ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

Looking forward to booking fast passes on Tuesday I hope I have them figured out :)

Good luck with that. I can start to book mine on 3/24 and I too hope I have them figured out. I was telling DH that we will have to sit down and go through our itinerary and see which rides we should get FPs for and for which times. This is our first time doing this and I am a bit nervous, yet excited about it :goodvibes.

My aunt and uncle will be in Disney a couple weeks after us and she is very nervous about this FP+ thing too so she wants me to help her out when her 60 days opens up (on 4/17) since I will have already done mine and I will know what to expect. I am praying that I will have it down pat by then so I can help her. Then I find out a co-worker of mine is going in August and she too said that when her 60 days opens up, she will be looking to me to help her out as well.

Ok guys... We can make our FP+ reservations tomorrow. I'm a little nervous since this will be our first experience with the new system. Any last minute tips, advice, suggestions??? :)

We complete our FP+ reservations a week from today.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of FP+ rides and their "tiers"?

Would like to plot them out with the kids this week.

We complete our FP+ reservations a week from today. Does anyone know where I can find a list of FP+ rides and their "tiers"? Would like to plot them out with the kids this week.

There's a great one on here! MesaBoy2 posted it. I don't have the link at this moment but I know it easily pulls up in a search on here.

So glad to hear that FP+ is working for everyone so far. We still have a few more days until we are at 60 days.

Did anyone read on the Disney Blog about MK being opened for 24 hours on May 23? We are excited and I made yet some more dining changes...now I have to start thinking of costumes for May weather. Is anyone else planning on going dressed? If so, who will you dress as?

I'm so excited because I found out our tickets will be fast pass + tickets!!
WOOO WOOO!! I can't wait to try them out! :cool1:

What is fast pass+ tickets?

I think the wording the poster above used might be confusing.

You've probably heard of fast pass + already, but just in case

It's basically making ride and experience reservations before your trip. They can be made 60 days out for people staying at Disney resorts.

The park tickets aren't any different.

Fast Pass + is the right to reserve your ride times (3 a day) in the park ahead of time. It seems to have replaced the paper fast passes we used to get at the kiosks in the parks during the day. Now with fast pass + if you're staying onsite you can reserve the time. It's an hour span like return times for paper fast passes used to be. So 2 months before the trip you can reserve a time to ride say Jungle Cruise on your MK day between 9 and 10am if it's available.

You just have to have your park tickets as part of your package reservation or linked to your reservation online if you buy them elsewhere like Undercover Tourist.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew what
fast pass+ was I just was confused by the post as I thought maybe there were park tickets that included fast pass+

I think the wording the poster above used might be confusing.

You've probably heard of fast pass + already, but just in case

It's basically making ride and experience reservations before your trip. They can be made 60 days out for people staying at Disney resorts.

The park tickets aren't any different.

Fast Pass + is the right to reserve your ride times (3 a day) in the park ahead of time. It seems to have replaced the paper fast passes we used to get at the kiosks in the parks during the day. Now with fast pass + if you're staying onsite you can reserve the time. It's an hour span like return times for paper fast passes used to be. So 2 months before the trip you can reserve a time to ride say Jungle Cruise on your MK day between 9 and 10am if it's available.

You just have to have your park tickets as part of your package reservation or linked to your reservation online if you buy them elsewhere like Undercover Tourist.
I meant those bracelet tickets (not sure what they are called) :scared:

Magic Bands are the bracelets.

If you're staying on site they operate everything. They act as your ticket into the park, the key to enter your hotel room, your Fast Pass for the rides you've selected, and you can even charge things to your room with them.

Magic Bands are the bracelets.

If you're staying on site they operate everything. They act as your ticket into the park, the key to enter your hotel room, your Fast Pass for the rides you've selected, and you can even charge things to your room with them.

Yes, and I believe they carry the dining credits too if your party is on the plan. Reminds me I need to order a shoe tag or something else for my 4 year-old. He usually wears my name and number on one wrist when we go places, but not sure how he will feel about wearing something on both wrists.

Yay, more shopping for Disney. :rotfl:

Yes, and I believe they carry the dining credits too if your party is on the plan. Reminds me I need to order a shoe tag or something else for my 4 year-old. He usually wears my name and number on one wrist when we go places, but not sure how he will feel about wearing something on both wrists. Yay, more shopping for Disney. :rotfl:

Yep, dining credits too!

Did someone say that they had personalized meal invitations or some other surprises made for their children from somebody on DIS? Could you share the link to where you found that information when you get a chance? Thanks! Trying to come up with some special things to do for the kids on our trip and since this is our first trip to WDW I have no idea where to start looking!

Hi everyone :) I'm on the FB group but thought I should check in here. I'll be in WDW from May 23-26. We just booked last week.. completely unexpected trip! My bday is May 23rd and it's going to be the 24 hour party so DH said I could go :) I added my son to the reservation as well but he won't know he's going until we're at the airport saying goodbye. It will be our first time for Star Wars Weekend as well.

Did someone say that they had personalized meal invitations or some other surprises made for their children from somebody on DIS? Could you share the link to where you found that information when you get a chance? Thanks! Trying to come up with some special things to do for the kids on our trip and since this is our first trip to WDW I have no idea where to start looking!

I am not sure if I said it or not, but I did. I have done it for our last 2 trips.

It is on this site. The forum is called Creative DISigns. I have used a couple of different DISigners. I've already made my request for this year and gotten them. This year, absolut_mandy did ours, but I haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet.

Just hit that forum and do a search. They usually have the link to their photobucket libraries in their signature. You go to their photobucket to find something you like and then within the guidelines they give you which you can usually find in the first post of their thread, you make a request to have the design personalized with names, dates and such. My children love getting the invites.

Here’s some examples of some I’ve had done. These are from 2012 and I believe Shadowryter did them. I'm not sure because I had one DISigner do invitations and another did the autograph book covers. We had 7 character meals that year so I also made each child a character meal autograph book. I think Chaos1cent did the covers. I'm not sure of the status of those two but as I said, absolut_mandy did the ones I'm using for 2014 and hers are great.

Garden_Grill_Invitation_Ariana.jpg
Crystal_Palace__Breakfast_Invi.jpg

Bibbidi_Bobbidi_Boutique_Invit.jpg
Cinderellas_Royal_Table_Breakf.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter