• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

09/28/2002 Cruise

Papa, Kathy - miss you guys. You too Art/Cathy! Since so few 9/22er's are posting on Tuli's new thread, thought I'd send you a note here to remind you we're waiting for your posts! I'm very jealous that you all are going again so soon! But...without a job, can't consider rebooking at this time. Love to you all!

Jean we miss you also. Would like nothing better to have you and your partners in crime:D go with us next year. Hope that you get the job that you are after and will be able to travel.

Wahoo another day closer to our cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just came back from dinner with my In Laws. We told them all about our cruise, showed the pictures ect..and guess what???? They may come with us next year!!! I am too excited! I KNOW they would have a GREAT time. We tried like crazy to get them on this years trip but they suffer from the delusion that only families with kids go on DCL and that there would be kids underfoot everywhere. Not that they don't like kids, just that they want a more "Adult" sort of experience. BUT....I think I have convinced them that DCL would be something they would enjoy. Keep your colective fingers crossed for me! They are fantastic people, who would enjoy meeting fellow cruisers.
Mary

Hey All,
Very envious of you all going again next year.

Dan--I also have E-coupons from the 2001 book.
Also, feel free to park at our place if you want, we can babysit the car!

Laura

Well we booked the 9/28 and now all I have to do is try to figure out how to pay for it. I spent waaaaaay to much money on this last trip. I'm hoping I still have $600 left to pay the deposit for the next one.

Patty just tell the guys at work that in addition to being hunting season it is also cruising season.

Welcome to the thread Tiiiigergirl. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest.

We did great on this cruise...........we spent a total of $506 and that included tips. We didn't do any Disney Excursions......so it really kept the cost down. We did Palo's for Brunch and Dinner and we brought our own Pop. I was excited. I didn't want to see your SPA bill............:eek: :eek: :eek:

smiles Patty
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Patty you can use your onboard credit from the castaway cay club to help pay for your excursions. That is what we did on 09/22. Looking forward to sheeing when disney releases their excursions on the western route.

for Castaway Club credits? I just hope that I can get an answer... about the time off by then.
In St. Maarten we rented a car and drove around the island exploring all of the beaches. We had a great time. And it was very inexpensive. Of course, it looks like there is more fun stuff to do on the Western than the Eastern.

smiles Patty

Patty,

If you go to the Disneycruise.com there is a section on Castaway Club Promotions. I noticed it did not say you had to rebook within a certain time frame to get the credit. (But that could chnage on a daily basis)

I went to the DCL site and found the Castaway Club info......Unfortunately I found the small print......teehee
*Not valid with any other special offers or discounts. Onboard credit applies if reservation is booked within 120 days from previous sail date and travel is completed within 18 months from previous sail date.

But it gives me some time....I'm guessing until 1/29ish or so.

smiles Patty

IF in large letters on the first page............

Be a member of the Castaway Club.......book your next cruise within 120 days and receive a shipboard credit......

Instead of a last page note, fine print with the ole * notating it at the bottom of the page.

smiles Patty

Patty,

No you do not want to see my spa bill. Plus when you add in Tiffany Town car and my hotel bill and my earrings and my wheelchair rentals. OK now I am just making myself sick.

Also the number of professional pictures I had taken and bought was just ridiculous!

But boy did we have fun! I told Warren I don't get to have anything for Christmas since I got the earrings. In fact what I probably ought to do is wrap them up and not look at them again until Christmas.

Patty...$506??? I think I spent that in the spa alone! You are Joe's new hero. He made me swear to stick to a budget next time.

I was just reading a thread where people were talking about buying a beach towel and a Christmas ornament. I think the next time we cruise, I will stick to those. Maybe a pin or two. And of course, the Hard Rock. But that is it. Nothing else. Well, maybe a t-shirt. And since it is cold here 9 months out of the year, maybe a sweatshirt....

Wait..I think this is how I got into trouble on the last cruise!

Oh well....

Did I ever tell you guys my spa stuff story?

Did I tell you I bought this Elemis stuff that was in the surial bath that smelled like Vicks. And when we got to the ticket counter at MCO, I kept getting a whiff of Vicks. I kept sniffing the air, cause I would smell it and it would go away. Then it would be back. I started to smell myself, my DH and DD, my luggage. Nothing there. And then the smell was gone. No, wait it was back. I was sure my $800 tube of stuff had burst already, but then the smell wasn't coming from my bag. So, where was it coming from. I started smelling the air again. The passengers in line behind us had started to notice my strange sniffing. Actually, maybe because I had leaned towards the line and tried to sniff out where the smell was coming from. Maybe the tube had indeed burst and spilled out onto the floor in the line. But no, the smell wasn't coming from the line or the people in it. So I went back to the counter. It would come and go and I was going crazy. Had I put the tube in my carryon and forgotten, and it opened. Was it open and empty in my luggage.

I had made a COMPLETE spectacle of myself. I could not track down the smell of the Elemis product I bought at the spa. And just when I had given up, the ticket agent reached for another Halls. Seems he had been chewing a Halls, and every now and then, his breath would waft across the counter and I would get a whiff of the Vicks/Halls/Elemis odor.

Turns out the guys (whom I had sniffed) who were at the front of the passenger line were also on our same flight, so they had the pleasure of teasing me for another four hours, well into our arrival into Detroit.

That is what I get for spending too much money in the spa!

hehehe

what yo were trying to say is that the Elemis......smells like Eucalyptus?! :D :D
Is that the same $800 tube you were putting on DD?

We spent more money than $506... that is all we had to pay to settle up on the boat at the end.
We had the $100 Hard Rock purchases......the $67 booze bill at K-mart on St. Thomas....oh and the rental car on St. maarten........ We just didn't go overboard on the ship.....and we had our $50 credit. I did let Lynette use my 10% off coupon at the Treasure Ketch...

smiles Patty

There really is so much to do to stay occupied......We really didn't need to spend any more. We saw a lot of movies....ate a lot of good meals.......drank way too way to many margaritas and spent a lot of time with new friends.......what more could I want. I couldn't take Lynette in the Surial!!

smiles Patty

Lynette,

Any info as to when dcl will release western route excursion info?

Yes, that was the same $800 stuff I put on DD. :)

Seriously, I will not spend so much next time.

For those of you who have already done this....When booking the next cruise, and doing the Castaway Club thing....

Is this something you mentioned when you booked? IS it something that is automatically noted on your account? Do you have to wait for something to come in the mail to take advantage? When does the CC stuff come in the mail? So you have to say, "This is my second cruise, and I am/wanna be a CC memeber?"

Anyone? Anyone?

Key West, Cozumel, Grand Caymans and Castaway Cay...is this right? Is anyone sad about not having as many "at sea" days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter