1/17/09 Magic anyone???

Everyone is so quiet!!! LOL! So have any of you started to plan out what you wanna do on the cruise?

Everyone is so quiet!!! LOL! So have any of you started to plan out what you wanna do on the cruise?

I'm looking forward to sea days! I'd love to hit some of the Art of Entertaining sessions this time around - though I imagine I'll be on my own, as I think Jim's looking forward to finding a chair on deck 4 to enjoy a book. I'd love to do some of the tastings as well - the margarita tasting sounds interesting!

We did go out and buy a Magic Bullet this weekend at Costco, so I'm also looking forward to making some milkshakes and smoothies and maybe some mixed drinks of my own. :banana:

Amanda

We're booked! We're booked! :)

Me and DH and our little boy, Jet (4). Plus Papa, Grandma and Auntie Jess. It's our first cruise and I'm so excited, I just wish it wasn't so far away :( Can't even book airline tickets it's so far out. But, it gives me time to potty train the boy...and he can be oh so stubborn.

Hello! Add me to list of cruisers on the 17 Jan 09 Eastern Cruise!! WooHoo! My best friend and her two boys and myself also just returned from the 19 Jan Eastern and we had so much fun that we've booked for the same week next year! This will be my 4th Disney cruise with another planned for Oct 09 for just hubby & I. My kids have cruised with us twice on Disney but now they're older & not really in to hanging out with mom & dad (oh well). I can't wait. We are considering booking a zipline excursion on our own in St. Maarten. I need to do a bit more research. Also, we did the Eco Hike in St. John this past cruise and we fell in love with it there. The beach we went to (Honeymoon Beach) was gorgeous. So we will definitely be going back to do something on St. John again. Looking forward to counting down with all of you. BTW, only 336 days to go!

Welcome TaniaU and BananaButton!

BB, looks like there are a few of us who were on the 1/19 cruise and liked it so much we're doing the same week next year. We're hoping to make this our yearly cruise :)

Jim

Welcome TaniaU and BananaButton!

BB, looks like there are a few of us who were on the 1/19 cruise and liked it so much we're doing the same week next year. We're hoping to make this our yearly cruise :)

Jim

Well, I wouldn't mind doing the Western the previous week at least *once*. :) But I do love the sea days on the Eastern.

Amanda

Yeah more people!!! I have never done the Eastern cruise, but I think we will really enjoy it too. We have done the Western twice and it was great. Now this cruise will be our 7th DCL cruise as we are now booked to go on the DVC members cruise in Sept. 08 as well. I just can't get enough of Disney!!!

I just booked our first cruise ever! It will be me and my 3 (DD11, DD8 and DS6) and my SIL with her DD8. We are leaving the husbands behind and looking for fun and relaxation. We are sooo excited- we haven't told the kids yet but they are a little confused why we are getting passports on Saturday for no apparent reason. Hehehe!

Anyways, it's nice to see so many of you have been on the DCL before so you will be a great source for ALL my questions (wink).

My big question is- how is the weather? I need some guidance in packing. I am one of those really anal planners who buys new clothes and packs 6 months ahead of time~

I just booked our first cruise ever! It will be me and my 3 (DD11, DD8 and DS6) and my SIL with her DD8. We are leaving the husbands behind and looking for fun and relaxation. We are sooo excited- we haven't told the kids yet but they are a littl econfused why we are getting passports on Saturday for no apparent reason. Hehehe!

Anyways, it's nice to see so many of you have been on the DCL before so you will be a great source for ALL my questions (wink).

My big question is- how is the weather? I need some guidance in packing. I am one of those really anal planners who buys new clothes and packs 6 months ahead of time~

The weather on the 1/19/08 cruise was perfect until we hit Castaway Cay. It was in the mid 80's at St. Maarten and St. Thomas. A brief rain shower moved through while at St. Maarten but it only lasted a few minutes. The evenings cooled down a bit but I was still comfortable in shorts up on deck (and I tend to be cold). CC was cold and windy as a front was moving through or had just moved through. There were still some people in the water, but not me!

We had a tough time packing as we expected the nights to be cooler. We ended up with two sets of clothes each day with shorts/t-shirts for the first part and long pants and shirts for the evening. It worked out fine since we wanted to dress up a bit for dinner and actually go every night. :)

Welcome to the cruise!

Jim

Should I pack:
shorts and t-shirts for each day (so 7 of each)
a couple long sleeve shirts and jeans
Formal outfit
semi-formal
2 suits each
Light jacket
and asst shoes, socks, etc.

What do you all use for beach shoes? I read another poster who said the beaches at CC are really rough.

Also- in reading some trip reports they were talkng about times when you are scheduled to have your photo taken. Is this something free or do you get the option to buy it?

I also thought I read somewhere about them taking your photo when you baord the boat the first day and then again when you depart- is that right?
TIA

I would definately pack some shorts and t-shirts. It will still be in the 80's and during the day the boat is quite warm, especailly in the sun. Long pants or jeans, sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt would not be out of the loop at night. This will be especially true if you plan on going out and hanging on the deck. It can get a little chilly up there (my wife tells me). Although it is not real cold I thought. I brought 2 suits and the wife brought 2 dresses for the formal and semi-formal nights. the kids also brought 2 days worth of dress up clothes, sweaters, ties, and dresses and such. I used flip flops just like the wife. the kids wore aqua socks. I did not notice that the beaches were bad at any of the stops when we went.

As for the photos, you are put right in front of the camera just before you pass through the doors of the ship. They did not take any as we were departing. But, there are ample times, especially on formal night to get group shots of your family. They take many photos and place them all in Shutters (the photo shop). You can buy them one by one or you can buy a package. The packages range in price depending upon how many pictures you want. The pictures are very nice and high quality shots. They are not free.

As for excursions (prior posts) I am still thinking about them. As I have only done the Western I am not aware of the Eastern excursions so I am open to ideas. If anyone has any ideas throw them out there I would like to hear them.

Tim
Western 2007 Magic 1/13-20/07 cruise trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1342280

Should I pack:
shorts and t-shirts for each day (so 7 of each)
a couple long sleeve shirts and jeans
Formal outfit
semi-formal
2 suits each
Light jacket
and asst shoes, socks, etc.

What do you all use for beach shoes? I read another poster who said the beaches at CC are really rough.

Also- in reading some trip reports they were talkng about times when you are scheduled to have your photo taken. Is this something free or do you get the option to buy it?

I also thought I read somewhere about them taking your photo when you baord the boat the first day and then again when you depart- is that right?
TIA

WOW! This thread took off!!! I can't believe it! Sorry, I didn't stop in sooner! I couldn't be more excited for January!! My boys have their savings going in their piggy banks and everything!

So where are you all from?
Who's coming with you?

I'll start
I'm Georji and we're from Coeur d'Alene, ID
We will be sailing with DH 2 DS (will be 6 & 7 at time of sailing), and MIL & FIL!

We're so very excited!

Hello Everyone. I have been lurking and reading these threads for months, but decided to bite the bullet and join in.

I was also on the January Thaw, January 19 Eastern cruise.

Loved it so we booked for the same weekend in 2009.

I will be traveling with my DD12, DD6, DD5, and of course DH.

:lovestruc :banana: :dance3:

I will be traveling with my wife and my two children. They are twins and will be 7 at the time of the cruise. We are from Long Island, NY. Can't wait to get on the ship and start enjoying ourselves.

Tim

Hi all!

This will be my DW's and my first ever cruise, and (obviously) first on DCL. Really psyched about it - my DW doesn't want to know details, but I'm a commando-planner-type, so obsess about everything.

We're going to celebrate our 30th anniversary - anyone else there for an anniversary?

Richard

No Anniversary for us, but I am trying to convince my mom and dad to do a vow renewal onboard, so far they haven't bitten :)

What's great about the cruise on Disney is that unlike the parks no commando type planning is necessary. It's more like a go with the flow atmosphere. You are really going to enjoy the peace and serenity.

Tim

What's great about the cruise on Disney is that unlike the parks no commando type planning is necessary. It's more like a go with the flow atmosphere. You are really going to enjoy the peace and serenity.

Tim

Oh, I don't know - some pretty major planning goes on. Like, When's the DIS meet? Where? Do we do a bag swap? DIS tag? What about Fish Extenders? And what will everyone's door signs look like? :rotfl:

A lot of that happens in the last couple of months before the cruise though. Right about now the most important question would be along the lines of, do we have a DIS name for the cruise? ;)

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter