“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

I'm here! :flower1:

Wow how disappointing about WL! Even though I enjoyed our stay there, there is no way I would pass up moving to GF either! You'll see in my trip report we had a rocky start to our trip too but hopefully that Disney magic turned your trip around! I feel like when you are that tired the whole situation just feels worse!

Here I was reading your post and was thinking man I wish we had been in a closer room but I guess there's an advantage to not being close to the lobby at WL!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip! (Also I'm sure what you paid for WL was a GREAT deal for the GF!!) :woohoo:

Chick-fil-a...my favorite! (so much that the one by my office, all the team members know my name and my order!)

Wow on the resort situation. I am surprised the WL rooms are not better sound proofed. But hey, GF...nice!

Can't wait to hear about DAH event!

So excited to read about this trip, Caroline!

Mmm I love Chick Fil A. What you got is usually my go to for breakfast, so delicious!

That is unfortunate that your room at WL was so loud. But WOW for being given a room at the GF for the same price!! Your room looks beautiful!

I'm here!!! I'm so excited to read about another one of your adventures! What a rollercoaster of emotions from the word "go" though - but amazing you got to stay at the GF for no extra cost! It pays to speak up, Disney is often so good about accomodating their guests :goodvibes Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Here to follow along. Looks like our trips overlapped a bit. I was there starting August 16th!

Who would turn down an upgrade to the Grand Floridian? That's amazing. I had a wonderful time at the Contemporary and can't imagine staying anywhere else next time, but there are so many more to try out! Hope you all had an amazing trip! Can't wait to read about it.

Hello, I'm here too :) Great report so far. I'm jealous of the Grand Floridian--you lucked out. Can't wait to read lots more, I so enjoy your posts!!!!

Following along. Looking forward to reading about your adventures. My youngest is a junior in college so have a couple of years of empty nesting in . Keeping busy helped me . I text once a day to say goodnight ( of course , there are usually more but always this one ) I have boys so they don’t communicate as much as girls though so you may not have to worry about the calls/ texts.
Glad you got to switch without too much trouble. Hoping the rest of the trip is magical . I would have to move if I had all that noise ! In May , I could hear someone snoring in the room next to me at POFQ. Luckily , just a pillow over my ear worked. That is the only time that has happened so think they were just super loud .

I'm in the same boat as you, another empty nester here. My youngest left for college two weeks ago. Such a bittersweet time. Congratulations to Andi and I'm sure she'll love it.

I'm sorry your trip started off not so good as far as the noise but you were definitely pixie dusted with a great hotel. The room looks so beautiful.

Sorry for the noisy start to your trip, but glad you were able to change resorts. The GF looks lovely. My daughter and I are a traveling duo, who is now a traveling trio. She has a son who will be three in a couple of weeks, and we are celebrating at Disney the week before his birthday. Seven days until we leave, woohoo! Of course, this time DH/Dad/PaPa is coming with us. He can't miss seeing Disney thru our grandson's eyes. Look forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

I am here!!! Got home last night after a FABULOUS week at the Poly and am so excited to hear about your adventures! Sorry you had a rocky start but glad it all worked out!

It was so nice of the manager to switch you to the GF. I would have complained too. I can't wait to read more.

That's a bummer that your room at WL was so noisy, but yay for the manager (and Disney Magic!) getting you a quiet room at GF! :cool1:
Can't wait to hear about DAH!
I was feeling bad about not giving the room much of a try but I just knew the noise was going to really irritate me!
Our GF room was nice and quiet!

Can't even believe it!

That's amazing! Wilderness is high on my list!

Only acceptable for Disney

Sooooo good

What a cool view!

Oh nooooo, I didn't even consider that. We had a room looking over AKL lobby and it even got a little loud during the day and there's no WCC there. What a bummer!

Wow! Sad to be missing out on Wilderness but wow the Grand!

Such beautiful rooms!
:welcome:Thanks for joining in. I am sorry to say I am not very good with the multi quotes. I have tried and alway mess it up!
Yes Andi is leaving the nest in a few days, I will be strong, no I won’t :sad:
I was so surprised how loud it was. I think with the new room types Disney has made the standard rooms are the ones closest to the restaurants!
GF is lovely, we had stayed once before and loved it. The 5 minute travel to MK was so wonderful.

I'm here! :flower1:

Wow how disappointing about WL! Even though I enjoyed our stay there, there is no way I would pass up moving to GF either! You'll see in my trip report we had a rocky start to our trip too but hopefully that Disney magic turned your trip around! I feel like when you are that tired the whole situation just feels worse!

Here I was reading your post and was thinking man I wish we had been in a closer room but I guess there's an advantage to not being close to the lobby at WL!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip! (Also I'm sure what you paid for WL was a GREAT deal for the GF!!) :woohoo:
Hi Cloe, thanks for joining in! I was surprised how loud our room was, it was not going to be enjoyable!
The lobby at WL is beautiful but all that openness cause the sound to travel!
I was really happy to not have to pay more for the move!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter