• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You're the best parents in the world! I gotta pee! Where's My Tooth? Trip report!

Did you see where I posted that the very first purchase I made at Disney was the 2009 Mickey for you? Yep, it's right here in front me of me!
Try this again...lost the first post

yes, I did see your statement...was just about to thank you when I was summoned!!!!
But, Ashton THANKS YOU!:mickeyjum and I really thank you for thinking about him as the first thing on your magical adventure...

now, if this computer lets me I'm off to read your next post!!

Sorry to hear about the camera and the picture loss! you sound like you are on a roll with the laundry--have a great day! glad to hear ya'll made it home safely;goodness gracious Lacey is going to be road weary poor girl, I'll be thinking about her!!

P.S. I was just watching the weather looks like ya'll made it back just in time!!! ;)

I'm about to play around with my camera. Guess what......it died on me mid-trip. And, yes, it deleted about 170 pictures. Ughhhhh! John and I made a trip to WalMart in Kissimmee at 2:00 a.m. Yes, I said 2:00 a.m.!:scared1:

Wow Lisa - you have had the worst luck with cameras at Disney! Maybe it is a message for Walt himself to all of us, telling us to put the cameras away and live in the moment of the magic!

Glad you're home safe and getting quite a handle on that laundry!

I CAN NOT wait to hear about this trip :)

WELCOME BACK!!

I hate to hear the bad news about the camera, but glad you were able to get another to at least get the remainder of your trip. I can't wait to hear all about it either :surfweb:.

Hi everybody! Thanks for all the "welcome back"s. I am super duper tired. Lacey had to get up this morning and drive all the way back to Cleveland, Georgia. She left about 8:00 a.m.

I just went to the photopass website to enter all my photopass cards. I think there was a total of 72 pictures. I haven't looked at them real closely but there were a few that I thought weren't that good.

I'm about to play around with my camera. Guess what......it died on me mid-trip. And, yes, it deleted about 170 pictures. Ughhhhh! John and I made a trip to WalMart in Kissimmee at 2:00 a.m. Yes, I said 2:00 a.m.!:scared1:

I've already washed 3 loads of clothes and am about to put in load number 4. I'll be back in a little while to give a few more details.

We are all going to get together and buy about 10 throw away cameras. I hate that for you.

Hi everybody! Thanks for all the "welcome back"s. I am super duper tired. Lacey had to get up this morning and drive all the way back to Cleveland, Georgia. She left about 8:00 a.m.

I just went to the photopass website to enter all my photopass cards. I think there was a total of 72 pictures. I haven't looked at them real closely but there were a few that I thought weren't that good.

I've already washed 3 loads of clothes and am about to put in load number 4. I'll be back in a little while to give a few more details.

Oh no that stinks! Thank goodness for Walley World! :)

UGH! That camera has given you so much trouble. Do go to a cemra shop and see if they can retrieve any of the pics off the card though.

Welcome Home!!!!! I hope Lacey made it back to GA ok. Oh no! Not your camera again! I'm glad that you were able to get a new one - even at 2am!

WELCOME HOME, LISA!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your adventure. Poor you! I can't believe you lost all those photos, AGAIN! Perhaps like Jen said, you can get them retrieved, somehow? How sweet that you thought of sweet little Ashton on your trip. He's gonna love that Mickey! :love:

So glad you're back! Sorry about the camera. (Maybe the ghosties snuck on the trip with you and wreaked a little havoc?)Can't wait to hear about it all!

Welcome back! You've had so many camera problems, I'm going to take a backup camera!!! hahah, i have to learn from you :)

hope you have a FABOO time, I thought of you guys often and of what Adventures you had.... :D :surfweb:

TO WORK WITH ME!!!

Morning everyone! I hate to report that I'm back to the same old grind.....work.:guilty: But, I've gotta work to keep food on the table, a child in college and save a little moola for our next Disney trip.

Hunter missed his first half day of school Friday but went to school today. He was super pumped up about starting a new school but called his Mamaw a little after 8:00 a.m. What was the problem? He wasn't supposed to go to school today. Just the 7th and 8th graders went today...not the 6th graders.

Not a great way to start a new school year but at least he was able to get his schedule. He was excited to see that he got his first elective....."strings". That means, I am going to have to rent some sort of instrument.

From what I can tell, it seems that I only lost 176 pictures. Thank goodness Lacey had her camera with her so I have some backup. She doesn't take a whole lotta pictures like her Mama does and they aren't the same kinds of things that I take pictures of but at least I have some.

I will definitely be taking the camera to the camera shop this weekend. I can't even get the dumb thing to turn on now so there's something really wrong with it.

I brought my new camera to work with me (priorities :rotfl:) and am now downloading the 800+ that were on the one memory card I brought with me.

Work isn't too bad. When I turned on my computer, the settings were all changed. I don't know about you guys but if I were somebody who was just filling in, I wouldn't go and change up the computer settings. :confused3

Anyway, the clients and my boss are glad that I'm back. I have already starting prepping the bossman for next year's trip. We really don't want to go back in August again. It was super hot and sweaty. I don't sweat a lot but on some days, I could feel trickles of sweat on me. Yuck! I want to go back the last week of May through the first week of June like we did for years and years.

John and I actually talked about the possibility of homeschooling Hunter. That way, we could go on vacation any time we liked. It's something we are just throwing around in our minds right now.

I'm going to get back to work a little bit but will definitely be back.

We are so glad to have you back. We did manage to chat without you but it was not the same.

I hate that about your pictures. We still have a roll of film missing from our cruise 5 years ago.

I would say no to messing with someone's computer settings but if you remember who worked for you I bet you aren't really surprised.

Poor Hunter. Funny but too bad for him he had to get up when he could have had one more sleep day.

There are a lot of homeschool moms on Dis. I personally have several friends that have done it and they say the work part is fun but they hate they miss activities. Our area has a home school football, basketball, soccer and baseball team tho. They use our school cause we have the newest stadium, lighted soccer fields, biggest gym and new baseball fields. The school gets some extra money and our booster club works concessions for the extra money.

We're home! Got in about 45 minutes ago. I'll be back later tomorrow (well, actually today) to post more.

Chat with ya'll tomorrow!

P.S. Guess what my first purchase was?!?! The 2009 Mickey plush for Mr. Ashton!

Welcome home!! Nice purchase! :thumbsup2

Oh no, I'm sorry about your camera problems :sad2: You went to W-M at 2:00AM? :scared1: Ah yes, post-vacation laundry - blech! :laughing:

Yes, I can imagine that someone changing my computer settings would be a bit annoying when I returned to work. I wouldn't have done that, knowing that my work was temporary. :rolleyes:

Still stinks that you lost all of those pictures, but hopefully they can be recovered. We are all on pins and needles, I think, awaiting your first installment!!!! It's so wonderful to have you back! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter