1/17/09 Magic anyone???

JennKatt,

We are also staying in a cat 3 room. We will be in cabin 8548. Have you ever been in a cabin within the concierge? This will be our second cruise but we were in a cat 6 the last time. We can not wait for this cruise. My two 6 year olds, will be 7 on the cruise, talk about it everyday. Especially my son, James. All he does is bring it up all the time. We will be out to dinner and he will all of a sudden say, "Let's talk about the cruise. Let's go around the table and tell each other what we are going to do on it." My daughter, Moira, just says she is going to play, swim and relax. Boy, does she have the idea.

Tim

We were in a cat 3 one other time. To be honest, it's
really
nice to have the concierge, but most of what they can do for you, you can do for yourself really easily.
However
, having more room and priority for things is a really nice perk. Probably the thing I like the most is check in on the boat. There's no rush, you can do it before everyone else.
Most of all, there's a bathtub. That is worth it alone!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd sleep up in a deck chair...as long as I can cruise! :cloud9:

Happy 200 Days Until We Sail, Everyone!!!!

I just noticed that you are a fellow New Englander on the same cruise as us. We are from MA, about an hour southeast of boston. We are flying out of Logan the day before the cruise with another family. It'll be the 1st cruise for all of us. YIPPEE!!!:cool1:

I just noticed that you are a fellow New Englander on the same cruise as us. We are from MA, about an hour southeast of boston. We are flying out of Logan the day before the cruise with another family. It'll be the 1st cruise for all of us. YIPPEE!!!:cool1:

Where in Mass. are you originally from? I am from Watertown and my husband is from Quincy! We are flying down the day before as well, out of Logan. We're on Spirit Airlines. Congrats on the 1st cruise! If you have any questions, we're pretty much pros at this by now! Feel free to ask! Good to meet you too!

Wow I can't believe the countdown is at 200 days. Soon, it will be here. We better start thinking about and researching some excursions. When we went on the Western cruise we really liked the day at the beach in Cozumel. It was a lot of fun. If anyone has been on the Eastern cruise fill us in on some of the good excursions if you will.

Tim

Where in Mass. are you originally from? I am from Watertown and my husband is from Quincy! We are flying down the day before as well, out of Logan. We're on Spirit Airlines. Congrats on the 1st cruise! If you have any questions, we're pretty much pros at this by now! Feel free to ask! Good to meet you too!

We live in Acushnet. I am from here, my husband grew up in Assonet and then lived on Cape cod for a while. We are flying out on Delta. It's the only late flight we could find so that the kids can go to school that day. We're staying at the bestwestern cocoa beach the night b 4 cruise.

Hope everyone had a safe and Happy 4th! I know that when we were watching the fireworks, we kept thinking...in not too long we will be watching these from the deck of the Magic on Pirate Night! Yay!!!!!!!!!!:wizard:

I'm loving the fact that summer sales are already taking place up here in New England. Swim wear, sunscreen and all other cruise necessities are already on clearance and I can start to stock up for the cruise! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! I don't know about anyone else, but I know that my family and I talk about the cruise every moment that we are together. We get prettty obsessive about it! We start looking through the most recent Navigators and menus and looking for changes (yes, we are crazy like that!), start planning where we are going to eat the night before our cruise while we are in Orlando (most likely Bahama Breeze or Buca di Beppo, and then Ohana on the night we get off the cruise), and what we're going to pack! I swear, we LIVE for cruising with DCL!!!!!:love:

I hear ya! Got my 60 can soft sided cooler for DH at ocean state job lot for $16.99 and Bath and Body had a HUGE sale last week and week before. 75%off! Stocked up on some xmas gifts too:) ! Disney online is also having a summer sale.:dance3: :cheer2:

If you have kids, the children's place is having a huge outlet sale online right now with $5 flat rate shipping

Yeah, I took advantage of the summer sale that disneyshopping.com had. We got a ton of beach towels, swim clothing, etc. Plus the stores are now having a big sale too! Yay!!!! :o)

And hooray to us for making it to the 6 month mark!!!!! Hopefully time will FLY by!!!!

Correction, 5 months 4 weeks and 1 day!!!:cool1: :banana: :yay: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2: Now that it's getting closer, I look at my countdown clock everyday. And yes, my husband thinks I am nuts! But, I am sooooo exited!

I do have a couple of ?'s for you about excursions. Do you always use Disney's excursions or have you gone off on your own? We aren't really the "group tour" type of people and are traveling with another family. We would much rather go off on our own, rent a van with a driver or something to show us to the shops and maybe a little beach time on St. Maarten, my kids would get a kick out of that beach with the planes flying over you. And with St. Thomas, I have my heart set on getting over to St. John because I hear it's absolutely beautiful. Any suggestions?:confused:

Question for everyone ... we're doing a pre-stay ... coming in early (after a red-eye flight), on that Wednesday before the cruise ... we're wanting to stay onsite but don't know where the transports pick up at for the day of the cruise. Any suggestions on where to stay?? Also anyone have ideas on how to get discounted tickets to the parks?

CAN NOT WAIT!!!

I do have a couple of ?'s for you about excursions. Do you always use Disney's excursions or have you gone off on your own? We aren't really the "group tour" type of people and are traveling with another family. We would much rather go off on our own, rent a van with a driver or something to show us to the shops and maybe a little beach time on St. Maarten, my kids would get a kick out of that beach with the planes flying over you. And with St. Thomas, I have my heart set on getting over to St. John because I hear it's absolutely beautiful. Any suggestions?:confused:

I have done excursions on my own on the WESTERN Caribbean side. I am not very familiar with the Eastern side, but we will still be doing our excursions on our own. (We are thinking about going to the zipline park.)

Excursions on your own are often much cheaper, and give you more variety. For example, on the Western side in Cozumel, the Dolphin excursion that Disney offered was more expensive and much more limited in the amount of interaction that you can have with the dolphins. We booked the same excursion on our own, payed less money and got a lot more time and more hands of experience with these beautiful animals.

What I would suggest, is start looking online. Simply Google "shore excursions in St. Maarten", etc. Look through some of the places. If you see something you like, trying checking some cruise related chat boards to see if anyone can give you a first-hand report on how they were. Some things that you want to look for are: What is the cancellation policy? If the ship were to be late, or divert it's course, would you get a refund? Will your excursion be over in plenty of time to return to the ship? Are there any age limits? How easy/expensive is the location to reach by taxi?

Hope this helps!

Question for everyone ... we're doing a pre-stay ... coming in early (after a red-eye flight), on that Wednesday before the cruise ... we're wanting to stay onsite but don't know where the transports pick up at for the day of the cruise. Any suggestions on where to stay?? Also anyone have ideas on how to get discounted tickets to the parks?

CAN NOT WAIT!!!

I know that you can get DCL transfers from many of the resorts (Swan and Dolphin included).

Have you considered NOT doing DCL's transfers, though? Just a suggestion, for anyone who is interested. It's often much cheaper to rent a car. That's what we're doing, and we've done it on previous trips too. We rent a car right from Budget or Avis, which are located right at Orlando Airport. We stay in a hotel near the airport (which is often MUCH cheaper than staying on Disney property), drive to Disney for the day, return to the hotel, and then drive to the port the next morning. You can drop off your family at the port, and then drive the 5 minutes to return the rental car. The rental companies then provide free shuttle service to the port. Then, on disembarkation day, same thing....someone takes the shuttle to pick up the car, and comes back and picks everyone up. You can return the car right at the airport. We are getting our car through Avis. It is only $45 on each side of our cruise, so a total of $90. Disney Transfers are $35 per person, per way, so we're talking $70 per person!!!! The other nice thing about renting a car is that you can arrive at the port at whatever time you like, and avoid the long lines. On the DCL busses, you arrive at the time that Disney has established (which is usually after 12pm) and you arrive with a whole hoarde of other passengers, so check in lines can be very long.

Again, just a suggestion. DCL transfers work great and some people LOVE watching the cute little video that they show on the ride over. Plus you don't have to worry about driving or loading a car with your luggage.

CAN NOT WAIT!!!

The following places are the resorts that use the DCL transport:
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin
Disney's Board Walk Inn & Villas
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort.
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings Resort)
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort.
Disney's Beach Club Resort/Villas.
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas

As for discounted tickets use uncovertourist.com or mapleleaftickets.com they are usually the cheapest and most reputable in the business. They are both highly recommended and I have used both of them.

As for a place to stay, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices up there. I have not stayed at Poly, Contemp, Swan/Dolphin but have stayed at the others. They are all deluxe resorts except for POR so if you want to save a little dough to use on the cruise then stay there. Most people like the French Quarter resort a tad better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!