1..... 2....... 3....... 4.....

Airplane bottles? Or the size I'm looking for?

"Before going metric in Canada a standard bottle of spirits was 26 ounces (now 750 ml)and called a 26'er or a two-six. When a Canadian says the word "bottle" this is the size that's meant.

A "mickey" was half the volume if the standard bottle and usually a flask shaped glass bottle, though any bottle of 13 ounces (or 375 ml) could be called a mickey.

There was also a "Texas Mickey" which was one imperial gallon (3.79 litres). It came with a pump and stood on the floor like a keg, but it was usually a giant-sized bottle of whatever brand spirits it was. These were usually for promotional purposes, but sometimes they could end up in private hands and show up at dorm parties etc."

I had popcorn for breakfast this morning. For lunch I had breakfast a Bob Evans! They have these new short stak pancakes in German Chocolate. I wish I didn't know how good they are. This time change has my eating schedule all outta whack!

I must be a Housewife of Atlanta becasue I am tardy to the party!!!! :rolleyes1

ugh! I got sidetrack by work. Don't my coworkers know there is a posting war going on?

And another....

The answers so far seem unfamiliar with the "mickey" as a nickname for a specific bottle size (it is regional and much more common in Canada). Note: "Slipping someone a mickey" is NOT at all what a "mickey of rum" is referring to.

Full size bottles (like a wine bottle) are usually 750 mL. The bottle size referred to as a "mickey" by Canadians (the smaller square, flask-shaped bottles) are usually 375 mL which is not quite 12.7 U.S. fluid ounces.

A single shot is usually 1.5 fluid oz. You can get almost 8.5 shots out of a mickey.

Is it time to go yet?

n1117025522_30029278_7244.jpg

"Before going metric in Canada a standard bottle of spirits was 26 ounces (now 750 ml)and called a 26'er or a two-six. When a Canadian says the word "bottle" this is the size that's meant.

A "mickey" was half the volume if the standard bottle and usually a flask shaped glass bottle, though any bottle of 13 ounces (or 375 ml) could be called a mickey.

There was also a "Texas Mickey" which was one imperial gallon (3.79 litres). It came with a pump and stood on the floor like a keg, but it was usually a giant-sized bottle of whatever brand spirits it was. These were usually for promotional purposes, but sometimes they could end up in private hands and show up at dorm parties etc."

Is anyone surprised by his knowledge of this topic?:confused3:rotfl:

Hi peeps! :)

:wave:

And another....

The answers so far seem unfamiliar with the "mickey" as a nickname for a specific bottle size (it is regional and much more common in Canada). Note: "Slipping someone a mickey" is NOT at all what a "mickey of rum" is referring to.

Full size bottles (like a wine bottle) are usually 750 mL. The bottle size referred to as a "mickey" by Canadians (the smaller square, flask-shaped bottles) are usually 375 mL which is not quite 12.7 U.S. fluid ounces.

A single shot is usually 1.5 fluid oz. You can get almost 8.5 shots out of a mickey.
I think that's the size I'm referring to! It doesn't take much for me...:rotfl:

I had popcorn for breakfast this morning. For lunch I had breakfast a Bob Evans! They have these new short stak pancakes in German Chocolate. I wish I didn't know how good they are. This time change has my eating schedule all outta whack!

That sounds great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter