Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Disneyfreak508, Jan 5, 2012.

1. nannye

nannye DIS Veteran

The red velvet cupcake looks so good! As does the school bread from or way in Epcot that you rave about here is the point where my hopes are dashed, do they have nuts in the, of any kind? Peanuts... Almonds etc..... They probably do

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lauren_elizabeth

lauren_elizabeth Disney World Lover

So sweet that your mama wanted a picture of her with the plant. Hey, it's a neat looking plant!

I absolutely love the pictures of you and those puppets. Those are precious and priceless! :)

Why have I never tried this red bean ice cream before!? It's going on the must-do list FA SHO! :thumbsup2

4. basketkat

basketkat DIS Veteran

I haven't had one of the red velvet cupcakes OR that ice cream before! Going on the must do list for sure! popcorn::

5. __disneygirl

__disneygirl well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Woooo hooo, thanks for the shoutout!! Yes, everyone, my trip report is amazing, READ IT!!!

Your pictures never fail to be awesome!! Especially the one of you looking into the distance with Walt and you and the puppet making DEER FACES!! :rotfl:

That ice cream looks SO GOOD! I didn't realize you could get it at Lotus Blossom.. I thought it was only available at Nine Dragons! Now that I know I can get that without having to make an ADR, I will probably be eating a ton of it. What does it taste like?

I have a feeling a very awesome person will be making a cameo in your next update ;)

6. Disneyfreak508

Disneyfreak508 Frumpy Princess ♥ <br><a href="http://www.disboard

Haha yay for an update! I didn't have any homework so it was the perfect time to write one!
    I agree about One Man's Dream. The history that is displayed in those exhibits is just so interesting to me!
    Haha Norway is definitely one of my top favorite countries! Mmmm that cologne sounds good! I'll have to smell it next time I'm there!​

thank you so much :-) Aw that's adorable! I bet you guys have a lot of fun, in Disney, too! Thanks for reading! And thank you so much! This was such a great decision... I'm so happy!! Thanks! And aww I hope you enjoy the other ones as well! Thanks for being here!​

hahah the plant pictures much be a mom thing.

I did see the muppet movie! It was great! Lol those songs are awesome!

Cute pictures!

Hahaha that's such a funny story! Ugh forgetting where the car is is the worst!

He's usually in Mexico! I think there is a sign near where he greets so just keep an eye out for the times!

Mmm try the strawberry one! You won't regret it!​

I SAW THAT AND I FREAKED OUT!!! And Kristen texted me a picture of it yesterday morning! I swear, that girl is our TWIN.
    And yay for posting an image! Woohoo!
    And LOL I think you meant SDT ;) :rotfl:

thank you! She had a magical time, for sure!

Omg it's SO good! Definitely remember to get it next time!

ugh I don't know if they have nuts :( I mean in an obvious sense they don't because I know on top of the cupcake there is Heath bar.. An on top of the school bread is coconut. But I don't know if they're exposed to nuts or anything. I would just ask when you're there and see!​

haha yes, it definitely was cool!

Lol oh thank you. I'm a frump.

Oh good! I'm sure you would love it!!​

good, good! You definitely won't be disappointed! SO GOOD!​

7. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you took a food picture of an orange. :lmao:

Hahah that tree looks like a bunch of little shamrocks. HOW FITTING FOR THE GRAND OLE MONTH O' MARCH.

One Man's Dream. :love: What a beautiful exhibit.

YOU KNOW I KNOW ABOUT THE JANICE "OH. MY. GOD." Hahaha nothin like a good old Friends reference in a Disney trip report (that ISN'T MINE) to brighten my mood. :thumbsup2

MEXICAN DONALD! What a beautiful duck, wearing such an authentic sombrero!

Hahaha I love your puppet picture. Just take the word 'haha' out of this smiley. I wanted to imitate it. :laughing: Yeah I'm cool.

8. Disneyfreak508

Bahaha expect nothing less of me. I am insane :lmao:

Lol first update of march = shamrock looking plant thingy.

Hahaha oh Janice. I'm glad you caught the reference. :p I was watching an episode last night where she like invited herself to the wedding so Monica had to tell her that Chandler still had feelings for her so she couldn't come :rotfl: So funny. that woman is a frump.

Lol oh thanks. I enjoy those pictures a lot. And :laughing: that smiley is PERFECT.​

9. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

Hahahah no way!!!!! I seriously watched that episode like three days ago. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES??? And yes, I will ALWAYS get the Friends quotes! :thumbsup2

10. PlutosRHM55

PlutosRHM55 Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

TRUTH! I'm pretty sure Disney should have a diagram or something like this:

Disney > Reality​

Simple ;)

I'm just joking. I'm just amazed you kept a secret from her. If I was going on a surprise Disney trip. I'd be telling everyone. I'd probably go on some talk show or Good Morning America or something yelling about how I'm going to Disney. It just stuns me... though I think after the last trip it makes sense lol

TIME FOR ANOTHER DIAGRAM!

Disney Food > Other Food​

Nuff said and I will definitely put Strawberry Red Bean Ice Cream on my list... oh, maybe I should tell my friend who's in Disney right now! Yes, he can tell me his opinion! ::yes::

11. Kelliroo3

Kelliroo3 A Disney World fan

Love One Man's Dream. So fun to look at all the memorabilia.

I remember the how warm and sunny it was that day and then all of the sudden it began to get chilly, windy and drizzle a bit. Dec. 7th was the day we arrived! Aww...memories. Wish I was there now!

Those puppets are hilarious! Love the Friends reference. I was just watching an episode the other day. It was the one where Monica was making all of the jam because of her breakup from Richard. Love that show.

12. Disneyfreak508

Haha did you really!? Yeah, I watched it on Nick @ Nite last night. Now I am currently watching the one where Chandler and Rachel are obsessed with the Cheesecake. It sounds like me and Kristen. :rotfl:

I'm glad at least one person will get my friends references!

That diagram is very accurate!

Hahaha I just felt bad because I knew I was going at the end of the month. :laughing: But I NEEDED TO GO TO DISNEY! So I told everyone after it happened lol

DISNEY FOOD RULES THE WORLD. End of Story.

Yes, definitely put it on your list and tell your friend! I bet he'd enjoy it!

It is!

I know, it was really cold the next day, I remember that. I was sad that it got cold :rolleyes: I love when it's warm in Disney.

Hahaha I LOVE the puppets! And Friends, of course. Hahaha that's a great episode! Kristen and I are watching it right now, actually!​

13. Jazzabelle508

Jazzabelle508 Live, Laugh, Love and Disney

Sorry to see that you guys had rotten luck with ride timing :( that happened to my family on martin luther king day this year. we couldn't figure out why we were having such terrible luck with lines and crowds but eventually we figured it out.

I love visiting the one man's dream exhibit. it isn't a every trip thing for me but i do like visiting it occassionally.

Yay friends reference :) i love that show so much! i am actually watching it right now on nick at night. i made a ton of friends references in my pictures and conversations my past 2 disney trips. i love quoting janis! i also love quoting all the other characters as well. Whenever i saw anything about dinosaurs i started quoting ross. i took a couple of pictures where i am imitating ross's veliosoraptor pose. it really is hillarious!

can't wait for more :)

14. Disneyfreak508

Haha it's okay! I hate when that happens... I only like to go to stuff like that when I hit it right on the button. :p I'm sorry you guys had trouble too!

Yes, I agree!

Hahaha Kristen and I were just watching the Cheesecake Friends episode! But now we're watching SNL. They just did a Real Housewives of Disney skit and Lindsay Lohan is hosting. This is quite an episode! :laughing:

I think there's actually an app for the iPhone with Friends quotes! I definitely need to look into downloading that! Friends is the absolute best show to quote EVER.

15. hollisterluva92

hollisterluva92 DIS Veteran

-I think the plant pictures are definitely a mom thing!
    -I really enjoyed the muppets movie! Amy Adams was adorbs!
    -Hahahah I know right.....forgetting where you car is is a horrible feeling!
    -I definitely will! I have to find him!
    -I really want the strawberry one now!

16. Disneyfreak508

Chapter 17: Una Fiesta De Cumpleaños En Mexico!
    December 7th, 2011

After we looked at all of the Chinese Merchandise, the rain died down a bit so we kept walking. The bridge was up for the IllumiNations load in, so we had to wait for that.

Then we made our way to Italy and looked in the gift shops there. The Italy Pavilion is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Oh my gosh. I love it.

[​IMG]

My heritage consists of three different backgrounds, and being 50% Italian is my favorite part! So this Pavilion is really special to me. Plus, my Mom is 100% Italian so she loves it too!

[​IMG]

Just LOOK at these poinsettias. Like, holy cow. They're beautiful.

[​IMG]

The flowers are just perfect. Everywhere. I don't know how Disney keeps up with it, but the flowers always amaze me here.

[​IMG]

I LOVE THIS PLACE. I could just stand there all day.

[​IMG]

More pink poinsettias!

[​IMG]

Then we went over to Japan and looked in Mitsukoshi. We found the lucky cat table!

[​IMG]

Look at all of the colors!

[​IMG]

Here are the descriptions of what each cat's color means! (Thank you for providing this information, petals!)

[​IMG]

Ahhh a college kid's dream: Ramen from JAPAN! (or Disney World... whichever way you want to look at it.)

[​IMG]

I actually didn't think I was going to like Ramen Noodles, but I go to college and I try them... and, of course, they're delicious. Except we obviously get the really cheap ones. I feel like the Japan/Disney version would be overpriced. Ramen is SUPPOSED to be cheap, so I hope they don't overprice it here. Another thing I need to check when I go back.

We left the Japan gift shop and just kept walking through the countries. We really had no intended destination, so basically we completed our lap around the world.

[​IMG]

It was getting a little chilly at this point, so I wanted to look for a sweatshirt. We looked in the International Gateway Gift Shop, but they didn't have anything.

So, we gave up on that for a while. We didn't really have anything else to do, and since we were in the area, we decided to check in for dinner a little early.

Where were we having dinner for el cumpleaños de mi madre?!

Well, we decided to try........... LA HACIENDA!

"It's Fiesta Time!"
    (2005 Planning DVD, anyone?)

[​IMG]

This was our first time eating here, so we were very excited!

Our reservation wasn't until 6:45 pm, but we checked in around 5:30 pm. We were seated within 10 minutes!

Christmas Tip #12: Always make your dining reservations a little later than you expect to arrive. If you check in early, they usually take you right in and seat you fairly quickly!

I love how even the restaurants have little Christmas decorations!

[​IMG]

And even during regular times of the year, the decor in La Hacienda is AMAZING! They have such cool lamps! It's so authentically decorated!

[​IMG]

Just some Sombreros chillin' on the wall there.

[​IMG]

My Mom is OBSESSED with these lamps. These, and the ones at Sanaa, are her favorite things in the world. She talks about them all the time. They're just so awesome!

[​IMG]

While I was sitting at my table, Lia finally tweeted me saying that her phone wasn't letting her send me back a direct message, so I sent her my phone number so we could chat without letting the twitter world know I was in Disney! I was so sneaky on this trip LOL.

We texted each other and she said she went to the hotel, but was heading back to Epcot soon! So we could meet up later that night once she arrived! Yay!

Then our meal began! They started us out with Chips and Salsa. That Red Salsa was VERY spicy! I probably downed about 2 glasses of water before any of our other food came out!

[​IMG]

We placed our orders and decided to (for once!) get appetizers!

I got the Queso Fundido. I expected this to be like a Quesadilla type deal, but I was incorrect! Basically, I got a big slab of this delicious cheese and a bunch of soft shell tortillas! You put the cheese inside of the tortillas and there's your appetizer! It was really good... and I'm not a huge cheese fan! So thumbs up, so far!

[​IMG]

Mom got the Sopa de Frijol and, thanks to my handy dandy 7 years of Spanish Class, I know that means Bean Soup! She liked it a lot!

[​IMG]

She also got the Ensalada de la Hacienda, which was a "spinach salad with queso fresco, tomatoes, pomegranate, pine nuts, and avocado, with mustard vinaigrette dressing." I just hear that description and automatically think of my Mom. That's RIGHT up her alley. She was very pleased, of course!

[​IMG]

We decided to split an entree since 1) We had been eating ALL DAY LONG and 2) We ordered appetizers and wanted dessert! So for dinner we split the Pescado a la Talla... aka the Grilled Tilapia!

[​IMG]

This fish... oh my GOD. It was freakin' delicious. It just fell apart and melted in my mouth. It was PERFECT. I usually don't get any fish besides Salmon, but I saw a food picture of this and just knew that I was going to love it. It was sooooo good.

My biggest regret was that I was SO FULL by the time our entree came to the table. Like... I was ready to burst before it even got there, but I still continued to shove it down my throat. It was really exceptional.

Also, our entree came with sides of beans and rice. Those were both really good too, but I couldn't take more than a couple bites of each. DANG, I NEED TO GO BACK SO I CAN EAT MORE!

[​IMG]

Even though I was going to explode into a million pieces, we had to get dessert! We ordered the Empanada de Manzana! It was basically an Apple Turnover, which is one of my favorite things EVER! Sadly, this one was a little overdone. But I would definitely go back and get it again because I am such a fan of this type of dessert! Plus, the ice cream that came with it was REALLY delicious. It was the perfect compliment!

[​IMG]

The table we sat at was very close to the table next to us. So, of course, my Mom started chatting with the family next to us. They were SO nice. Oh my gosh. Their family consisted of the father, the mother, and the daughter who had a disability. They were SUCH a Disney Vacation Club family. It was precious. They told us all about their past vacations on the Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney.

One Adventure by Disney that they took was in Austria, and they were taken to the ORIGINAL filming site of The Sound of Music. I was Liesl in The Sound of Music during my senior year of High School, so that musical holds a special place in my heart. That's just SO awesome that they got to do that!

I really, REALLY hope we get to go on an Adventure by Disney one day. I would love to do one of the out west ones or the Alaskan one. And I would love to go on a Disney Cruise. And go to Aulani. And Disneyland. (AHHH don't get me started on how much I want to go to Disneyland!!!) Basically... any type of vacation that is Disney related, count me in. You just can't go wrong!

Geez, I need to get a full time job. Or win the lottery. Or find buried treasure. Or SOMETHING.

Anywho... yeah. So we chilled out for a while, chatting, relaxing, and digesting the 3-days worth of calories we just consumed.

My bladder was uncontrollable during this meal... I think I used that bathroom like three times! Hahaha I just couldn't stop! I just drink SO MUCH WATER and eat SO MUCH FOOD. But it's worth it.

Eventually, they brought us our check. And they also brought Mom some complementary churros for her Birthday! HOW NICE!

[​IMG]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY!

[​IMG]

We absolutely LOVED La Hacienda and I really want to go back there soon! It's such a great spot! I think it's really underrated for the quality of the meal! The food was absolutely fantastic and the atmosphere was awesome! But just remember...

Christmas Tip #13: La Hacienda ONLY serves dinner!

So if you want to go there, make that dinner reservation! Because they won't be there for lunch. Sorry, folks!

Continued in Next Post

17. Reberella

Reberella Mouseketeer

Omg you guys look like you had so much fun! i was just in Disney 2 weeks ago for my 13th birthday! don't you love how everyone says happy birthday and sings?! its so MAGICAL! (lol)

18. Reberella

Reberella Mouseketeer

Is the Beauty and the Beast show FANTASTIC? Everyone says it is, but I never get a chance to see it:( My brother is 16 and a HUGE disney lover, but can never be convinced to see this show.:sad1:

19. basketkat

basketkat DIS Veteran

Italy is beautiful!!! I love all of the world showcase!!!

We haven't eaten at San Angel...it looks like you had an amazing meal!!

20. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

Yay for updates! I love Epcot, it's so pretty! Everything! Dinner looks great! There's too many places to eat in Epcot...I could eat forever.... Yay for birthday churros!

I know what you mean about going absolutely everywhere Disney related! There's just so much to do, and so many possibilities! I'm super excited to just have bought my premier passport! So many new things to do!!

21. Disneyfreak508

Haha I totally agree with everything! :thumbsup2

We had a great time! And the trip report has just begun!

Aww that sounds so awesome! I went to Disney for my 13th birthday too! It was absolutely AMAZING and I will never forget it! I'm sure you'll remember that birthday forever too! :goodvibes And yes, I do love that everyone says happy birthday! It IS so magical!

It is fantastic!! I don't see it on every trip, but every few times I am in Disney I make sure I watch it! You will definitely have to either drag him to the show or go see it yourself sometime! :wizard:

Me too!

San Angel is actually the on inside of the Mexico building near Gran Fiesta Tour... I haven't eaten there before either! But La Hacienda is AWESOME... we definitely had an amazing meal! :goodvibes Sooo gooood!

I love it too! I wish I was there right now haha. But oh my gosh, I know right? There are just so many amazing places to go! I can never decide haha

I know! It's so true. I hope I'll make enough money someday to actually go everywhere :laughing: It's like a life goal to travel to all of these places. And yay for the premier passport! That's awesome and I'm sure you'll put it to good use!