10/7-14/2012 Jamborini Meet for Food & Wine. Everyone is Welcome!

Tell JD to go to the doctor!!! (I need a "hands on the hip" smiley here!)

Sounds like the folks over at S&D are realizing their mistake... wonder how many people canceled their reservations?

I had planned to book BWV with a friend's rented points yesterday. We had almost finalized the transaction when I heard from the surgical center where Bob's cataract surgery is scheduled for next week. They will let us know "the afternoon before his surgery" how much money we owe them. In advance. Well! That was a surprise to us. Could be a lot, I am told. So... no changes to any WDW plans at this point. Maybe after the dust settles! :eek:

Tell JD to go to the doctor!!! (I need a "hands on the hip" smiley here!)

Sounds like the folks over at S&D are realizing their mistake... wonder how many people canceled their reservations?

I had planned to book BWV with a friend's rented points yesterday. We had almost finalized the transaction when I heard from the surgical center where Bob's cataract surgery is scheduled for next week. They will let us know "the afternoon before his surgery" how much money we owe them. In advance. Well! That was a surprise to us. Could be a lot, I am told. So... no changes to any WDW plans at this point. Maybe after the dust settles! :eek:

Elin,

This is for you ...
handonhip.gif

Sending Pixie Dust for the surgery.

He is just perfect, Brandi!! I hope Laura shows it to JD!!

:laughing: You mean JD, the stubborn old goat?!! :rotfl2:

Anything to avoid going to the doctor -- he actually "willed" himself to be better!! :rotfl:

I can tell its genuine though so we'll let him off the hook this time. :rolleyes1 If he so much as mentions an ache or pain in the few months, I'll drag his butt to the doctor!! ;)

Hey, I don't know how I missed this thread being started. I just found out from Brandi yesterday that they had changed the dates of the Swolphin Classic.

I second the CRAP! (or third or fourth it!) I can't really change my dates either because it would put us with two trips in September that would be too close.

I will be on Disney Property starting the 12th and would love to join in on any festivities catching up on the tail end of the Jamborini Celebration!

Hey, I don't know how I missed this thread being started. I just found out from Brandi yesterday that they had changed the dates of the Swolphin Classic.

I second the CRAP! (or third or fourth it!) I can't really change my dates either because it would put us with two trips in September that would be too close.

I will be on Disney Property starting the 12th and would love to join in on any festivities catching up on the tail end of the Jamborini Celebration!

Great! :thumbsup2 Right now the only thing planned (and it's a biggie!) is Diana's birthday brunch on the 13th. Time and place TBD, but most likely an Epcot resort or AKV! ;)

Well, well, well......well CRAP! I have been out of town due to a family death and have not been on the DIS. Now I sign in and find that S&D changed the dates!

Now, what? I guess cancel the Dolphin to start with. :headache:

We were going to meet family at WDW to celebrate our 30th anniversary in October . But we were going to be solo for the Jamborini meet and I so wanted to meet you all and do the S&D food thing (so upset can't remember the name). I have to talk to my DH and family.

Darn it anyway!

Angel16

Well, well, well......well CRAP! I have been out of town due to a family death and have not been on the DIS. Now I sign in and find that S&D changed the dates!

Now, what? I guess cancel the Dolphin to start with. :headache:

We were going to meet family at WDW to celebrate our 30th anniversary in October . But we were going to be solo for the Jamborini meet and I so wanted to meet you all and do the S&D food thing (so upset can't remember the name). I have to talk to my DH and family.

Darn it anyway!

Angel16

Sorry to hear about the death in your family. :hug:

You should still come in October! :thumbsup2 The S&D Food and Wine Classic won't be there, but some of us Js & Ks will be! :yay:

;)

Great! :thumbsup2 Right now the only thing planned (and it's a biggie!) is Diana's birthday brunch on the 13th. Time and place TBD, but most likely an Epcot resort or AKV! ;)

That sounds like fun! I saw the champagne selection a few pages back, I don't think we get that out in California, I've never seen it before. I'll have to go easy on the brunch, I want to sign up for the Grand Mariner Tasting at 2:30PM that day since I had to cancel last year, I hope that they offer it again!

That sounds like fun! I saw the champagne selection a few pages back, I don't think we get that out in California, I've never seen it before. I'll have to go easy on the brunch, I want to sign up for the Grand Mariner Tasting at 2:30PM that day since I had to cancel last year, I hope that they offer it again!

It is a decent bubbly... can be used for so many thing besides just drinking! Added to sangria instead of club soda, etc.

And... the Grand Marnier thingy is loads of fun. And loads of alcohol! I wasn't sure Laura and I were going to be able to walk out of Bistro in a straight line. :lmao:

It is a decent bubbly... can be used for so many thing besides just drinking! Added to sangria instead of club soda, etc.

And... the Grand Marnier thingy is loads of fun. And loads of alcohol! I wasn't sure Laura and I were going to be able to walk out of Bistro in a straight line. :lmao:

:rotfl: How true! :drinking1

Definitely a fun event!! :thumbsup2

I guess we'll have to wait until July or August (if history repeats :headache:) to find out which paid events are available for our October dates.

One of my friends keeps raving about the French Regional Lunch so I may have to look into that for this trip! :)

I guess we'll have to wait until July or August (if history repeats :headache:) to find out which paid events are available for our October dates.

One of my friends keeps raving about the French Regional Lunch so I may have to look into that for this trip! :)

I have heard nothing but great things about most of the Frunch(s)... some are better than others. But I would love to do one this year if we can work it out.

Sorry to hear about the death in your family. :hug:

You should still come in October! :thumbsup2 The S&D Food and Wine Classic won't be there, but some of us Js & Ks will be! :yay:

;)

Thank you Laura for your kind words :hug: Sorry, I was just so disappointed with the date change. I have notified the family and DH and I are talking about dates and which resort to stay at. I know it will all work out :)

So the dates stand for the Jamborini meet?

Angel16

I have heard nothing but great things about most of the Frunch(s)... some are better than others. But I would love to do one this year if we can work it out.

:thumbsup2

Thank you Laura for your kind words :hug: Sorry, I was just so disappointed with the date change. I have notified the family and DH and I are talking about dates and which resort to stay at. I know it will all work out :)

So the dates stand for the Jamborini meet?

Angel16

As of now, the dates stand for the Meet. It might be a smaller group than originally planned, but it will still be a fun time! ;)

DH and I are still planning to make it down for S&D Food/Wine Classic 9/28-29 (as are Brandi & David) - but that's not a definite for us. Oct 7-14 is. :)

I'm leaving in the morning for 2 weeks at Ft Bragg. I will check in here when I can. I don't want any more surprises like what happened when I was at Ft Carson, OK? (the S&D dates changing! :headache:)

:rotfl:

(I need a "hands on the hip" smiley here!)

Elin, Sending prayers and wishes for a super great surgery for Bob. Also hope the money they want in advance is a small amount. :goodvibes

Angel16

We're staying at the BCV so hopefully we'll make it home OK!

I was scheduled for one of those last year, I hope to do one on the 14th.

I'm leaving in the morning for 2 weeks at Ft Bragg. I will check in here when I can. I don't want any more surprises like what happened when I was at Ft Carson, OK? (the S&D dates changing! :headache:)

Hopefully you aren't having to deal with the ice we are getting here in VA this morning!! Have fun at Ft. Bragg. :thumbsup2

Elin, Sending prayers and wishes for a super great surgery for Bob. Also hope the money they want in advance is a small amount. :goodvibes

Thanks, Angel. :goodvibes

Hopefully you aren't having to deal with the ice we are getting here in VA this morning!! Have fun at Ft. Bragg. :thumbsup2

ICE?!! :eek: No ice here -- just severe thunderstorms and a tornado watch!! :eek: Often a small rain shower is enough to screw up all the flights out of ATL so this could get interesting! :upsidedow

I have the feeling this is going to be a LONG day!! :laughing: Glad JD is up to the task of driving me to the airport (over an hour from home)! :goodvibes

Leaving now. Wish me luck!! ;)

ICE?!! :eek: No ice here -- just severe thunderstorms and a tornado watch!! :eek: Often a small rain shower is enough to screw up all the flights out of ATL so this could get interesting! :upsidedow

I have the feeling this is going to be a LONG day!! :laughing: Glad JD is up to the task of driving me to the airport (over an hour from home)! :goodvibes

Leaving now. Wish me luck!! ;)

Have a safe trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter