Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Disneyfreak508 said:
San Angel is actually the on inside of the Mexico building near Gran Fiesta Tour... I haven't eaten there before either! But La Hacienda is AWESOME... we definitely had an amazing meal! :goodvibes Sooo gooood!

Oops...I knew what I meant! ;):rotfl:

I`m definitely late on this TR and I am one of many who normally lurks, but I just needed to come out and let you know that I LOVE your TR's ..... Although I must say, it is so easy to make up excuses for not studying by reading them :rotfl:. I'm a second year university student and definitely understand the overwhelming workloads haha !!

I love love love that you guys took a sneaky trip, lolll hmmmmm I think i'll need to discuss with my mom and see what she thinks haha.

Can't wait to keep reading!!! popcorn::

YUM- that Mexican food looks Amazing!

And I'll always get your Friends references- I'm so old- I watched them all live! My favorite was when I was in college, and the cute boys from upstairs would come over and watch them every Thursday night :) I also have owned all 10 seasons for like 8 years. I LOVE Friends! :)

Cool! I want to be 50% Italian! Tbh I don't even know what I am completely. Supposedly Scotch/Irish (?) but everyone thinks I'm Mexican. Yeah. Let's move on.

Hahaha lucky cats. I have no clue what those things are but I've seen them in so many TRs! Do they work? I want some luck!

DANG, La Hacienda is DECKED OUT! That's awesome! I can see why your mom loves those lamps, they are beautiful!

The food all looks so good! Mmmm I love Mexican (hmm, not surprising since apparently I AM Mexican :rolleyes: ) haha but really. Yum. Not sure why but I've never been to either of the places in the Mexican pavilion! This must be fixed! Thank you for the excellent review!

Can't wait for more woooooo!

That fish looked really good! It makes me want to try La Hacienda!

We were in Italy for our honeymoon and my husband gave me the evil eye when I said "oh, this looks like Epcot!" :laughing:

Oh man, you guys fared in the rain SO much better than we did. Boy do I have a story once I get to that part in my TR! It was probably the only time during our trip that I was truly annoyed. Of course, I only stayed mad for a minute, but you know. Do you remember how FREEZING it was? That was crazy!

Jess, you seriously have this talent for making me fall in LOVE with restaurants I've never even considered going to. La Hacienda just wasn't on my radar for whatever reason and now I am absolutely dying to go!

Oops...I knew what I meant! ;):rotfl:

Haha I figured you did ;) Just wanted to make sure! :thumbsup2

I`m definitely late on this TR and I am one of many who normally lurks, but I just needed to come out and let you know that I LOVE your TR's ..... Although I must say, it is so easy to make up excuses for not studying by reading them :rotfl:. I'm a second year university student and definitely understand the overwhelming workloads haha !!

I love love love that you guys took a sneaky trip, lolll hmmmmm I think i'll need to discuss with my mom and see what she thinks haha.

Can't wait to keep reading!!! popcorn::

Aww well thank you so much for being here!! And thank you for the compliments! LOL I know what you mean... I always choose to write/read trip reports instead of studying. Probably not a good habit to get into! :laughing:

Hahaha oh thank you! You should mention it to your Mom!

Thanks for reading! I'm glad you're enjoying!

YUM- that Mexican food looks Amazing!

And I'll always get your Friends references- I'm so old- I watched them all live! My favorite was when I was in college, and the cute boys from upstairs would come over and watch them every Thursday night :) I also have owned all 10 seasons for like 8 years. I LOVE Friends! :)

Oh my gosh it was SO GOOD!

Hahaha aww that's absolutely adorable! How fun! That's like how we all gather for dance moms nowadays in college... but that's not nearly as good as Friends :rolleyes: Friends is the most perfect show EVER. I'm glad you'll get my references!

Cool! I want to be 50% Italian! Tbh I don't even know what I am completely. Supposedly Scotch/Irish (?) but everyone thinks I'm Mexican. Yeah. Let's move on.

Hahaha lucky cats. I have no clue what those things are but I've seen them in so many TRs! Do they work? I want some luck!

DANG, La Hacienda is DECKED OUT! That's awesome! I can see why your mom loves those lamps, they are beautiful!

The food all looks so good! Mmmm I love Mexican (hmm, not surprising since apparently I AM Mexican :rolleyes: ) haha but really. Yum. Not sure why but I've never been to either of the places in the Mexican pavilion! This must be fixed! Thank you for the excellent review!

Can't wait for more woooooo!

Haha ahh that would drive me nuts if I didn't know what my heritage was! But the potentialities (is that a word?) that you have sound really cool! People used to ask me if I was mexican too... but I'm not. :laughing:

They're just little Japanese trinkets and each cat's color has a different type of luck it brings! And I mean, my luck is pretty good lately (knock on wood!) so it wouldn't hurt to give them a try! :thumbsup2

La Hacienda is just SUPER pretty! I love it!

I never went to either Mexican restaurant either, but this was one I definitely had to try! I loved it! You're welcome - I'm glad it could help!

That fish looked really good! It makes me want to try La Hacienda!

We were in Italy for our honeymoon and my husband gave me the evil eye when I said "oh, this looks like Epcot!" :laughing:

Oh my God that fish was AMAZING! I wish I could have it again!

:rotfl: That is something that I would TOTALLY do. That's fantastic. I will never be able to go to a foreign country without relating it to Epcot.

Oh man, you guys fared in the rain SO much better than we did. Boy do I have a story once I get to that part in my TR! It was probably the only time during our trip that I was truly annoyed. Of course, I only stayed mad for a minute, but you know. Do you remember how FREEZING it was? That was crazy!

Jess, you seriously have this talent for making me fall in LOVE with restaurants I've never even considered going to. La Hacienda just wasn't on my radar for whatever reason and now I am absolutely dying to go!

Hahaha oh boy... I can't wait to hear that story! :laughing: That sounds like quite a fiasco! And YES I do remember how cold it got! Ugh, how disappointing! It was so nice and warm and then BAM. Cold. Of course. :rolleyes:

Hahaha aww I'm so glad I can help you find more restaurants to try! I hope you like them as much as I do! You should DEFINITELY try La Hacienda next time... I really am craving it now after writing this update!! It was EXTREMELY good!

I think you get enough exercise just by walking around so much. So that justifies all of my unhealthy choices! CALORIES AREN'T REAL IN DISNEY!
Exactly!!! They do not exist in Disney AND they don't exist on your birthday either! Which technically means your mum should have eating everything in sight on that day! She would probably lose weight because of all the negative calories she 'didn't' consume :lmao:
I can't believe you drove 45 hours to get there! Ahhh I mean it's worth it but WOW that's a long time!
Yes...a 45 hour non stop drive is a veryyyyyy long time. Quite a funny story about how that came about keep meaning to write a TR and yet life keeps distracting me... It was so worth it though and it ended up being the craziest most insanely fun thing I have done my whole life. Gosh it felt like forever though haha and I would only recommend doing it with your very best friends, otherwise you might (will) kill your fellow passengers.
That's SO exciting!! Do you know how many times she auditioned!
I believe she had auditioned 5 times previously? Ill have to double check with her, she is 24 this year and it's so exciting that this has happened. I am so happy for her! Its just so funny how Disney are like that! They kept saying no to her and she wouldn't even make it past the first round and then suddenly boom she is what they want. The dean at my arts college used to call auditions a 'chook raffle' (chicken raffle)...not sure if you have that saying in the US but anyway just meaning its so random how they pick people sometimes that if you try and figure it out you'll just drive yourself crazy :rotfl:
ok update!
That is such a lovely picture of your mum and the plant! I love how excited parents get about plants. So cute! Yay plants!
You and Walt gazing off into the distance is my favourite! So thoughtful!
Oh hi there deer with your deer face. TWINS.
This lady behind us was swearing SO MUCH because she could not remember where she parked! She was yelling at her husband and she was all worked up because she forgot to write it down. It's important to take note of that stuff so you don't have adult meltdown moments such as this!
It's also important to not be a psychotic crazy person and remember you're in Disney.... Chill lady
Those puppet pictures are amazing!!! Glad you found some friends!! You really need to obtain some overalls and go back to retake the picture. And Yes you could pull them off. Haven't you heard that all the clothing that was cool when we were 5 is back in. You might also need some of those amazing sunglasses....
So we went to Lotus Blossom Cafe and got MY FAVORITE ICE CREAM IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! Strawberry Red Bean Ice Cream.
Alright...you sold me! It's going on the list...the ever growing never ending list :goodvibes
update #2
Italy is sooooo pretty! Such a great place to stroll around!
Those flowers look so good! Makes me want to garden...except I've tried on several separate occasions, I know it's not my calling. Everything dies despite what I do. What? :confused:
Arghhhh I am getting so hungry because that all looks and sounds so good! Is it hard to write these updates? So full of amazing food...that is nowhere near where we are right now! So sad. Need a food teleporter pronto!
I love how at Disney you can just get full to a point that is not possible in the real world. But it's not the "I am so full I want to kill everyone and die" full, its like a "I am so happy everything and is alright in the world" kind of full. So good... I miss it. Only 6ish more months :goodvibes
I love eating 3 days worth of calories at every meal! It's my favourite! Especially because the calories are non existant Disney calories!:goodvibes

2 UPDATES in 1 WEEKEND!!!!!! How did we ever get so lucky???? LOL. I know your schedule is tight these days but I just love when a new installment is posted.

I agree with you the Italian Pavilion is beautiful. The flowers are amazing. I bet in a few weeks they will be awesome.

The White Good Luck Cat has been my log on Icon for my computer for awhile now. I never knew what it meant but loved it.

I need to try San Angel. Seems like their food was great. I don't know how yall eat like you do and stay so skinny. :lmao: I need to know your secret.

Happy Birthday to your mother seems like she had a great one. I mean who wouldnt if they were at Disney celebrating.

We'll be eating at La Hacienda in July! So excited now, thanks for the great review! It all looks delicious. The fish looked amazing; yum yum. It is really pretty inside there. We ate inside there for lunch. You're able to eat in there during lunch at the counter service. It's beautiful! I never saw the lights before. They are nice!

We ate at San Angel on our December trip for the Candlelight Processional package. Yum! It was good there!

Don't get me started on all of the Disney trips I want to take! I have been to Disneyland in 2010 but I really want to go back for the new Cars expansion! You'd love it there! :) I also need to do a cruise, Hawaii, Adventures by Disney, Disney Tokyo, Disneyland Paris...I need to win the lottery too!

Just for you :)
scan-1.jpg

:lmao: :rotfl:.....I lol'ed.

That must have been one of the lost commandments...

Albert Einstein agrees this is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
6808827214_122c785d9f.jpg

I believe Einstein can vouch for that as well...

La Hacienda looks fancy. I want to get a reservation to watch Illuminations from there....Ahhh, fireworks and margaritas :cloud9:.....whoops, zoned out for a second just thinking about it....don't mind me, I'll just be over here dreaming of pyro and booze (because they go so well together, y'know?...by the way, that's how I start all my fires)

And I can't get over DAT CUPCAKE....so good
Just replace "Blue Velvet" with "Red Velvet", and...well, you get the idea, it's supposed to be heavenly...hey, it kind of fits, right?....

I'm glad you appreciated that :lmao:
Bahaha IT WAS DEFINITELY ON THAT OTHER TABLET!!
Einstein is a smart man. (that may be a redundant statement. :p)
Mmm that sounds like a delightful idea. :cloud9: but I definitely wouldn't reccomend doing that in Disney! HAHAHA :rotfl2:
THAT IS THE PERFECT SONG OH MY GOD!!!! :lmao: Kristen and I should seriously write a Red Velvet remix. :laughing:

Exactly!!! They do not exist in Disney AND they don't exist on your birthday either! Which technically means your mum should have eating everything in sight on that day! She would probably lose weight because of all the negative calories she 'didn't' consume

Hahaha well, I mean I think I ate enough for the both of us that day. CALORIES DIDN'T COUNT! :thumbsup2/FONT]

Yes...a 45 hour non stop drive is a veryyyyyy long time. Quite a funny story about how that came about keep meaning to write a TR and yet life keeps distracting me... It was so worth it though and it ended up being the craziest most insanely fun thing I have done my whole life. Gosh it felt like forever though haha and I would only recommend doing it with your very best friends, otherwise you might (will) kill your fellow passengers.

That sounds absolutely INSANE but extremely fun! I would love to hear the story sometime haha

I believe she had auditioned 5 times previously? Ill have to double check with her, she is 24 this year and it's so exciting that this has happened. I am so happy for her! Its just so funny how Disney are like that! They kept saying no to her and she wouldn't even make it past the first round and then suddenly boom she is what they want. The dean at my arts college used to call auditions a 'chook raffle' (chicken raffle)...not sure if you have that saying in the US but anyway just meaning its so random how they pick people sometimes that if you try and figure it out you'll just drive yourself crazy :rotfl:

Aww good for her!! I'm so happy she finally got that job! Disney is DEFINITELY like that oh my gosh. You never know what they're thinking!

ok update!
That is such a lovely picture of your mum and the plant! I love how excited parents get about plants. So cute! Yay plants!
You and Walt gazing off into the distance is my favourite! So thoughtful!
Oh hi there deer with your deer face. TWINS.

Haha oh thanks! I know, it's precious lol
LOL Thank you.
DEER!

It's also important to not be a psychotic crazy person and remember you're in Disney.... Chill lady
Those puppet pictures are amazing!!! Glad you found some friends!! You really need to obtain some overalls and go back to retake the picture. And Yes you could pull them off. Haven't you heard that all the clothing that was cool when we were 5 is back in. You might also need some of those amazing sunglasses....

I think that some people forget that.
LOL oh thank you. I seriously do. We can be twins. I mean, I love the 90's so overalls might now be a bad idea. :laughing: As well as frumpy sunglasses. SUCH a great fashion statement.

Alright...you sold me! It's going on the list...the ever growing never ending list :goodvibes

YAY GOOD!

update #2
Italy is sooooo pretty! Such a great place to stroll around!
Those flowers look so good! Makes me want to garden...except I've tried on several separate occasions, I know it's not my calling. Everything dies despite what I do. What? :confused:

I agree! Aww I'm sorry your flowers keep dying! My Nana and My Mom are like pro gardeners but it's not my thing... so I understand how you feel! :laughing:

Arghhhh I am getting so hungry because that all looks and sounds so good! Is it hard to write these updates? So full of amazing food...that is nowhere near where we are right now! So sad. Need a food teleporter pronto!

Ummm YES it is extremely hard to write these updates because I just want to eat everything!! Describing it makes me hungry haha

I love how at Disney you can just get full to a point that is not possible in the real world. But it's not the "I am so full I want to kill everyone and die" full, its like a "I am so happy everything and is alright in the world" kind of full. So good... I miss it. Only 6ish more months :goodvibes

Exactly! The amount of food I consume in Disney amazes me.

I love eating 3 days worth of calories at every meal! It's my favourite! Especially because the calories are non existant Disney calories!:goodvibes

Amen to that!

2 UPDATES in 1 WEEKEND!!!!!! How did we ever get so lucky???? LOL. I know your schedule is tight these days but I just love when a new installment is posted.

Haha aww I'm so glad you're excited about the updates! I actually have break this week so I am writing a TON of updates so I can post them more regularly once school starts back up. Smart, right? :thumbsup2

I agree with you the Italian Pavilion is beautiful. The flowers are amazing. I bet in a few weeks they will be awesome.

Oh absolutely! Italy is super pretty during the flower and garden festival!!

The White Good Luck Cat has been my log on Icon for my computer for awhile now. I never knew what it meant but loved it.

Haha aww that's really cute!

I need to try San Angel. Seems like their food was great. I don't know how yall eat like you do and stay so skinny. :lmao: I need to know your secret.

Haha San Angel is actually the one inside of the Mexico Pavilion... La Hacienda is the one we ate at and it's closer to the water. I haven't tried San Angel but our experience at La Hacienda was PHENOMENAL!! I definitely recommend it! And bahaha I honestly don't know how I'm not the size of a house... but I guess some exercise and healthier choices when I'm at home help a little bit. :laughing:

Happy Birthday to your mother seems like she had a great one. I mean who wouldnt if they were at Disney celebrating.

Thank you! And I know... Disney is the best place to be on your birthday!

We'll be eating at La Hacienda in July! So excited now, thanks for the great review! It all looks delicious. The fish looked amazing; yum yum. It is really pretty inside there. We ate inside there for lunch. You're able to eat in there during lunch at the counter service. It's beautiful! I never saw the lights before. They are nice!

Good, good, good!! You're absolutely going to love it - I sure did! Mmm I wish I could go back there now! It is extremely pretty... and yeah I ate in there for lunch one day, too with food from La Cantina! The decorations are awesome!

We ate at San Angel on our December trip for the Candlelight Processional package. Yum! It was good there!

Ahh did you? I've been meaning to try that place! Maybe within the next year.

Don't get me started on all of the Disney trips I want to take! I have been to Disneyland in 2010 but I really want to go back for the new Cars expansion! You'd love it there! :) I also need to do a cruise, Hawaii, Adventures by Disney, Disney Tokyo, Disneyland Paris...I need to win the lottery too!

I know I would LOVE Disneyland. It's literally calling me. Every time I see a picture of it my heart just breaks a little bit because I want to go so bad. :laughing: But ahh I know I want to go to all of those places too!

Just for you :)
scan-1.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am going to edit that back in to the update! Thank you!!

Haha yay for an update! I didn't have any homework so it was the perfect time to write one!
I agree about One Man's Dream. The history that is displayed in those exhibits is just so interesting to me!
Haha Norway is definitely one of my top favorite countries! Mmmm that cologne sounds good! I'll have to smell it next time I'm there!​

thank you so much :-) Aw that's adorable! I bet you guys have a lot of fun, in Disney, too! Thanks for reading! And thank you so much! This was such a great decision... I'm so happy!! Thanks! And aww I hope you enjoy the other ones as well! Thanks for being here!​

hahah the plant pictures much be a mom thing.

I did see the muppet movie! It was great! Lol those songs are awesome!

Cute pictures!

Hahaha that's such a funny story! Ugh forgetting where the car is is the worst!

He's usually in Mexico! I think there is a sign near where he greets so just keep an eye out for the times!

Mmm try the strawberry one! You won't regret it!​

I SAW THAT AND I FREAKED OUT!!! And Kristen texted me a picture of it yesterday morning! I swear, that girl is our TWIN.
And yay for posting an image! Woohoo!
And LOL I think you meant SDT ;) :rotfl:

thank you! She had a magical time, for sure!

Omg it's SO good! Definitely remember to get it next time!

ugh I don't know if they have nuts :( I mean in an obvious sense they don't because I know on top of the cupcake there is Heath bar.. An on top of the school bread is coconut. But I don't know if they're exposed to nuts or anything. I would just ask when you're there and see!​

haha yes, it definitely was cool!

Lol oh thank you. I'm a frump.

Oh good! I'm sure you would love it!!​

good, good! You definitely won't be disappointed! SO GOOD!​

Ah I googled Heath bar it has almonds :confused::confused:

-The picture of you is so pretty!
-Cute picture of you and your mom!
-Wow! Those poinsettia's are gorgeous!
-I seriously need one (or all) of those lucky cats!
-I really wanna try that ramen!
-I also love those lamps!
-Oh good lord the fish and the dessert looks DELISH!
-Happy Birthday to your mommy!!!! And those churros look really good!

-The picture of you is so pretty!
-Cute picture of you and your mom!
-Wow! Those poinsettia's are gorgeous!
-I seriously need one (or all) of those lucky cats!
-I really wanna try that ramen!
-I also love those lamps!
-Oh good lord the fish and the dessert looks DELISH!
-Happy Birthday to your mommy!!!! And those churros look really good!

Aw thank you about the pictures!
Those lucky cats are awesome!
I want to try that Raemen too!
Mmm La Hacienda was beautiful!
Thank you!

No problem :)

:thumbsup2

Pre-Trip Report #1: I HAVE A FRUMPTASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT!
March 7th, 2012

HELLOOOOOO EVERYONE!

I just wanted to inform you that............

KRISTEN AND I ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

party: party: party:

This past Saturday morning, Kristen's brother, Mike, mentioned that he was sad that he wasn't going to Disney with Kristen's family in August.

So, Kristen's Mom suggested, "why don't you have your Dad take you in May?"

So...... of course, that sounded like a lovely idea to Kristen and Mike, since it is a Disney Trip after all!

We were all talking about it... and came up with the idea that maybe Kristen and Mike should each bring somebody along!

Mike, of course, wanted to bring his girlfriend, Katie. And SHE HAS NEVER BEEN TO DISNEY BEFORE!

And Kristen? Well........

SHE INVITED ME!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

So.... Mike mentioned the idea to their Dad (Dave) a couple days ago. And he talked to him again this evening. Dave has the opportunity to take leave from his job, so.......

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY ON MAY 12TH-17TH!

WOO WOO WOO WOO WOOOOOOO! :yay:

Oh. My. God.

This is INSANITY!!!!!!!

So basically, I have a ticker now. And we are only 65 days away!!!!!!!

I was over at Kristen's house tonight and we made a potential plan, but we didn't know if this was really going to happen. But NOW IT IS!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

I have been having a super obsessive Disney depression this week because I have been on break.... and now I know why!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Okay, I'm sorry. I just found out I was going to Disney and I was jumping around like a lunatic. I just had to share.

So yeah! I will definitely keep you all updated when we finalize more details! I CAN'T WAIT!

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter