10/7-14/2012 Jamborini Meet for Food & Wine. Everyone is Welcome!

I will not be able to keep the old dates, we were going only for the meet and the wine and dine...

Crap, this is not good...

What.... Do we know this is true?

I will not be able to keep the old dates, we were going only for the meet and the wine and dine...

Crap, this is not good...

Unfortunately true :sad1:

I'm not happy with Swolphin. If 10/12-13 wasn't "confirmed" they should have posted "tentative dates 10/12-13" on their site. :sad2:

I'm so sorry we won't get the chance to see you in October.

How are you feeling? Better every day, I hope! :goodvibes

Welcome Back, we missed you! But you came back to crappy news! :(

So Brandi cant come now?
laura, you have to find a way to place the word CRAP into the title of this thread now lol
have a good weekend everyone!

I think I may just book SSR for now and wait til 7 mths and try to move....
The 2013 point charts were released....so THV should work for 10.13.13 weekend...:) OOPS wrong thread.....
I really hope Swolphin was not swayed by that silly TOT 10K that weekend ...I WAS SO excited when Laura first told me the dates of the Classic, I was like I knew it!!! YAY!

Now its...

CRAP!
lol

Welcome Back, we missed you! But you came back to crappy news! :(

So Brandi cant come now?
laura, you have to find a way to place the word CRAP into the title of this thread now lol
have a good weekend everyone!

I think I may just book SSR for now and wait til 7 mths and try to move....
The 2013 point charts were released....so THV should work for 10.13.13 weekend...:) OOPS wrong thread.....
I really hope Swolphin was not swayed by that silly TOT 10K that weekend ...I WAS SO excited when Laura first told me the dates of the Classic, I was like I knew it!!! YAY!

Now its...

CRAP!
lol

:laughing: I like the "crap" in the title idea, but not sure the Mods would approve. (that, plus I can't remember how to edit the title!! :rotfl2:)

I'm not sure WHY Swolphin made the change, but that's also the first weekend for Epcot F&WF so, even with the ToT race, I don't think that was the wisest decision. :confused3

October (historically) is a BIG convention month at Swolphin so they may have landed a big convention and had to change dates. Things hadn't been as busy (convention-wise) in October the last couple years and I think Swolphin was grateful for the business they got during F&W Classic. (just guessing here! ;))

It's a shame we're going to miss it, but given the choice I'd much rather celebrate Diana's 39th birthday with her than attend the Classic. :thumbsup2

JD is feeling like crap today. Poor guy - it's the middle of the day and he's in bed asleep. He usually "power naps" in his TV chair, but this is very unusual. :sad1:

:laughing: I like the "crap" in the title idea, but not sure the Mods would approve. (that, plus I can't remember how to edit the title!! :rotfl2:)

I'm not sure WHY Swolphin made the change, but that's also the first weekend for Epcot F&WF so, even with the ToT race, I don't think that was the wisest decision. :confused3

October (historically) is a BIG convention month at Swolphin so they may have landed a big convention and had to change dates. Things hadn't been as busy (convention-wise) in October the last couple years and I think Swolphin was grateful for the business they got during F&W Classic. (just guessing here! ;))

It's a shame we're going to miss it, but given the choice I'd much rather celebrate Diana's 39th birthday with her than attend the Classic. :thumbsup2

JD is feeling like crap today. Poor guy - it's the middle of the day and he's in bed asleep. He usually "power naps" in his TV chair, but this is very unusual. :sad1:

Well I have changed our reservations to the September Dates.... I really hate that I am gonna miss you all. :mad:

We arrive on the 28th and depart on the first of October

Well I have changed our reservations to the September Dates.... I really hate that I am gonna miss you all. :mad:

We arrive on the 28th and depart on the first of October

Brandi, I am glad that you and David (and your friends I assume) will be able to do the Classic! Are you staying at BCV?

Brandi, I am glad that you and David (and your friends I assume) will be able to do the Classic! Are you staying at BCV?

yes, we went ahead and called DVC to change the dates since the 7th month had not opened yet... We did not want to wait. So the four of us are now booked in September, I am so sad we will not be together.

:sad2:

yes, we went ahead and called DVC to change the dates since the 7th month had not opened yet... We did not want to wait. So the four of us are now booked in September, I am so sad we will not be together.

:sad2:

JD and I are talking about making a quick trip down for that weekend. Of course, that is just chatter at this point. I still have every intention of keeping the October dates, so I'm not sure how realistic we're being -- but it will come together if it's meant to be! ;)

JD and I are talking about making a quick trip down for that weekend. Of course, that is just chatter at this point. I still have every intention of keeping the October dates, so I'm not sure how realistic we're being -- but it will come together if it's meant to be! ;)

ok well you talk about it and decide that you need to be there for wine and dine with two crazy people from Maryland...

ok well you talk about it and decide that you need to be there for wine and dine with two crazy people from Maryland...

If we do what we're talking about doing, we'll be the two crazy people from Georgia!!! :crazy::crazy:

I suppose this wouldn't be the craziest thing we've ever done!!! :laughing:

If I lived in GA I would be thinking along the same lines you and JD are, Laura! :thumbsup:

I hope he is feeling better today. :hug:

If I lived in GA I would be thinking along the same lines you and JD are, Laura! :thumbsup2

I hope he is feeling better today. :hug:

Thanks, Elin. No, he's still got no energy and no appetite. :confused3 He just left to take a walk to see if fresh air would help. I made him take his phone along. Whether he thinks so or not, he WILL be going to the doctor tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Sometimes living so close to Florida (yet so far :laughing:) is a curse. Luckily, JD loves WDW almost as much as I do. :love: He didn't flinch when I came up with the idea! :yay:

I went ahead and booked 2 nights at the Swan (9/28-30) at the Teacher Rate ($159/night). Dolphin didn't have any availability. I wonder if they're blocking the rooms to offer for the F&W Classic package?

Still have no idea IF we'll be able to make the Swolphin Classic, but I booked the room, just in case! ;) The "resort fee" is going up to $14/night. :rolleyes:

Definitely doing the October dates; "maybe" on the September dates. :)

There are still rooms available with the Teacher discount 10/12-14/2012 at both Swan & Dolphin. :confused:

Late October 2011, I booked Swan for $169/night + tax + $12.00 "Resort Charge" = $202.13. Today the rate is $189/night + tax + $14 "Service Package" = $226.63.

Dolphin's Teacher rate for 10/12-14 is $199/night + tax + $14 "Service Package" = $237.88.

:confused3

I'm not messing with that reservation -- I like the rate I got! :)

So, if I were to book a different reservation for the first part of our October trip, I could modify the Dolphin one and just keep the last two nights? That might be what we do. I have a friend with BWV points she needs to rent....

So, if I were to book a different reservation for the first part of our October trip, I could modify the Dolphin one and just keep the last two nights? That might be what we do. I have a friend with BWV points she needs to rent....

Yes, you can modify. The only downside would be IF the rate had increased, they would charge you the higher rate.

I keep checking rates long after I've made the reservation. If the rate goes down or you find a better rate on a 3rd party site such as Travelocity, Swolphin will give you the lower rate! :thumbsup2

OK, I really need to step away from the computer!! :laughing:

Here's what I posted on FB:

There was a good-sized group of us coming for 10/12-13. We can't change our dates now. I really wish you had posted "tentative dates Oct 12-13, 2012" initially. That might have made a difference. Sorry we will miss it. :(
January 13 at 8:57pm

Here's what Swolphin posted back today:

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin: I am so sorry to hear that. We have done our research and found that the wrong dates have been posted on another Disney info website. We are working to correct this mistake, but the official dates according to us here at the Swan and Dolphin are listed above. Again very sorry for the misinformation out there!

I appreciate their taking the time to post back, but it was THEIR website that had the "wrong" dates!!! :rotfl:

JD is starting to self-diagnose now (thanks to help from his co-workers!) :sad2: He's able to work, but still not feeling 100%. Several hours ago, he called and asked me to look up some symptoms on the internet for him and you know what I did? I told him "nope - get your butt to the doctor!" (now let's see if he listens! :rolleyes:)

OK, I really need to step away from the computer!! :laughing:

Here's what I posted on FB:

There was a good-sized group of us coming for 10/12-13. We can't change our dates now. I really wish you had posted "tentative dates Oct 12-13, 2012" initially. That might have made a difference. Sorry we will miss it. :(
January 13 at 8:57pm

Here's what Swolphin posted back today:

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin: I am so sorry to hear that. We have done our research and found that the wrong dates have been posted on another Disney info website. We are working to correct this mistake, but the official dates according to us here at the Swan and Dolphin are listed above. Again very sorry for the misinformation out there!

I appreciate their taking the time to post back, but it was THEIR website that had the "wrong" dates!!! :rotfl:

JD is starting to self-diagnose now (thanks to help from his co-workers!) :sad2: He's able to work, but still not feeling 100%. Several hours ago, he called and asked me to look up some symptoms on the internet for him and you know what I did? I told him "nope - get your butt to the doctor!" (now let's see if he listens! :rolleyes:)

Hope JD feels better and goes to the DR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter