1 or 2 days at Hollywood Studios

To be honest before Toy Story and Star Wars lands I think one day is enough.
We used to do almost 90% of the park attractions with just one day, the key is to arrive early and rope drop at Toy Story or other popular attraction and use fastpass at the others. You should just be fine. just plan everything with fastpasses and make sure you get good timing with the theaters/shows.

Last edited:
We don’t plan on doing any of the Star Wars stuff, our girls aren’t into that. But they do want to do meet and greats, character dining, fantasmic and shows like beauty and the beast, mermaid and frozen.
We are planning 2 days at Epcot and 5 at MK.... and then either the 1 or 2 days at HS. We’ve been to animal kingdom and my kids weren’t huge fans so we were going to skip it this trip. I just wasn’t sure if we could do all the shows and rides at HS in one day.

I vote for 2 days(1 1/2 day?). Frozen sing a long is a hoot! Toy Story ride is at least 2 times a day. Beauty an the Beast show is great. Also there is Mermaid, Star tours, Jedi training.
You will want to check out the new land so get Fast passes for both new rides. Which may mean 1 fastpass for each day.

You could make the 2nd day a 1/2 day, then go back to resort for swimming,relax, NAP(for me).

I think it depends how the tiering happens for the new attractions.

With the addition of JUST Toy Story Land this year (and thus only TWO new rides) will they continue tiering or change it to like Animal Kingdom where you can pick ONE of the rides in Toy Story Land (including TSMM)?

Whatever it is, it may make it PRETTY hard to hit all the popular rides at a park with few attractions --

Depending on your family, there is probably more than enough for a day and half at DHS if you want to do it "all" .. (see all the shows, do some M&Gs, hit the rides).

My plan (for a Nov. 2018 trip) is 1 day, but that is mainly due to the fact that my family has hit DHS every trip the past few years, so all I am mainly interested in doing is Toy Story Land and Star Tours and maybe a show or two. If we end up being done before dinner, we may hop to Epcot, but I suspect with a 6 yo, 2yo, and four adults (the grandparents haven't been since 2010) .. we will have plenty to do.

I mean .. I've been to DHS at least a half day every trip for the last few years and I still have not seen Beauty and the Beast. :).

Controversially to everyone else - it's currently a half day park with me, I'm just not a show person! So Muppets, Rock n Roller Coaster, Star Tours, Toy Story, Tower and Fantasmic can be knocked out in an afternoon with Fastpass. Toy Story will bump it up to a day I think with the queues alone. Slinky Dog is good fun, but if it's identical to the Paris one it isn't worth queuing more than 15 mins for.

the opening of toy story land will bump HS up to a 1 day park from a 1/2 day park for me ...
This!! I find very little to do at this park now that they have removed so much. There is a lot of little kid stuff here that is great. But we personally have no interest in Disney jr. And all the stuff in that complex. I will be glad when they get this park built back up because we always have enjoyed it. I almost scratched it for my upcoming trip but decided to make it a shorter day with a good ADR that evening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter