“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

I looked in my closet and found a pair of pale blue shorts and a blue sleeveless top. I want to Disneybound as Cinderella (blue ball gown Cinderella, not pre-Fairy Godmother Cinderella).

I plan to go to one of the August parties, so it will be hot out.

I think sunscreen and sweat rules out the black choker she wears around her neck.

I am thinking of buying blue ribbon to tie around my hair like the hairband thing she wears.

I will be wearing my regular Reebok sneakers. I have feet and back issues, so I'm not going to try something new on my feet for that event.

Any other thoughts or suggestions? This will be my first time Disneybounding. It seems as though I will just look like somebody in blue shorts and a blue top.

May I suggest...

$16.95 Gus Plush Crossbody bag
upload_2018-7-6_14-22-6.png
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/gus-gus-plush-crossbody-bag-for-kids-cinderella-1479384

I would also buy a feather light, see through scarf like this...
upload_2018-7-6_14-23-24.png

and tie it around the waist like this...
upload_2018-7-6_14-24-4.png

or like this...
upload_2018-7-6_14-24-21.png

I'd add a character pin too! $9.99 Cinderella
upload_2018-7-6_15-54-36.png
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/cinderella-pin-1424918

:-)

Last edited:
May I suggest...

$16.95 Gus Plush Crossbody bag
View attachment 335152
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/gus-gus-plush-crossbody-bag-for-kids-cinderella-1479384

I would also buy a feather light, see through scarf like this...
View attachment 335153

and tie it around the waist like this...
View attachment 335154

or like this...
View attachment 335155

I'd add a character pin too! $9.99 Cinderella
View attachment 335171
Link: https://www.shopdisney.com/cinderella-pin-1424918

:-)

Oooh, thanks for the ideas!

It's settled - we're doing Little Mermaid!

I couldn't resist this shirt at the Disney Store -
2325049190016M

My little boy will be Flounder - either a shirt with a picture of Flounder on it or a yellow shirt with blue stripes.
Middle daughter wants to be Ursula - black tunic + purple leggings
Husband will be Eric -

5c0442bdec0407d4aed5cd765727c7fe.jpg

Oldest daughter has red hair so she sort of wants to be Ariel but also sort of wants to be Sebastian. So we'll see what she decides.

Has anyone bought mermaid leggings or a mermaid running skirt that they can recommend?

Hi all,

I posted this on the other thread......

I saw the video but it says "14 and over" you think they will allow this for a 6 year old?

With all the costume rules, I was wondering what you all think of this costume for a 6 year old?

Will they allow it?

It deflates in 2 seconds to nothing and my guess is after about 20 min in it he will want to take it off anyway.

what u all think?

thanks

Attachments

• 640183R_1.jpg
    640183R_1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi all,

I posted this on the other thread......

I saw the video but it says "14 and over" you think they will allow this for a 6 year old?

With all the costume rules, I was wondering what you all think of this costume for a 6 year old?

Will they allow it?

It deflates in 2 seconds to nothing and my guess is after about 20 min in it he will want to take it off anyway.

what u all think?

thanks

Park security might allow it for an under-ten-year-old, but they will probably veto it due to the tail, which is a serious trip hazard. Your parental spidey senses are also important; that's a lot of vinyl/nylon mix to pack up and carry for the entire party. Can he ride rides with it on safely? If you take it off, can it be re-inflated in the park later? So many variables! It might be cute for him to have a costume of a Jurassic Park keeper on underneath, though.

ETA: Also, he would have to take off the 'hood' for attendants to measure him for rides. I always forget about the height limits!

Hi all,
thanks

I think the costume should be fine but to be fair, regardless of age this type of costume is strongly discouraged and your child may end up being searched which can take time. Personally I wouldn't do it, I would never put my child in the position of being touched and searched by another person. To each their own.

Aw, I like that top! GoneForARun.com has a mermaid tank for ~$35, but the print is very different. I've been window-shopping their print tanks for a while.

I've been eyeing Tink's performance top at Disney. Just can't pull the trigger even at 25% off. :laughing: By all rights this should say "Cheap, cheap!"

upload_2018-7-11_19-7-47.png

Completely :offtopic:, am I the only one digging the new Wonder Woman?! Female to female she's drop dead gorgeous and plays her role perfectly! Hooray for female role models!!!

upload_2018-7-11_19-27-59.png

Initially I was going Hermione Granger, but the more I thought about that robe in September Orlando weather... NOPE SANDWICH!!!

I'm bounding as Moana. I found some tan "linen" shorts and a cute peachy/orange tank at Old Navy today. I've got a small plush Pua who will come with me. And I'll get her necklace from the Disney Store. If I find a rust bit of cloth to wrap around my hips, I'll grab that. Simple, but it will be SOOOOOOOO much cooler!

Initially I was going Hermione Granger, but the more I thought about that robe in September Orlando weather... NOPE SANDWICH!!!

I'm bounding as Moana. I found some tan "linen" shorts and a cute peachy/orange tank at Old Navy today. I've got a small plush Pua who will come with me. And I'll get her necklace from the Disney Store. If I find a rust bit of cloth to wrap around my hips, I'll grab that. Simple, but it will be SOOOOOOOO much cooler!

Sounds a lot more comfortable!!! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter