• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You're the best parents in the world! I gotta pee! Where's My Tooth? Trip report!

Hello all my Dis Friends!
I think I may have some sort of fever because we are thinking about doing a cruise next year. I checked out some prices this morning. We could do a 7 day Caribbean cruise leaving from New Orleans with stops in Belize and two other places that I can't remember right now. The cost for the three of us would be just over $2,300.00 but I'd have to pay extra for the day excursions. We have always wanted to go to Belize and a cruise seems like a good way to get there. The only problem is there are 3 days of nothing but "fun at sea". I don't know if we could handle that. I gotta be doing something and I don't know if I'd like the "fun" they offer on the ship.
QUOTE]

A cruise IS fun!!! any your "fun" days at sea are alot of fun...the ships are soooo big you can ALWAYS find something to do!!! it is only as boring as you make it...OH! that is what we were doing with Danny's bonus this year also...we are getting passports so we can go on last minute cruises. Some friends are planning to go the day after thanksgiving out of Mobile for four days it is only $300 something a person...mom and dad always go on quick trips and long trips like your Belize one. They are going on a 9 day in December.

We have deer all the time, Danny feeds them corn. Last year we had a mom and baby; and than just a baby:sad2:. anyway Danny said about a month ago there was a dead young deer in the ditch on the property next door (13ac heavily wooded) looked like she had been hit. The most we've seen at one time was 7. rarely do we see bucks they usually sense us before we can get a really good look!!!It is always so exciting. Last year when we had that freak snow storm we had a beautiful red fox chase a rabbit across the snow it was sad, exciting, and beautiful to see all at the same time.

Oh! BTW Lisa check out the red letter additon in my siggie...
and ALL are invited...DONT be a lurker join us for some fun!!!:dance3:

Hello all my Dis Friends!
I think I may have some sort of fever because we are thinking about doing a cruise next year. I checked out some prices this morning. We could do a 7 day Caribbean cruise leaving from New Orleans with stops in Belize and two other places that I can't remember right now. The cost for the three of us would be just over $2,300.00 but I'd have to pay extra for the day excursions. We have always wanted to go to Belize and a cruise seems like a good way to get there. The only problem is there are 3 days of nothing but "fun at sea". I don't know if we could handle that. I gotta be doing something and I don't know if I'd like the "fun" they offer on the ship.
QUOTE]

A cruise IS fun!!! any your "fun" days at sea are alot of fun...the ships are soooo big you can ALWAYS find something to do!!! it is only as boring as you make it...OH! that is what we were doing with Danny's bonus this year also...we are getting passports so we can go on last minute cruises. Some friends are planning to go the day after thanksgiving out of Mobile for four days it is only $300 something a person...mom and dad always go on quick trips and long trips like your Belize one. They are going on a 9 day in December.

We have deer all the time, Danny feeds them corn. Last year we had a mom and baby; and than just a baby:sad2:. anyway Danny said about a month ago there was a dead young deer in the ditch on the property next door (13ac heavily wooded) looked like she had been hit. The most we've seen at one time was 7. rarely do we see bucks they usually sense us before we can get a really good look!!!It is always so exciting. Last year when we had that freak snow storm we had a beautiful red fox chase a rabbit across the snow it was sad, exciting, and beautiful to see all at the same time.

Oh! BTW Lisa check out the red letter additon in my siggie...
and ALL are invited...DONT be a lurker join us for some fun!!!:dance3:

I think we girls should plan a girls only cruise either out of Mobile or NO. It would be close for all of you. Long drive for me. But you are all worth it. We would have such fun. We don't need no MEN! Everyone does need a passport and mine expires soon. So I must work on it anyway. Ok, now back to the real world. You all are just like me. Can't go without the DH's and those wonderful children.

I've never really been one of those women who went on a "girls only" trip. I know I'd feel so guilty for leaving John and Hunter at home while I was out having fun. But, if I were going to do it, I'd love to do it with my Dis buddies.

I forgot to tell ya'll that Hunter had his "second" first day of school today. You'll remember that I took him yesterday and he wasn't even supposed to go...just 7th and 8th graders...no 6th graders. I swear I felt like the stupidest mother in the world.

Anyway, he called about 3:30 to tell me that he had a great day at school. He has a couple of classes with some of his friends from his elementary school. I know that he won't have a problem making new friends in his other classes 'cause he is a talker/people person just like his Mama.;)

I forgot to ask him how lunch went. He has always taken his lunch because he's a super picky eater. He didn't know if it would be "uncool" to take his lunch box so we stuffed it in his backpack. He was going to scope out the cafeteria and see if anybody else brought their lunch. :laughing: I sent him with lunch money just in case he decided he wanted to actually eat something from the cafeteria.

I've never really been one of those women who went on a "girls only" trip. I know I'd feel so guilty for leaving John and Hunter at home while I was out having fun. But, if I were going to do it, I'd love to do it with my Dis buddies.

I wouldn't have done it at your age either. Now I'm old I do whatever. But I would love to do it with my Dis friends for sure.

I forgot to tell ya'll that Hunter had his "second" first day of school today. You'll remember that I took him yesterday and he wasn't even supposed to go...just 7th and 8th graders...no 6th graders. I swear I felt like the stupidest mother in the world.

Anyway, he called about 3:30 to tell me that he had a great day at school. He has a couple of classes with some of his friends from his elementary school. I know that he won't have a problem making new friends in his other classes 'cause he is a talker/people person just like his Mama.;)

I forgot to ask him how lunch went. He has always taken his lunch because he's a super picky eater. He didn't know if it would be "uncool" to take his lunch box so we stuffed it in his backpack. He was going to scope out the cafeteria and see if anybody else brought their lunch. :laughing: I sent him with lunch money just in case he decided he wanted to actually eat something from the cafeteria.

I am glad he went back. So glad he had a good first day. It so sets the tone for the rest of the year. You were smart to give him options. They do not want to be part of that uncool crowd for sure. I don't see how he could ever be with his personality.

Glad, Hunter had a great first day!!! I have been on several women weekend trips
when I was involved in the PTA we were always going to confrences or conventions. And than when I worked at the othros they would send us for a weekend every spring.

Maybe by next year I would be ready to leave Ashton for a weekend; didn't bother me with the other two for some reason it bothers me w/him. I would just have to be sure to line something up for Danny the baby! :laughing:

What an amazing TR.
Can't wait to find out all about your most recent trip!!! :thumbsup2

I also want to to chime in about going on a Disney Cruise.... DO IT!!!! You will love the three days at sea!! There is so much to do on the Ship you won't want to get off! :)

Question: I read 100% of your TR posts and only about 50% of the comments. Did anyone ever figure out how to do the 'Pay it forward Disney Treasure"?

-nat

Glad, Hunter had a great first day!!! I have been on several women weekend trips
when I was involved in the PTA we were always going to confrences or conventions. And than when I worked at the othros they would send us for a weekend every spring.

Maybe by next year I would be ready to leave Ashton for a weekend; didn't bother me with the other two for some reason it bothers me w/him. I would just have to be sure to line something up for Danny the baby! :laughing:

I guess you new deep down that the other two were really not your "babies" as Ashton is. It's that intuition thing Mom's have. When Sheri was born my Mom (she was still kinda nice back then and my grandma was still alive) came and got Sandi and kept her for one whole month. It was nice to just have Sheri but boy did I miss Sandi. My mom, dad and grandma took her to St Louis for a week and went and visited cousins and lots of stuff. She was just barely 2 so she doesn't remember but I know my grandma had a wonderful time.

Don has gotten quite good when I leave. I actually think he likes it. We have gotten so set in our "old" age. :rotfl2:

I think it has more to do with the fact that my mom was healthy and able bodied with the older two. and she has high blood pressure, high sugar, and severe back problems. she is unable to chase a toddler.

My mom is still the only person I feel the most comfortable leaving him with and for the most part she is the only person. I have only left him over night three times now and the first time was only a few months back.

What an amazing TR.
Can't wait to find out all about your most recent trip!!! :thumbsup2

I also want to to chime in about going on a Disney Cruise.... DO IT!!!! You will love the three days at sea!! There is so much to do on the Ship you won't want to get off! :)

Question: I read 100% of your TR posts and only about 50% of the comments. Did anyone ever figure out how to do the 'Pay it forward Disney Treasure"?

-nat

Thanks Nat,

We weren't able to find the treasure left by another poster. I think there had been some landscaping done since they buried it. I did bury another treasure while there and if it works out, I am definitely going to start the thread.

The cruise that I looked at left from New Orleans and had stops at Belize and two other places.

I am definitely still going to look at the Disney cruises. I want to do a land/sea Disney cruise. At least that way, we could get 3 days at sea and 4 days at WDW.

I think it has more to do with the fact that my mom was healthy and able bodied with the older two. and she has high blood pressure, high sugar, and severe back problems. she is unable to chase a toddler.

My mom is still the only person I feel the most comfortable leaving him with and for the most part she is the only person. I have only left him over night three times now and the first time was only a few months back.

I do know what you mean. Don's mom always took care of Sheri's family when we travel without them. You could always leave him with me but that would sort of defeat the purpose of our girls time out. I would take really good care of him. You'll have to bring him to me and I would even take off work. Now that is love.:hug:

Thanks Nat,

We weren't able to find the treasure left by another poster. I think there had been some landscaping done since they buried it. I did bury another treasure while there and if it works out, I am definitely going to start the thread.

The cruise that I looked at left from New Orleans and had stops at Belize and two other places.

I am definitely still going to look at the Disney cruises. I want to do a land/sea Disney cruise. At least that way, we could get 3 days at sea and 4 days at WDW.

Sheri and I would do the Disney package. It is just so much more expensive the the others. NO would be so easy for you.

I have to throw my .02 in here. I feel the same way about leaving Dallas at home. Dale and I use to go to Talladega twice a year for 2 and 3 days, Amanda and Tyler would stay with my Mom. I have only left Dallas at home for 3 weekends in 11 years............LOL.

So glad Hunter had a good first day at school! That's so important every year, but especially when you are starting Middle School!

I think a cruise would be fun too, but if we ever get around to it, it will be the Disney cruise for now.

Add me to the list of "can't leave the kids". I think I've been away from Christian for more than one night once. And that was for two nights. When he was a year old (and Will was four) right after I moved here I did a scrapbooking thing and stayed in a hotel for two nights. I just don't like to leave the kids. I miss them when they're at school all day. I miss them when Matt and I actually get a date night out (not that we don't go-we go!). I don't think I could be away from the for an extended period of time either.

One day maybe...

Can't wait to see your pictures when you get them up, Lisa. Those deer pictures are cool! :thumbsup2

I totally agree! :goodvibes

I'm glad he had a good first day! Please let us know how lunch went. I'm curious as to what the "cool" kids are doing these days! :laughing:

Sounds like Hunter is going to do great in the new grade! My son starts Kindergarden this September, and I am slightly freaking out, because he will have no friends from his daycare, so it'll be ALL new!
:eek:
Love the TR, looking forward to the new trip!

Thanks for sharing!

Mornin' friends!

I meant to post last night but didn't have a chance to. Before we left for Disney, I stopped my ebay selling 'cause I didn't want to have auctions end while I was gone or have people asking questions and I wouldn't be around to answer them. So, last night, I started putting my stuff back up for bids. Gotta make that Disney money.

We have also started a new routine around the house. I don't know how long it will last but we're going to give it a try. Hunter's room can turn into a disaster area in 2 seconds flat. During the Summer months, I didn't say too much to him about it. I mostly just walked in, shook my head and closed the door.:laughing: I've told him that now he has to pick it up every night. That way, it won't get so bad that it's an overwhelming task to clean it up.

Also, our kitchen snack bar is the place where everyone comes in and drops their stuff. There's mail, there's backpacks, there's purses (well, just mine), there's toys, there's just a whole lotta junk. No more, I say! No more! We can drop our stuff there but by the time dinner is done, it has to be cleaned off. The only things allowed on there at the end of the day is the stuff that goes out with us in the morning.

In elementary school, the teachers actually encourage the kids to get their work done and send home their homework assignments. In middle school, they really start making the kids become independent and don't remind the kids as much. Hunter is like his dad.....slow as a snail in all things. It takes him forever to do something....including classwork and homework. It's not that he doesn't know how to do it or he's off in la-la land, he just takes his own sweet time. Now, when it's something he really wants to do, he can get those legs moving like a cheetah.

We've had a few talks about him getting his work done without anybody really pushing him to do it. He has to make sure he writes down everything the teacher has on the board because she/he won't be sending home a homework sheet. He knows the importance of what we are saying and says he'll do it. We'll see how long that lasts.:rolleyes1

I am glad to report that "at least 50 kids" brought their lunch to school. At least that's how many Hunter said brought their lunch. Looks like the lunchbox doesn't have to be kept hidden after all. He was also excited to learn that they have a hamburger and fries line in the lunchroom. Two of his favorite foods in the world. :)

I'm having issues with photobucket. They said I am about to reach my limit but their site shows that I still have 56% of storage left. :confused3 I've gotten over 400 pictures uploaded and am working on the other 400 that are on my office computer. I still have hundreds more at home. Photobucket needs to work whatever kinks they have out so I can get started on my trip report.

In the meantime, I am going over to their site to find Lacey's graduation pictures so I can post them. I cry every time I see them because Lacey's crying in several of them.

Be back in a bit.

Good morning to you Lisa.

there's purses

I really want to know what kinda purse John carries. :rotfl2:

I think lunch was the kids fav part of middle school. Burgers, fries and Pizza. So much better than the hot lunch line.

Now you know it is just Don and me in our house and our dining table is the catch all. He puts it there and I clean it off. Everyday. I tell him if it is something he wants to keep put it in his office or pitch it. I love to pitch everything.

Sheri's rule you do nothing till homework is done. Poor Andrew after soccer practice and dinner it is after 7. He always has had homework. I think Austin has had it 2 times all through school. Or he has it and we don't know. As long as he is getting A's who cares. He did get an acceptance letter to Univ of MO yesterday. He still wants Drury but he can go to MU for about 1/3 of Drury. Sheri is making him live on campus no matter where he goes. He said he had about 4 schools he wanted to go see.

Have a great day

Ginny

Lisa: My kitchen counter is the "catch-all". DH complains when he can't find something he put there after I've cleaned it off. Mostly those pesky little slips of paper with unidentified phone numbers on them. Sorry! If it was important enough to you, DH, you would have put it somewhere safe! :laughing: Usually I just sweep everything off into the junk drawers and clean them out later.

Ginny: That's wonderful news about Austin! I'm so PROUD!

Oh, and I always loved the pizza line when I was in high school. Especially the deep dish pizzas. I always dipped mine in French Dressing. MMMMM.... Boy, I haven't done that in twelve years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter