into one of the coffee shops and had a very indulgent white chocolate some fancy name or other and shared a little lemon cake.........then walked back down and went up to our room where Tom snoozed for a little bit and I went on ipad and sent some emails to friends I hadn't seen in a while......all while glancing out the window to watch the goings on at the airport. I find I can sit and watch and just day dream while I`m doing it........I`m not hard to amuse at times.

It was soon time for dinner and we always eat in the hotel restaurant, The Collage. Food is always good and we enjoy the relaxed atmosphere in there. We are seated immediately and she asks where we would like to sit, so as always I ask for a window seat.....and we do get a table overlooking the runway, although it is dark and there`s nothing much to see.

Ivano is our waiter and he has taken care of us our last few visits there. Such a polite well mannered guy.......we decide to go with the pizza menu tonight and we order a bottle of wine........I know the wine I want but it`s out of stock which is unusual........so we go for another choice and hope it`s nice. Ivano assures us if we don't like it we won`t pay for it.........can`t ask for more than that.

It is lovely though........we also drink lots of water as I can`t imagine travel day if I was feeling a little lethargic.

i-Jc96RK5-XL.jpg

i-QWGGJ6g-XL.jpg

Tom had ordered the Philly cheesesteak pizza which had a very weird but delicious sauce on the base......it was kinda sweet and so delicious........I went for the American hot but we asked for hot chilli flakes and he also brought the Tabasco sauce........we like food spicy.

i-sqhkb97-XL.jpg

i-tCvvD8H-XL.jpg

Food was so good.........we really enjoyed our pizza`s and we did indeed enjoy the wine....so with no room for dessert which I was sad about as I adore the crème brulee they have there........but we paid the check and went upstairs to Skype Kyle.......

I just put my ipad on when he called so we had timed it nice.........but internet wasn't great so we had a brief chat and abandoned that idea......said we would talk at RP once we were all settled in.

So after looking out the window and watching the giant Pakistani Airways behemoth head towards the runway to take off, we made a cup of tea and put the tv on.......I have no idea what we watched but around 10.30 we both felt incredibly tired........so I set the alarm on my ipad, the tv and made sure the alarm call was in place and we got into what is an exceptionally comfortable and giant bed........and we actually went to sleep almost immediately.......

Next up is Travel Day........

That’s why my trip countdowns are how many wake ups before a trip as no one sleeps well the night before a departure

I know I've said this before but I just love Tom's expression with a glass of wine in his hand! Pure joy!! I'm with him!

Fantastic!!

That’s why my trip countdowns are how many wake ups before a trip as no one sleeps well the night before a departure

Thanks mac.......always glad to see you enjoy reading along........

Yep, the countdowns I have on my computer for our trips are all how many sleeps......although sleep is sometimes the last thing we do as we are so excited to get away usually........:D

I know I've said this before but I just love Tom's expression with a glass of wine in his hand! Pure joy!! I'm with him!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

That is so true........my husband does love his wine........mind you so do I........:blush:

That first glass of vacation vino is sheer heaven, isn’t it? Carole, you look so cute in your black polka dot dress and ankle boots! This trip report is off to a great start, as always.

:wave: .... Glad to see another trip report. I love reading the reports:thumbsup2 ...Glad you had an amazing time again. I agree with you that Orlando is our happy place too:goodvibes

I am so happy you started your new report...I have been anxiously awaiting! Can't wait to read!

:welcome: along wiscbugs.........glad to have you along again........hope it’s fun for you!

I have to ask about your username........I’ve convinced myself the wisc is short for Wisconsin......am I right??? Do I win a prize..........:D

That first glass of vacation vino is sheer heaven, isn’t it? Carole, you look so cute in your black polka dot dress and ankle boots! This trip report is off to a great start, as always.

:welcome: back again too cocofifi..........a woman after my own heart........vacation vino has a nice ring to it.......that’ll stick........lol......

Aw thanks.......I just realised though I had the same outfit on when we went to the Radisson in the December trip report .......oh dear........I’m not really someone who notices what I wear and when.......:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter