10/02/04 Antigua Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, looks like Mary Jo stole it right out from under you! I'd say she owes you a drink for being so MEAN!

Final packing for tonight.

Load everything up in the van and leave tomorrow. Fiona has to be at work early tomorrow and I have to run some final errands so the day will be fairly busy. We want to leave sometime around noon or so, but that usually means one or two hours later.

I need to start turning off all of the switches later tonight so if I don't get back here, we'll see everyone at PC or on the ship.

I'll be the one with no hair.

Jim.

Originally posted by usetheforceluke
Final packing for tonight.

I'll be the one with no hair.

Jim.

....and no tie either!

Have a safe journey.......looking forward to meeting you soon!

Jim and Fiona hope you have a safe drive down. See you at PC on Saturday!

Safe Travels

Jim And Fiona ..

See u Both At the ship...

Peter And Jen

Sharon, so sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

JEN! So nice to see you posting.:bounce:

Jim And Fiona be careful and (as they say down here) "keep it between the ditches"!

Mary Jo...SHAME ON YOU!:earseek: Stealing Kathy's #:teeth:

I have been watching the PC site all day waiting for an update. I guess if the Wonder can dock at PC on Thursday, I can stop worrying.

EVERYONE...stay safe, stay healthy.....we are almost there!

Kathy and I are leaving in the morning and driving to Titusville. Hope to see a lot of you on Friday and everyone on Saturday. We plan on leaving about 3:30 am CDT. Mike

Best wishes for a safe journey to all. Have a wonderful cruise and have fun making new Magical, Wonderful memories with new and old friends.

Originally posted by RellingTwin
It's official! The Magic will be leaving from Port Canaveral! YIPEEE!

You got one of them top secret informants??

Just having supper courtesy the local home delivery pizzeria. The chef was too busy packing and everyone was sitting around waiting for him to finish so that they could be served their gour-may meal. Needless to say I had other priorities. :)

Couldn't resist this one. It's from our national news channel about the ms Rotterdam. It shows the real reasons why ship captains avoid hurricanes and what happens when they quite don't make it.

If you can't convert metric: One metre equals roughly 3 feet 3 inches.

CBC.ca newstory about ms Rotterdam... "The Cruise from Hell."

Thanks for the good wishes... I've finished my pizza and I'm now going to start closing everything down. See you all soon!!!

Jim.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Port reopens for cruise, cargo ships
By Dona Balancia and Scott Blake
FLORIDA TODAY

Port Canaveral reopened late Tuesday for cruise and cargo ships, although dredging of the port's channel will continue to ensure there's enough room for the largest vessels later this week.

Port officials declared the port reopened for shipping at 6 p.m., with some restrictions. The channel is limited to vessels with drafts up to 30 feet, and up to 32 feet at high tide. The draft is the depth a ship's hull extends below the surface of the water.

That's enough underwater clearance for most ships, but "there's still some concern about Mariner of the Seas," Canaveral Port Authority Chief Executive Officer Stan Payne said, referring to one of Royal Caribbean International's largest cruise ships.

Payne said dredging and surveying of the channel will continue to remove a shoal that built up at port's shipping entrance, but there's currently room to spare for most ships

Yippee, so glad that we don't have to drive all the way down to Fort Lauderdale now. Now if only Friday would get here so we can fly down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter