ºoº SUMMER GTA DIS MEETING ºoº

dh has vacation time around July 7 / 8, if we are in town we would love to attend the meet! The only way we would miss it is if we plan on vacationing out of GTA. My guess is we will stick around town since we had our big vacation at WDW in April. THANKS!

As of now July 7/8 looks good for us.

Hope you can make it too Sandra, love to see your photos.

I think I'm okay on the 7th or 8th as well and I would love to see you all again! All I have to do now is talk J. into it, but I'll come on my own again if need be.

I can barely get on the boards anymore but I'll keep looking back to see if it's a go!

July 7th or 8th is still clear on my calendar. I'd love to come. I suspect DH and the children would come too if it's at Centre Island. We always head over there a couple of times every summer.

Cheers,

That Saturday is my D-F-I-L's 90th Birthday, so I think we'll be tied up that day. The Sunday is still good though.

It would be great to see Baloo again, should we think of another date?

Hi Sandra,

What's this I hear about a Dis meet at the RFC in Niagara Falls? This is the first I"ve heard of it. Can you or someone else fill me in??
Thanks,
Linda Bignell:p

Hi Linda! Nice to see you here again. The NF's meet now has it's own thread. This one's for the GTA one. How about joining us at the Island for this one?

Hey Baboo,

How's the weather in good old Peterpatch? I miss living there even more than I can say!! I find the people here in Brampton, not quite as pleasant as those in Peterborough. Do I want to attend a meet at the Island? You gotta be kidding! Let me know when and where and I'll be there with pixie dust all over my bodddy!!! I have already started to make up some Tshirts and hats with Disney written all over them! In other words, count me in!!!!!!!!!

Linda Bignell
Living in Brampton, BUT,
Missing Peterpatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this one seems to be dying. I can't believe that we can't get much interest in a Toronto meet. What does everyone want to do? Is it the date? The place? What? Please let us know what it is that we can do to get this one really going. Those of us at the spring meet were really hoping to get a huge response. We thought that if it was during the summer, people would be able to come from further away to attend. These meets really are a lot of fun. I've been to four of them so far, and I am really looking forward to attending as many of them as I can.

Well, Baboo we'll just have to resuscitate it!! :D

So far, July 7/8, looks good, even if it's for a small group.
Kathy, is there any way, that you could make it on the Sat., the 7th? I'm just thinking that for anyone coming from out of town, having the meet on the Sat. would probably be easier. What do you think?

So far the following people have expressed an interest in attending:

Baboo (Kathy), Len, Ginny, & Michael

Snowwark (Kim) & John

TimNDansMom (Julie), DH (?), Tim, & Dan

SandraC, Gary, Emily, & Evan

CindyAnn, Brian, Trevor, & Mallory

Taryn, & J (?)

Linda Bignell

Epcotfan

I apologize for the names I have missed or messed up!!

Now I'd love to hear from some of our other Ontario Dis'ers, how about it!!

Cotye

Mickey65

Tigercat & Bizibee

Sammi ;)

Darren & Lisa

Maryann4086

CathyCanada

...........and our riddle friends whose names, I apologize, escape me at the moment, but I'm going to check and add them to the list! :D

We would love to hear from all of our Canadian and American Dis'ers who would be interested in attending! :)

Snowwark, I'm really not sure about the Saturday since it's my fil's 90 birthday:earseek: but if that day is better for everyone else, go for it. NativeTexan (Katholyn) had posted on a separate thread that she was interested in coming up from Michigan for both of the Canadian meets. It would be really great if we could get a few more to come up and take advantage of our good exchange rate and the beautiful city of Toronto.
By the way, DS's name is Michael.

Hey Baboo,
I agree with snowwark. Let's make it the Sunday.
Now all we need to do is confirm with everone else, set a time, pick a meeting place and off we go!

Linda Bignell

Looks like I might be able to make it...
Add me to the potential list :)

Hi Everyone! Glad to see the GTA meet is still alive.

A week ago, we lost our connection to the Internet, even though we were still technically "online", we couldn't access anything, with Rogers @home service. I spent an exhausting week back and forth on the phone, with Rogers Tech Support, trying to get it back and finally, yesterday, they decided to open a brand new account for us. Last night, we were finally able to connect with the Internet. Apparently, there was some type of glitch between the Rogers database and the DHCP server's database, regarding our account.

So, I'm just catching up on everthing I've missed over the last week and yes, Sunday July 8 looks good for us (I hope dss and dh will come too). Maybe my brother, who lives in Toronto will meet up with me on the island, we've done that before. I'm looking forward to a nice day on the island.

I'd love to attend the Niagara meet, but we will be in Florida then. :bounce: Maybe the next one, though, as my parents live in NF.
:D :bounce: :)

Sunday, July 8th is still looking good!! I've got it on my calendar and we'll plan to head over on that day. Sandra, were you thinking about a lunch meet or a later afternoon meet? I believe the rides open at 10:00 or 10:30 and we usually hit them hard and hit them early (just like WDW).

Cheers,

Hey all. Baboo kindly directed me to the DIS meet thread.

Unfortunately I couldn't make the last DIS meet cause I was extremely busy working on my graduate thesis. And getting it ready for defense.

I'd love to come to July 8, but I know my cousin is getting married and the reception is on this day. :(

I'm so sorry I can't make it guys. Perhaps I could do a 'phone-in' and say 'hi'. Really sorry about this. :(

:( Kevin I was really hoping that you could make this one. How about the Niagara Falls one?

Hi everyone! :D

If we still want to get together at Centre Island on Sunday July 8th, I think we need to get organized.

I have a few suggestions, and would appreciate any other ideas.

How about we meet at 11:00a.m. at either the Paradise restaurant, right at the Island dock, or by the First Aid station which is on the left as you make your way to Centreville? I realize that everyone won't be able to arrive at exactly the same time, so I am going to make some sort of lime green flag, that we can use at a picnic area, to help latecomers spot us.

Food wise, I think it might be best if we each took care of our own lunches. If the weather is lousy, we can always eat at the restaurant, of course that won't happen!!!! ;)

I'm going to start another thread with a link for Centre Island, as this one is getting very long. Please post any ideas on the new thread, thanks!

Wouldn't it be great if we can all take the train ride at Centreville, or how about the crash'em cars???!!!!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter