1/17/09 Magic anyone???

Well, it helps that my family is pretty much LIVING for this count down at the moment! :) We, like I am sure MOST of us, are having sunch stressful and difficult times right now, that the idea of having the cruise to look forward to is a total lifesaver!!!!! We can't wait!!!!

Hey, did anyone else hear the rumor that we will be enjoying the new Golden Mickey's menu instead of the Master Chef menu? That's what the talk is on some of the West Coast cruise threads.

No, I have not heard anything about a changed menu. But, I have to admit, I have not been looking for it. The yahoo group I belong to has not mentioned it at all. I just checked out a navigator from 6/29/08 and it does have Golden Mickeys listed instead of the Master Chef. Granted, this is from the Mexican Riveria cruise, don't know if it changed. Wonder what's the difference in menus?

Well, someone on a another thread was saying that they confirmed with a server that the change was permanent and not just on the Mexican Riviera itinerary. The Golden Mickey's menu is entirely different from the Master Chef and features Beef Wellington and something called the Chocolate Chocolate Award. I personally wasn't a huge Master Chef menu fan, (in fact, we used to schedule Palo on that night), so I'm glad about the switch up.

I was trying to post the link to the Golden Mickey's menu thread, but for some reason it won't work correctly. I guess just search "Golden Mickey's menu" under the DCL Forum. There are pictures of the menu there.

Hello, did someone say chocolate and say it twice in fact. I'm in. I believe I had the beef wellington one of my nights I dined at Lumeire's. It was very good. Of course, I did not have any problems with any of the food choices or the food at any of the restaurants. The food is great on DCL. The pizza and sandwiches and heck even the burgers taste very good too. I think I put on something like 7 lbs the last cruise. I guess if there is a thing not to look forward to that would be it. It could have been all the wine I drank also. Does anyone do the wine package? We did and we didn't even finish. We went home with our 2 botttles we had left. The wine was very good also. Of course, a little expensive for what they were giving us a choice from but very good indeed.

Tim

HI there everyone... I have been gone from the boards for a while, but I am checking in to say Hello to you all. We were about to have to cancel this cruise, but then my grandmother decided that she would finally go on a DCL ship with us. She lives in Greensboro, NC where I am originally from. I have been trying to get her to come to FL and go on a cruise for a while but she wanted to go on another line. She has finally discovered that Disney is not just for kids after I got married there in January 2007 and after going to WDW last year during Christmas time. I am really excited for her to cruise with us. :cool1:

I am going on the DVC Members cruise in about 6 weeks as well and I can't wait. It will make me even more ready for this cruise because I am always so sad when I get off the ship. This time I will know that I will be back in a few months so there will be no tears!!!

I am really happy to see that the chat has picked up since I was online last time....

Hello, did someone say chocolate and say it twice in fact. I'm in. I believe I had the beef wellington one of my nights I dined at Lumeire's. It was very good. Of course, I did not have any problems with any of the food choices or the food at any of the restaurants. The food is great on DCL. The pizza and sandwiches and heck even the burgers taste very good too. I think I put on something like 7 lbs the last cruise. I guess if there is a thing not to look forward to that would be it. It could have been all the wine I drank also. Does anyone do the wine package? We did and we didn't even finish. We went home with our 2 botttles we had left. The wine was very good also. Of course, a little expensive for what they were giving us a choice from but very good indeed.

Tim

Our whole party, too, looks forward to the food! In fact, we have usually all looked through the menus and all know what we are ordering before we even get onboard! And after one night on the ship, our servers know that most nights my husband will be ordering 2-4 entrees to try out! :) And we also love the quick serve stuff too. My husband lives for the chicken fingers and I love the burgers from Pluto's and fruit assortment from Goofy's.

We just got some exciting news!!! Our friends, Christine and Christina, may be joining us on the cruise!!! We actually met them on the DIS Boards and then became instant friends on the cruise that my hubby and I got married on in September 2005. We have been super close since then and they cruised with us again in September 2007. They just recently moved to Tampa and bought a new house, so they were not going to be joining us this time around, but Christine just got a great new job and now....they may be in!!! So hopefully, we will soon be welcoming them here to our thread! Hooray! The Self Party Posse will cruise again!!! (That's a nickname we ended up earning on our first cruise because whereever we went, that's where the party was!):cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Ahhhh the food. I love the food... Hehehehe.... I can't wait to get on the ship so we can have sweets until we can't eat anymore... LOL... What can I say I love a good Sweet...:lovestruc We are tryin to decide what excursions we might book on this cruisem, but so far we have no idea. Does anyone know when the 90 window opens for Castaway Club members to book?

Ahhhh the food. I love the food... Hehehehe.... I can't wait to get on the ship so we can have sweets until we can't eat anymore... LOL... What can I say I love a good Sweet...:lovestruc We are tryin to decide what excursions we might book on this cruisem, but so far we have no idea. Does anyone know when the 90 window opens for Castaway Club members to book?

I believe that would be October 19th. 12 days in October, 30 in Nov, 31 in Dec and 17 in Jan. that adds to 90. So the 19th would be the day. That's also D-day for payment in full...

October 4th for concierge
November 3 for everyone else

Tim

Hi everyone,
Tink, it's so funny you mentioned Sasha! Every cruise we have to get him as our server in Palo. We try very hard (and have been successful) in doing brunch, tea and dinner each cruise. It'll be a little tougher this time since we'll need to book Flounder's for little one.
On our Panama Canal cruise in '05, Sasha came out on deck, in full Palo costume and was running around like a little kid. I was dying in shorts and a tee shirt, I don't know how he did it.
Anyone have any ideas about shore excursions with a 16 month old. We always have gone for the high adventure stuff (or eating and drinking) but not this time. I don't want to do a bus tour or whatever with little one, I'd rather do something on a beach or somewhat active.

We adore Sasha. He is now a dear friend and we can not wait to see him!!!

You should look inot going to Maegan's Bay in St. Thomas on your own. It is one fo the most beautiful beaches in the world!

Hello all!

Well Jenn (fltink) gave me a great intro. Thought I'd post to confirm that my partner Christine and I are indeed going to be joining our wacky friends on this cruise. In fact, I just found out that we will have adjoining rooms! :cool1: With both rooms together we'll have a full on party suite! :thumbsup2

Christine and I have cruised twice before and met Jenn and her crew on the first Disney cruise we ever sailed on. In fact, we met them within the first 30 minutes of the first Disney cruise we ever sailed on and now we're sailing on our 3rd cruise together, go figure! :grouphug:

Christine and I did just move to Tampa, Florida from Western Massachusetts last fall. And this month we just purchased and moved into our very first home here in Tampa. We love being Floridians! The pace of life here is lovely and we have been enjoying the year round sunshine...and of course the excellent proximity to The Happiest Place On Earth! :earboy2: In fact we were just at the Magic Kingdom this past Saturday. It was hot hot hot, but luckily line waits were no longer than 20 mins. We also had an opportunity to dine at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney for the first time and it was delicious!

While we will be seeing Jenn very soon at WDW this fall, what we are all most looking forward to is cruising!!! pirate:

stina (Christina) :wave2:

Yay!!! You're here, Stina! So exciting!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jenn!

Don't know if I told you but last fall my old digital camera was lost in the mail. (Long story) So I have a brand new camera for this cruise! Now if I could only get it in gear and upload the photos from our last cruise. :rolleyes1

C.

dudes, i am so excited!! :banana:

hi everyone! i'm christine, member of the self party posse and crusing for the third time. i thought that just jenn (tink) and jay were going on this cruise, but i found out that the ENTIRE ssp will be going! i can't believe they thought they could cruise without us!!!! :laughing: we just bought a house and you know what that does to the finances...but then i got a great new job...the first thing christina said wasn't "congratulations," it was "wooo hooo! we're cruisin!!!!" i am thrilled that we are going to get to hang out with everyone and make fools of ourselves again!

i've never cruised in january and never done the eastern. i'm looking forward to exploring new ports...i'm a pirate at heart...lol...and we've already started our pre-cruise fitness plan so that we can get down to pre-cruise 2007 weight. :rotfl: i can't wait to get on board and relax and dance and drink yomen's specials and watch the shows and order room service and walk the decks and try new things on the ship! i've never been to the spa...wow. i am so excited!!

I can just see it now.....me, Dee, Heath, Beth, Stina and you all lined up in the spa getting our Frangipani Scalp Treatment! Yee-hawww!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! SOOOOO glad you ladies are coming!!!!

It's still so quiet on these boards! I can't believe people don't feel compelled to post about how excited they are EVERY day!!!! Maybe it's just me! :rotfl:

With My grandmother joining us on this cruise I am not sure if there will be much parting to be had for us. Although I will say that she is an old lady who knows how to have fun!!!! :goodvibes

I figure we will be having nice beverages by the pool most of the time....:drinking1

eeyore, let me tell you...i once went on a whale watch with my mom and 70 year old grandma. while my mom and i were hugging the trash cans (never go on a whale watch in october! the seas are much too rough!) my grandma had the time of her life. i don't know if it was all the medication she was on or what, LOL.

if she goes to bed early, rockin bar d is open until 2 so you'll have plenty of time to act foolish!

AND don't forget about James' mom on the September cruise, Christine! Seriously, this woman who is a grandmother to 7 was PARTYING IT UP at Rockin' Bar D! She had the best time dancing around our group!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter